1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 17:121 edit
    @Rajk999

All mankind will be judged the same :

.. the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.
    (Romans 2:4-11 KJV)

EVERY man, who does good, gets rewarded with immortality and eternal life

This is an interesting passage which conceivably seems to argue for justification through works of the law. But it is clear to me that all things considered it should not be taken that Paul's extensive proceeding explanations of Justification By Faith are null and void.

I think he does mean here that only through the Christ he is about to embark on explaining, can we seek the increase, gain, growth of eternal life.

But before I talk more about that, here is Jesus in the Gospels explaining that His followers redeemed forever still may undergo reward of discipline.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 17:131 edit
    Compare Luke 12:48 with 1 Cor. 3:16,17

Out of the mouth of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke:

"And the slave who knew his master's will and did not prepare or do according to his will, will receive many lashes.

But he who did not knw, yet did things worthy of stripes, will receive few lashes. But to everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required from him; and to whom much has been committed, they will ask of him all the more." (Luke 12:47,48)

It is not a matter of NO LASHES verses ETERNAL LASHES.
    It is a matter of heavy discipline with lashes verses lighter discipline with lashes.

If he is not a believer he cannot be the servant or slave of the Lord the master.
    The fact that he is a servant proves that he belongs to the Lord, the master.

Belonging to the master there is the possibility of being disciplined to one degree or another degree.

How about reward to one who belongs to the Master the Lord Jesus? That is in Matthew 5:19.

"Therefore whoever annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of the heavens, but whoever practices and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens." (Matt. 5:19)

One servant is held to lesser honor though he is in the kingdom of the heavens.
    Another servant is held to greater honor as he is in the kingdom of the heavens.

Luke 12 shows two eternally saved being disciplined to different degrees.
    Matthew 5 shows two eternally saved being honored to different degrees.

Compare this now with Paul's teaching in First Corinthians 3:16,17.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 18:511 edit
    @sonship said

Luke 12 shows two eternally saved being disciplined to different degrees.
    Matthew 5 shows two eternally saved being honored to different degrees.
    More misinformation, misquoting and adding to the bible, and this is how I know you are a deceitful crook and your doctrine is horse$$hitt.

There is no "eternally saved" expression in the bible.

You repeatedly insert your own false doctrine into the words of Christ to make readers think this is what the bible is saying. You are not after the truth. Your aim is to destroy the true doctrine of Christ and replace it with your Satanic doctrine of lies.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 19:03
    @sonship said

But before I talk more about that, here is Jesus in the Gospels explaining that His followers redeemed forever still may undergo reward of discipline.
    More lies and misinformation. Nowhere in the bible Jesus says this

His followers redeemed forever still may undergo reward of discipline.

This is you adding in your bits of lies to change the meaning.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 20:041 edit
    @Rajk999
    This sentence contained a typographical error that I should have caught.

That was my fault for writing "reward of discipline".

It should have been "reward OR discipline".

Excuse the sloppy typo.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 20:07
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

That was my fault for writing "reward of discipline".

It should have been "reward OR discipline".

Excuse the sloppy typo.
    Moron, you are writing words and expressions not used in the bible to mislead readers

Redeemed forever
    Eternally Saved

are not in the bible. You put in that to brain wash the reader into thinking that the person cannot be cast out of the Kingdom of God when the very same passage is saying exactly that... you are crook.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 20:14
    @rajk999 said
    Moron
    Is @sonship not your neighbor?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 20:521 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Is @sonship not your neighbor?
    No. Sonship condemns the teachings of Christ by referring to these in the most negative way, He calls these teachings Pharisaical, legalistic and works saltation [all of which in his Christian church are insults]

Sonship and I are polar opposites.
    I believe, teach Christ and His teachings.
    He does not.

Sonship is what Paul called an enemy of the cross.
    These are people who promote sin and evil.
    He does that in subtle ways eg by telling people good works are not required.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 21:133 edits
    @rajk999 said
    No. Sonship condemns the teachings of Christ by referring to these in the most negative way, He calls these teachings Pharisaical, legalistic and works saltation [all of which in his Christian church are insults]

Sonship and I are polar opposites.
    I believe, teach Christ and His teachings.
    He does not.

Sonship is what Paul called an enemy of the cross.
    These are peo ...[text shortened]... promote sin and evil.
    He does that in subtle ways eg by telling people good works are not required.
    But @Sonship is correct: good works are not required, depending on what we mean by "good works".

Willing and trusting subsidence or relaxation into Christ and allowing the transformation by the Holy Spirit are the foundation. That inner and continuing choice is the primary and central "good work" -- as a side-effect of which other "good works" might follow (let's hope!), including decisions not to do anything or to stay out of a situation when intervention might be the wrong thing to do.

"Good works" in some cases might be the ego-driven activities of busybodies who have not done the foundational work and who are guided only by their own limited perspectives.

Also, to say that "good works" are not required is not the same as to say they are prohibited.

In summary, I believe you might have misunderstood or are mischaracterizing the message that @Sonship wishes to present.

May I ask: Does the Light of Christ fill your head, and does the welcoming warmth of Christ fill your heart?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 21:301 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    But @Sonship is correct: good works are not required, depending on what we mean by "good works".
    heart?
    Jesus is correct, Sonship, you, me, Paul or anyone else who preaches contrary to Jesus is wrong. Jesus said good works are required, and necessary for eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Jesus defined what good works were about. He did not leave us to guess what it was. So dont try to guess. You are guessing.

Let me know if you want the references.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 21:311 edit
    @kevin-eleven said

In summary, I believe you might have misunderstood or are mischaracterizing the message that @Sonship wishes to present.
    I used to think that I might have been doing that many years ago, but over the years I am certain that I got his message and beliefs clearly.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 21:35
    @kevin-eleven said

May I ask: Does the Light of Christ fill your head, and does the welcoming warmth of Christ fill your heart?
    I dont discuss peoples personal feelings, activities, convictions. These things are between them and God. Also if this becomes the focus then doctrine falls by the wayside. These things have no bearing on the preaching of the doctrine of Christ.

My focus is getting the doctrine of Christ clear and understood. Nothing else. My reason is that typical Christianity has cast aside the the doctrine of Christ and instead substituted a watered down version of the doctrine preached by Paul. This wrong and the road to damnation.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 21:54
    @rajk999 said
    I dont discuss peoples personal feelings, activities, convictions. These things are between them and God. Also if this becomes the focus then doctrine falls by the wayside. These things have no bearing on the preaching of the doctrine of Christ.

My focus is getting the doctrine of Christ clear and understood. Nothing else. My reason is that typical Christianity has cast a ...[text shortened]... tuted a watered down version of the doctrine preached by Paul. This wrong and the road to damnation.
    I would suggest that in your case, the "doctrine of Christ" is your convenient and comfortable obstruction from actually being and living in Christ.

To quibble over doctrines is easy. To let go of quibbling and relax into Christ can be, for some, more difficult. Apparently.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 22:051 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    I would suggest that in your case, the "doctrine of Christ" is your convenient and comfortable obstruction from actually being and living in Christ.

To quibble over doctrines is easy. To let go of quibbling and relax into Christ can be, for some, more difficult. Apparently.
    Well there you go. That is a personal comment about me. I dont do that. I do not discuss me, you or anyone else. My personal life in Christ is just that. People can live their lives in Christ as they please. If I comment on that ... THAT IS JUDGING. Im not going there. Christ will judge peoples lives and how they live.

I discuss the doctrine of Christ and any bible matter you care to bring up. Nothing else.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jun '21 22:14
    @rajk999 said
    Well there you go. That is a personal comment about me. I dont do that. I do not discuss me, you or anyone else. My personal life in Christ is just that. People can live their lives in Christ as they please. If I comment on that ... THAT IS JUDGING. Im not going there. Christ will judge peoples lives and how they live.

I discuss the doctrine of Christ and any bible matter you care to bring up. Nothing else.
    Your posting history speaks for itself, but let's not get mired in the brambles of pettiness when there is so much else to be appreciated. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree