There is only one

There is only one "kind" of life

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
13 Mar 08

Originally posted by eldragonfly
you can't have it both ways, either you believe in science or you don't. and you admitting that religion is just a theory is just plain silly, you have contradicted yourself here.

If science was just a theory, then you wouldn't be using the keyboard at your computer, there would be no internet, you wouldn't have GPS systems at the ready in your gas ef ...[text shortened]... of what you have expressed here is just hypocritical and meaningless child-like spew.
I never said anything about religion being a theory. You dredged that up out of the convoluted recesses of your own mind. No contradiction.

The different devices and technologies you refer to are the application of the theories that science has given us. Nothing more. Just because we don't fully understand the physical world around us, doesn't mean that we can't harness it or manipulate it.

I don't have to prove the existence of the GOD of the Bible. It is enough that I believe it and act on it. On the other hand, you can't disprove HIS existence. "So the vast majority of what you have expressed here is just hypocritical and meaningless child-like spew." That actually sounds more like what is coming out of your mind rather than anything I said. More hypocritical attacks and spewing rather than actual discourse or debate. Show me what is hypocritical about anything I have written here or slither back into your hole. 😀

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Mar 08

Originally posted by timebombted
Your examples are not alive.
Your examples cannot reproduce.
Your examples components do not show a natural affinity to each other.

The type of analogy you have used is one of the worst to try and debunk evolution KJ.
Examples are not alive, so? Isn't it believed that early life came from
non-living material, big deal they are not alive.
Kelly

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
13 Mar 08

Originally posted by tnetcenter
Where you run into trouble, is when you start teaching theories as fact and refuse to accept the possiblity of alternate theories. Science is all about consesus. Scientific advance is all about challenging the consesus. Religion on the other hand is all about belief and faith, which is what science becomes when you start making theories out to be irrefutable facts.
Science is still just theories, eh? something tells me it is entirely possible that you indeed dearly lack the necessary critical thinking skillz to engage in a serious discusssion. The contradictions are exceedingly obvious. Silly ad hominems and circular logical meanderings aside, can you explain this statement to me. 🙄

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
13 Mar 08

It is enough that I believe it and act on it.
Explain the above nonsensical "mysterious" sentence fragment to me, just because you believe in Santa Claus or peter pan or magically pot-bellied inclined and over-fed leprechauns doesn't make it so. Pink Unicorn material.

Must be the good Xtian in you that feels it necessary to mount a series of childish personal attack in the name of your religion.

I don't have to prove the existence of the GOD of the Bible.

Because you can't. Irrelevant.

On the other hand, you can't disprove HIS existence.

True, but changes nothing.

"So the vast majority of what you have expressed here is...meaningless child-like spew." That actually sounds more like what is coming out of your mind rather than anything I said.

Irrelevant; ad hominem.

Show me what is hypocritical about anything I have written here or slither back into your hole.

Irrelevant, outright distortion, gutless ad hominem.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Mar 08

Science is still just theories, eh? something tells me it is entirely possible that you indeed dearly lack the necessary critical thinking skillz to engage in a serious discusssion. The contradictions are exceedingly obvious. Silly ad hominems and circular logical meanderings aside, can you explain this statement to me. 🙄
You cannot read his statement and understand it?
Kelly

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
13 Mar 08

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
Do me a favor then, and translate and/or give your "interpretation" of this paragraph and/or ad hoc collection of statements. They seem more or less devoid of any real meaning or fantastic insight, mostly just tired and irrelevant over-generalizations, just so much troublesome blather, for my money.

For example first s/he discredits science as being so much theory on a stick, and then seeks to re-define his problem child as being "all about consensus" which is basically a nonsensical statement. And this magical and "hypocritical" crossing of a line between science and belief is also just plain silly. 😳 Conflict is not resolved here, in fact honestly it is just made worse, as i have said before i consider this irrelevant mish-mosh to be so much contradictory and just plain hypocritical nonsense.

"Where you run into trouble, is when you start teaching theories as fact and refuse to accept the possiblity of alternate theories.
Science is all about consesus.
Scientific advance is all about challenging the consesus.
Religion on the other hand is all about belief and faith,
which is what science becomes when you start making theories out to be irrefutable facts."

t

Moves
13 Mar 08
1 edit

Kelly
Kelly,

He can read it and understand it, but by doing so he acknowledges the quicksand he's trying to stand on.

He won't engage in the dialog because to do so will destroy his position.

He's already admitted that he can't disprove the existence of GOD. His position is that I should have to prove it. Before I made the statement of my belief in GOD, he was attacking not what I said, but who I am and my thinking ability, etc. all without knowing a single thing about me other than the fact that I must like to play chess.

He's been pissed off since Nov. of 2004 at christians (possibly even before that), but that is when he started attacking christians on the forums here (and everybody else from what I can tell). In the year and a half prior to that time he posted a total of 2 messages to the forums here.

In any other forum, he'd be classified as a troll and written off. It's sad actually. Jesus wants us to spread the good news of his sacrifice on the cross for our sins, to acknowledge those sins, repent of them and invite HIM into our lives. But it still remains a choice that every person needs to make.

Eldragonfly is a bitter, overeducated, flaming liberal with nothing better to do than to bash christians for believing in GOD.

Fly -- GOD can fill that gaping hole in your soul, all you have to do is invite HIM in.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
14 Mar 08

Better to talk about the "holes" in your illogical and biased commentary than to discuss anything else. The problem is on your end.

You have waved the white flag... content with being nothing save a superfluous nobody, totally incapable of forming a rational thought... totally unaware of what really transpears in the real world.

There is nothing to read and understand, i thought the task too tough, your meandering commentary was just so much useless fill coupled with some good old fashioned sugar coated religious bigotry. 🙂

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
14 Mar 08
1 edit

Kelly,

He can read it and understand it, but by doing so he acknowledges the quicksand he's trying to stand on.

He won't engage in the dialog because to do so will destroy his position.

He's already admitted that he can't disprove the existence of GOD. His position is that I should have to prove it. Before I made the statement of my belief in G Fly -- GOD can fill that gaping hole in your soul, all you have to do is invite HIM in.
i acknowledge nothing except that perhaps you are not functionally literate and/or incapable of independent thought, a moral coward by any reliable measure. Irrelevant and gutless ad hominems make up the rest of your sorry sorry spectacle of pc and small-mindedness, of half truth and lies, of dull commentary and ridiculuous propostions. But you are foolhardy enough to call this truth. Must be the Xtian in you my man. I pity your incorageous and spiteful behavior, hope you're not this disinclined in the real world. 😉

t

Australia

Moves
14 Mar 08

Kelly
So..... your original point stated an evolving process, no-one is confusing evolution with abiogenesis apart from yourself. I was continuing with the evolution theme you initiated, and showed how pointless your analogy was.

Your analogy is a common tactic religious people use to try and make the TOE look less plausible, next you'll be given us the "hurricane in a junkyard could create a 747" or something equally pathetic.

Congratulations for not thinking.

t

Australia

Moves
14 Mar 08

Kelly
.....clearly ignoring the other points which equally show the inaccuracy of your analogy.

t

Moves
14 Mar 08

i acknowledge nothing except that perhaps you are not functionally literate .... incapable of independent thought, a moral coward....... Irrelevant and gutless ad hominems make up the rest of your sorry sorry spectacle of pc and small-mindedness, of half truth and lies, of dull commentary and ridiculuous propostions. But you are foolhardy enough to call ...[text shortened]... your incorageous and spiteful behavior, hope you're not this disinclined in the real world. 😉
"a moral coward" "half truth and lies" "ridiculuous propostions" "spectacle of pc and small-mindedness"

Wow! Now there's some intelligent debatin' goin on yall.

PC? That's about the last thing I EVER figured anybody would accuse me of!

Fly -- you're pathetic, but I love you man! So does GOD!

Let me know when you want to engage in intelligent conversation, don't worry, I won't hold my breath! 🙄

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
14 Mar 08

*whistles loudly*

Whoa!

Just some more imcompetent commentary, your vacuous remarks once again aren't prove of anything, other than you must be incapable of forming a simple thought without the help of your fairy tale supernatural divine entity. Boring! 🙄

Your dull bigotted comments, belong in the toilet along with your metaphysical insights. but thanks for the "patriotic" self-important drivel, i knew you weren't up to the task.

your selfishness and ignorance is truly amazing, you are living in the material world.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
14 Mar 08

PC? That's about the last thing...
It's a word look it up.

t

Moves
15 Mar 08

It's a word look it up.
Sorry but it's not a word, it's an abbreviation.

Which definition would you like to use?

Peace Corp?
printed circuit?
or how about professional corporation?
Then there's Progressive Conservative - I kinda like the sound of that one but, fortunately I'm not Canadian.
There's Privy Council, but of course you meant Politically Correct.
Unfortunately for you, NONE of those apply to me. I'm about as far from "PC" as someone can get.
But it does show the lack of insight on your part. The glaring inability to produce anything but vicious biting sarcasm. The overwhelming lack of a fundamental position to debate causes you counter with attacks rather than reasoned logic.

It's pitiful! But don't worry, at least someone is praying for you. GOD loves you Fly and he doesn't want you to burn in hell!