1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 02:47
    ...than raising children. America is retarded in that regard. We require you prove your ability to drive a car. But hey, pop out kids and no state or federal requirements must you meet first.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 03:00
    Western Society in general is retarded when it comes to families.

If we lived in a proper society there would be the understanding that sex produces babies so don't have sex until you are able to raise your kids.

Modern society rejects this basic truth and tells people to butcher the inconvenient life that is the result of your irresponsibility.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 04:03
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If we lived in a proper society there would be the understanding that sex produces babies so don't have sex until you are able to raise your kids.
    Ever heard of condoms? Birth control?

It's actually pretty easy to have sex without making babies.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 04:05
    Originally posted by apathist
    ...than raising children. America is retarded in that regard. We require you prove your ability to drive a car. But hey, pop out kids and no state or federal requirements must you meet first.
    So, what regulations would you suggest the state adopt in this regard?

How do you propose to enforce any such regulations?

You are fighting a basic biological imperative. Good luck! You'll need it.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 06:21
    Its interesting that the poorest people typically have the most kids. This is in part a case of them not believing that they have anything else to look forward to. Richer people see just how expensive kids can be and choose money over kids. In very poor societies, kids actually generate wealth and are a form of retirement security too.

As for the idea of setting minimum standards, the fact is that good parents are few and far between, so you might end up with very few children being born and a major population crisis on your hands.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 11:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its interesting that the poorest people typically have the most kids. This is in part a case of them not believing that they have anything else to look forward to. Richer people see just how expensive kids can be and choose money over kids. In very poor societies, kids actually generate wealth and are a form of retirement security too.

As for the idea ...[text shortened]... you might end up with very few children being born and a major population crisis on your hands.
    The connection is that people who are uneducated have more kids. And that those who are poor are often uneducated.

Another reason why Bernie's plan for tuition-free schooling is an idea whose time has come.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 11:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The connection is that people who are uneducated have more kids. And that those who are poor are often uneducated.

Another reason why Bernie's plan for tuition-free schooling is an idea whose time has come.
    Its not just education. Availability of child healthcare is a big factor. In third world countries, the number of children people have is strongly correlated to child mortality.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 11:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its not just education. Availability of child healthcare is a big factor. In third world countries, the number of children people have is strongly correlated to child mortality.
    Another strong point.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 13:10
    I don't know about you but when I was 14 my mom started teaching me to drive and I also took drivers ed in HS. I got my licence at 15 1/2 like every other kid in California, a learners permit which I was allowed to drive as long as a licenced driver was in the car and then at 16 got a full licence. Never had an accident in California.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 14:29
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Ever heard of condoms? Birth control?

It's actually pretty easy to have sex without making babies.
    Are those measures 100 percent effective?
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 14:33
    Are those measures 100 percent effective?
    Close enough.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 15:19
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Close enough.
    Close enough so that not too many babies get butchered?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 18:011 edit
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/world/article24566695.html

On a continent where fewer than one in five married women use modern contraception, promoting birth control faces a host of obstacles — patriarchal customs, religious taboos, ill-equipped public health systems — but experts also blame a powerful, more distant force: the U.S. government. Under President Bush, the United States withdrew from its decades-long role as a global leader in supporting family planning, even for married women.

Unquote

However, some hold the view that providing birth control to a targeted population is akin to genocide.

It is easily politicized.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 18:18
    I think that genocide is when humans are being butchered legally simply because of they haven't been born yet. Even when tney have a heart beat and can feel pain they are being butchered with the government's blessing.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 19:08
    Close enough so that not too many babies get butchered?
    Yep. There would be virtually no abortions nor abortion issue debate if preventative measures were used. Everyone wins.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree