The words of Jesus

The words of Jesus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 18

'Why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?'

Somebody, please help ThinkOfOne out. He's really struggling to answer the above question. (Or indeed any question about what he actually believes).

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
'Why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?'

Somebody, please help ThinkOfOne out. He's really struggling to answer the above question. (Or indeed any question about what he actually believes).
Of course it could be that GoaD makes assumptions that aren't rooted in fact.

Somebody, please help GoaD out. He's really struggling to be able to make a distinction between what he thinks and what is.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone

Somebody, please help GoaD out. He's really struggling to be able to make a distinction between what he thinks and what is.
What is the “good news” that you frequently mention?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 18
1 edit

He's really struggling to answer the above question. (Or indeed any question about what he actually believes).
It’s very easy to keep raising the stakes on your opponents hand while not having the courage to call it on your own hand.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 18

Good God man, clarify your position!

Why call on others to explain your own ambiguous approach to the Bible?

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
What is the “good news” that you frequently mention?
After you so thoroughly embarrassed yourself in the "Red Letter Christians" thread, does it really behoove you to extend it to every thread I post on?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 18

It’s very easy to keep raising the stakes on your opponents hand while not having the courage to call it on your own hand.
I recall Dasa took a very similar approach and almost had kittens when I shone the light on his own religious writings.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 18

Good God man, clarify your position!

Why call on others to explain your own ambiguous approach to the Bible?
ToO has been playing this tactic for as long as I can remember; distil your POV down to a select section of the bible (here the words of Jesus) and then bash Christians round the head for being hypocrites while not letting on what you believe yourself so you don’t have to defend it.

It’s about time he was called out over it and it’s obvious from his hemming and hawing, his refusal to answer reasonable spot on topic questions about his beliefs that it is making him uncomfortable.

He is probably an ex Christian, ex theist, or atheist with a game plan and he plays it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 18

After you so thoroughly embarrassed yourself in the "Red Letter Christians" thread, does it really behoove you to extend it to every thread I post on?
Just answer the questions I’m asking.

Farting in the elevator and looking accusingly at me won’t work sonshine.

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

Just answer the questions I’m asking.

Farting in the elevator and looking accusingly at me won’t work sonshine.
Anyone interested in understanding your current behavior need only read our discussion on the "Red Letter Christians" thread. It's quite immature of you to irrationally lash out at me when it was you who so thoroughly embarrassed yourself.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 18

Anyone interested in understanding your current behavior need only read our discussion on the "Red Letter Christians" thread. It's quite immature of you to irrationally lash out at me when it was you who so thoroughly embarrassed yourself.
Yes, yes, but:

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 18
1 edit

Here are the questions:

What is the the “good news” you repeatedly mention in your posts?

Why is it unfortunate that Christians don’t heed all the words of Jesus, what are the consequences?

7 times of asking.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 18
1 edit

Are you a theist, atheist, agnostic?

Not an unreasonable question on a spiritually forum board.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 18

Here are the questions:

What is the the “good news” you repeatedly mention in your posts?

Why is it unfortunate that Christians don’t heed all the words of Jesus, what are the consequences?

7 times of asking.
Would you mind if we added:

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 18

Yes and this one...