The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race

The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
27 Sep 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
Scandinavian culture/civilisation is pretty similar and uniform, (from this perspective)
But lets go with Sweden for now.

I am not going to look up all the stats, and I am not claiming Sweden as some kind of perfect utopia,
But it does solve most (and more than anyone else) of the issues outlined in the "worst mistake" article.
Here is a hint of wh ...[text shortened]... again in the future they just need to look it up, this is the beauty of extelligence.
Our knowledge accumulates from generation to generation, but wisdom has to be continually relearned. Therein lies our problem.

Moves
27 Sep 11

Originally posted by rwingett
Your life is miserable. You just don't realize it.
lol, I am sorry but it really isn't,
I am starting to feel sorry for you though.

While I won't claim my life to be in any way perfect, there is plenty that could be better.
Viewed from almost any other point in history my life (and most peoples) is pretty fantastic.

Neither I, nor my life, is miserable.

I would appreciate you not trying to claim otherwise about something you know nothing about.

And do try to cheer up a bit, the end is not quite as nigh as you think ;-)

s

Moves
28 Sep 11

Our knowledge accumulates from generation to generation, but wisdom has to be continually relearned. Therein lies our problem.
Well written.

Not to split hairs or to get on definitions,... I had thought that knowledge is different from wisdom.

s

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Just a little tired and ....shortened.... time to take my wife to her radiation
treatments.
I am sorry to hear about her illness.
How is she today?

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by shahenshah
Well written.

Not to split hairs or to get on definitions,... I had thought that knowledge is different from wisdom.
Knowledge and wisdom are different...

This doesn't mean that individually or as a society we can't accrue both.

And it is possible to teach both.

Although any given individuals ability to absorb and use knowledge
and to absorb and use wisdom may not be equal.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by shahenshah
I am sorry to hear about her illness.
How is she today?
She is doing okay. She does not think she is going to die real soon
anymore.

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
She is doing okay. She does not think she is going to die real soon
anymore.
The day that we finally abolish the scourge that is cancer... That will be a great day.

I wish both you and your wife the best in dealing with this.

I may disagree with you about a lot, but no one should have to suffer cancer, or see
someone they love suffer with it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
The day that we finally abolish the scourge that is cancer... That will be a great day.

I wish both you and your wife the best in dealing with this.

I may disagree with you about a lot, but no one should have to suffer cancer, or see
someone they love suffer with it.
Thank you for your concern. Lucky for us we have a Cancer Center nearby
at the Medical College of Georgia. They have come a long way in fighting
cancer.

For me, it is fun to discuss disagreements as long as the discussion don't
get to stupid. I have had a lot of laughs on this forum. Please don't get
offended if I call you ignorant. I have said worst than that to others.
Sometimes it is in a joking way; but other times it is an attempt to wake
them up when I make comments about "the head being in the rear end."
It is all part of my way of debating, since I have never taken any debating
classes.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Oct 11
1 edit

http://anthropology.lbcc.edu/handoutsdocs/mistake.pdf

This is a five page article by Jared Diamond, author of books such as [b]Guns, Germs, and Steel
, and Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed, which some of you may be familiar with. In it he puts forward the theory that agriculture was the worst mistake in the history of th ...[text shortened]... to hear it from someone a little more conversant with the facts than I. Anyway, I recommend it.[/b]
It may be the worse mistake in human history but what is the point of dissing those dudes now? Isn't it about 10,000 years too late? It's not like we can go back, realize our mistake and just ask 6 1/2 billion people to commit harry carry now, can we?

That might happen anyway.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ok, thanx so much, lets play!
I looked at one of your games with RJ, you had a free bishop but resigned? What's up with that, what big combo is hidden in there?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I looked at one of your games with RJ, you had a free bishop but resigned? What's up with that, what big combo is hidden in there?
After my next move his Queen would be attacked and any place he
moved, it would be doomed.

P.S. 17...,Ba6

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Oct 11

http://anthropology.lbcc.edu/handoutsdocs/mistake.pdf

This is a five page article by Jared Diamond, author of books such as [b]Guns, Germs, and Steel
, and Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed, which some of you may be familiar with. In it he puts forward the theory that agriculture was the worst mistake in the history of th ...[text shortened]... to hear it from someone a little more conversant with the facts than I. Anyway, I recommend it.[/b]
Everyone should be a farmer. In fact, everyone should own a piece of land and make his own living.

Those who refuse to work can starve.

Of all the things I've done, farming was the most interesting and rewarding. It got so that I could work 24/7/365.

If everyone was a farmer, no one would have time to make trouble for his neighbor.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 Oct 11

Originally posted by josephw
Those who refuse to work can starve.
Who would Jesus let starve?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 Oct 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
It may be the worse mistake in human history but what is the point of dissing those dudes now? Isn't it about 10,000 years too late? It's not like we can go back, realize our mistake and just ask 6 1/2 billion people to commit harry carry now, can we?

That might happen anyway.
If everyone quit having kids then the human race would be extinct within one generation. No need for anyone to kill themselves. That's not really necessary, though. It would be sufficient for people to have far fewer children and have the population drop a billion or two over time.

So, no, we can't go back, but we can realize the mistakes we've made and try to mitigate their effects.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Oct 11

Who would Jesus let starve?
Anyone who refused to work.

Imagine a world where everyone was taught how to farm/garden and was given a piece of land.