The worst thing ever.

The worst thing ever.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
04 Mar 07
1 edit

Well, now is your oppurtunity to complain and whine. What is the worst thing ever? Is it death, illness, being poor, paying taxes, loosing a game of chess to someone ranked well below you who you are destroying slowly but then realize you have been timed out because you did not move fast enough? What's your beef?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by whodey
What is the worst thing ever?
I think I know this one. Is it the Devil?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
04 Mar 07

Suffering.

w

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I think I know this one. Is it the Devil?
You tell me.

w

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Suffering.
So suffering is ranked higher than death?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
04 Mar 07

Absolutely. Death in itself is not necessarily bad at all.

c

Moves
05 Mar 07

Quite an interesting coincidence that I see this question on here.

My niece--she's 22 years old--was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer on her her cheek. This was about a year ago. She went to the out-patient section of the general hospital, was given some anti-biotics. After several weeks on numerous anti-biotics, they sent her to the dental department, where the dentist told her that she must be sufferring from some sort of infection because her molar tooth was about to emerge from her gum. More medicines followed and that too didn't help. Then more tests. Finally, they found out it was some tumor.

A surgery was scheduled and soon they took out the forsaken tumor from her face. They took about 6 hours to remove almost the entire left cheek. Then another 5 hours to cut off a patch of her abdominal flesh to patch up that face. Three days later, they found that that abdominal flesh was dying. So she went in for another surgery. This time they cut off some flesh from her inner thigh. That too didn't work. So she went in for a third surgery. This time, the doctors took some flesh from her left breast. It worked!

And she after that, she took about 3 months to recover. She had no more control of her left face since most of her muscles there were gone together with the tumor. Once a beautiful girl, she's reduced to an disfigured young woman. More was to come. Radioteraphy (40 sessions); councelling sessions; even chemos. What a long road.....

Then last December, her left eye began to swell. After many tests, it was found to be the same cancer coming back again. This time the doctors couldn't touch it. The cancer was found to have encroached into her brain. They had to tell the bad news that my niece probably had about a year at best to live. Well, they're wrong. Last Friday, my niece collapsed. The cancer had overwhelmed that part of her brain. She has now lost control of the right side of her body. She's hooked on the several machines in the intensive unit. As of yesterday, she has lost all senses from neck down. The doctors had to use some sort of suction equipment to remove mucous from her throat every 15 mins intervals (she can't swallow). The latest estimate: she won't be able to see this weekend. My sister isn't giving up hope. She won't detach all those equipment. And my niece's last request was to detach them (this was just the previous week before she collapsed).

Sometimes, death is a much better option than sufferring...

E

Moves
05 Mar 07

why do you think there is suicide?

V

Earth

Moves
05 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ckoh1965
Quite an interesting coincidence that I see this question on here.

My niece--she's 22 years old--was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer on her her cheek. This was about a year ago. She went to the out-patient section of the general hospital, was given some anti-biotics. After several weeks on numerous anti-biotics, they sent her to the dental depart efore she collapsed).

Sometimes, death is a much better option than sufferring...
That is a sad story. I am sorry to hear about it. My prayers are with her and the rest of your family.

You know, it is at times like this that believing in God and an after life is very helpful. If you are an atheist, then somethig like this can be far more devastating. But when you think that she will probably live on in a far better place after death, it beomes less severe.

For this reason, it is better to believe in God. If there is no God, you have at least lived an easier, happer life. And if there is a God, then that is icing on the cake. It is a win win situation.

c

Moves
05 Mar 07

Originally posted by Varqa
That is a sad story. I am sorry to hear about it. My prayers are with her and the rest of your family.

You know, it is at times like this that believing in God and an after life is very helpful. If you are an atheist, then somethig like this can be far more devastating. But when you think that she will probably live on in a far better place after death, it ...[text shortened]... , happer life. And if there is a God, then that is icing on the cake. It is a win win situation.
Unfortunately, I don't believe in any religion. My sister converted to Islam over 20 years ago. She is a strong believer. We're all supporting her emotionally. Let me tell you that she is not feeling any happier now; far from it. She is very angry at god right now. She feels that she has been cheated of the child she loves the most (she has 3 younger ones). Maybe when all this is over, she will reassess this supposedly good thing about believing in god. Right now she is too tired of praying.

V

Earth

Moves
05 Mar 07

Unfortunately, I don't believe in any religion. My sister converted to Islam over 20 years ago. She is a strong believer. We're all supporting her emotionally. Let me tell you that she is not feeling any happier now; far from it. She is very angry at god right now. She feels that she has been cheated of the child she loves the most (she has 3 younger ones). ...[text shortened]... sess this supposedly good thing about believing in god. Right now she is too tired of praying.
It is natural for her to be angry at God, but even that is a positive, for whom could she curse if she did not have God? This way she can vent her anger and I am sure se will calm down and turn to him again.

c

Moves
05 Mar 07

It is natural for her to be angry at God, but even that is a positive, for whom could she curse if she did not have God? This way she can vent her anger and I am sure se will calm down and turn to him again.
Well, I understand a mother's instinct of not wanting to let go. But we all know that her daughter has gone through enough pain. My sister is fighting a losing battle. Prolonging the pain will not do any good. Oh how my heart breaks to see my niece like that; but it is even more painful to see what my sister is going through.

If god really is loving and if for any reason he has to take my niece's life, why must he make her suffer like that? How much longer will he torture my sister and her daughter? I hope it will end soon.

a

Moves
05 Mar 07

Well, I understand a mother's instinct of not wanting to let go. But we all know that her daughter has gone through enough pain. My sister is fighting a losing battle. Prolonging the pain will not do any good. Oh how my heart breaks to see my niece like that; but it is even more painful to see what my sister is going through.

If god really is loving and ...[text shortened]... ike that? How much longer will he torture my sister and her daughter? I hope it will end soon.
I'm sorry for your niece and your sister. I will pray for them.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Mar 07

Well, now is your oppurtunity to complain and whine. What is the worst thing ever? Is it death, illness, being poor, paying taxes, loosing a game of chess to someone ranked well below you who you are destroying slowly but then realize you have been timed out because you did not move fast enough? What's your beef?
Neglected opportunities, where I could have done something important, but didn’t for no good reason.
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Mar 07

You know, it is at times like this that believing in God and an after life is very helpful. If you are an atheist, then somethig like this can be far more devastating. But when you think that she will probably live on in a far better place after death, it ...[text shortened]... , happer life. And if there is a God, then that is icing on the cake. It is a win win situation.
Pascal's Wager again. This bit of logical fallacy has been torn to pieces many times, but keeps re-appearing in the minds of the irrational.