The tortoise and the hare

The tortoise and the hare

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
21 Feb 18
4 edits

Interestingly a parallel can be drawn between this fable and Christianity.

The vast majority of Christians have been led to believe that they have been given a "Golden Ticket". As such they arrogantly believe that they have done everything required for "eternal life" / "the Kingdom of God". As such the never truly seek the "Kingdom of God"

Those who are followers of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry understand that they first must humbly gain knowledge and an understanding of the "Kingdom of God" which are contained in the gospel preached by Jesus. Jesus emphasizes this in "The Parable of the Sower". "The Parable of the Talents", His explanation of why He teaches in parables, etc. Only then can they truly believe, follow, keep and abide in His word. Only then can they have "eternal life" and live in "the Kingdom of God".

"Whoever has ears, let him hear"

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone

The vast majority of Christians believe that they have the "Golden Ticket". As such they arrogantly believe that they have done everything required for "eternal life" / "the Kingdom of God". As such the never truly seek the "Kingdom of God"

Those who are followers of the gos ...[text shortened]... n they have "eternal life" and live in "the Kingdom of God".

and when you work smart, you sleep soundly, your meals are delicious and the universe wants to please you 🙂

T

Moves
21 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
and when you work smart, you sleep soundly, your meals are delicious and the universe wants to please you 🙂
Matthew 6
33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Feb 18
4 edits

Matthew 6
33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
ITs nothing without step 1 ie. righteousness , the right knowledge

T

Moves
21 Feb 18

ITs nothing without step 1 ie. righteousness , the right knowledge
Indeed. Abiding in righteousness IS living in the "Kingdom.of God"

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 18
1 edit

The hare sets of quick, he dashes here , he dashes there, he finds information,etc.

The tortoise walks slowly where he needs to and wins. Why? Because the tortoise knew where to go.
No, in the fable the tortoise won because the hare was complacent.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 18

the tortoise knew to work smarter, not harder. He also knew the answers were simple 🙂
Have you read the fable?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 18

The vast majority of Christians have been led to believe that they have been given a "Golden Ticket". As such they arrogantly believe that they have done everything required for "eternal life" / "the Kingdom of God". As such the never truly seek the "Kingdom of God"

Those wh ...[text shortened]... n they have "eternal life" and live in "the Kingdom of God".

Have you decided what the “good news” is that you have been posting about?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 18

Indeed. Abiding in righteousness IS living in the "Kingdom.of God"
But what is “righteousness”?
Who sets the standard today?
What does it matter if I don’t achieve it?

T

Moves
21 Feb 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
Have you decided what the “good news” is that you have been posting about?
Years ago. Read and comprehend my posts. Better yet, read and comprehend the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

T

Moves
21 Feb 18

But what is “righteousness”?
Read and comprehend my posts. Better yet, read and comprehend the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 18

Years ago. Read and comprehend my posts. Better yet, read and comprehend the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
You didn’t reply to any of the 8 times I asked you and this is the 9th.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 18

Read and comprehend my posts. Better yet, read and comprehend the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
No I’m asking you;

What is “righteousness”?

Surely you have beliefs associated with these questions, you pontificate enough about it.

T

Moves
21 Feb 18
1 edit

No I’m asking you;

What is “righteousness”?

Surely you have beliefs associated with these questions, you pontificate enough about it.

Exactly. Read and comprehend my posts. Better yet, read and comprehend the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 18
1 edit

Better yet, read and comprehend the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
What are the consequences of me not following all the words of Jesus?

What is the gospel, this good news you keep on about?