The self-confidence of thiests

The self-confidence of thiests

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
And the entire body of theoretical physics is in agreement with itself?
yes, and that makes them much more probable to be right than you.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
And the entire body of theoretical physics is in agreement with itself?
Pretty much, especially the part which deals with time (relativity / Minkowski space-time).

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Pretty much, especially the part which deals with time (relativity / Minkowski space-time).
Ok , I'm up for this. Explain how these concepts conflict with my ideas.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have noticed that whenever a question tto do with religion is raised, there are a number of theists quite ready to give a highly comprehensive answer with extreme confidence. Theists often sound extemely sure of themselves, even when what they are saying disagrees with all the other theists who are saying something different with equal confidence.
In a ...[text shortened]... ent occasions yet sound equally confident both times.

Why are theists so sure of themeselves?
Speaking for myself, it's because I know my maker.

There is one thing all theists can agree on. There is a creator. We disagree when, like all others, there is miscommunication of the truth.

S

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by josephw

There is one thing all theists can agree on. There is a creator. We disagree when, like all others, there is miscommunication of the truth.
Which one of you has the truth? I'd very much like to know, so as to avoid being lied to in the future.

Z

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by Starrman
Which one of you has the truth? I'd very much like to know, so as to avoid being lied to in the future.
there is no absolute truth. also there is no spoon but that is another matter

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by Starrman
God has all the truth. God doesn't lie. Why should He?

But seriously. If there is a God, and the Bible is His word, then I'm your go to man. There may be some arrogance in that, but what else can I say? You're undoubtedly smarter than me. Better educated and all, but do you know the truth?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
Yes there is. For example; relativism is a lie. There are no gray areas.

I gotta go now. I'll look in later.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jun 08

But seriously. If there is a God, and the Bible is His word, then I'm your go to man.
How does that work? Do you own the only "True" decoder ring?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
Are you absolutely sure about the truth that there is no absolute truth? LOL 🙄

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jun 08

You are avoiding the question.
I have no problem with you declaring with confidence "There is a God." What I find odd is when you claim with confidence to know intimate details about God and his plans, and yet you give a different set of details from every other equally confident theist.
For you to display such confidence one would think that:
1. You have evidence for your claims
or
2. The information has been communicated to you from a reliable source.
or
3. You are making it up and know it.
If 1 or 2, then you should be able to defend your claims to other theists to the degree that they would agree with you and if they also are using 1 or 2 then one of you has bad evidence or an unreliable source.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Jun 08

How does that work? Do you own the only "True" decoder ring?
Me and alot of others.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Jun 08

You are avoiding the question.
I have no problem with you declaring with confidence "There is a God." What I find odd is when you claim with confidence to know intimate details about God and his plans, and yet you give a different set of details from every other equally confident theist.
For you to display such confidence one would think that:
1. You h ...[text shortened]... ou and if they also are using 1 or 2 then one of you has bad evidence or an unreliable source.
"If 1 or 2, then you should be able to defend your claims to other theists to the degree that they would agree with you..."

That I can!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Jun 08

I have noticed that whenever a question tto do with religion is raised, there are a number of theists quite ready to give a highly comprehensive answer with extreme confidence. Theists often sound extemely sure of themselves, even when what they are saying disagrees with all the other theists who are saying something different with equal confidence.
In a ...[text shortened]... ent occasions yet sound equally confident both times.

Why are theists so sure of themeselves?
The power of copy paste!

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Jun 08

Me and alot of others.
But, more people don't agree with you than do. When it comes to religious, or even a-religious, ideas, we're ALL minorities.