The Schoolgirl The Nazis and The Purple Triangles

The Schoolgirl The Nazis and The Purple Triangles

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Alpha and Omega: To whom does this title properly belong?

(1) At Revelation 1:8, its owner is said to be God, the Almighty. In verse 11 according to KJV, that title is applied to one whose description thereafter shows him to be Jesus Christ. But scholars recognize the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 11 to be spurious, and so it does not app ...[text shortened]... conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.
The verse just before Revelation !:8 is as follows in the NKJV:

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Who do you say the Him refers to?

The Instructor

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The verse just before Revelation !:8 is as follows in the NKJV:

[b]Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Who do you say the Him refers to?

The Instructor[/b]
I have already given five lines of understanding, you may make reference to those.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
12 May 13

Let it be known that you have not provided a single Biblical reference where Jesus instructed others to worship him, no not a single iota. Thank you for establishing the fact that Christ never instructed anyone to worship him ever and that he always directed others to worship the Father exclusively.

Why you continue to make Christ an object of ...[text shortened]... nything other than the Father, as recorded in the sacred text and as directed by Christ himself.
I think at one point Jesus said all authority has been given to him so doesn't that count?

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
I think at one point Jesus said all authority has been given to him so doesn't that count?
count as what?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 13
1 edit

It was an attempt at humour, you were being handed over to Satan for misusing scriptures, R J Hinds for eating meat. loosen up dude, you are way too uptight.

I suspected that maybe it was ... humor.
Now I know.

Okay. I cannot erase my response now.
This really is not that much of a laughing matter.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
12 May 13

count as what?
Well doesn't the word of God claim that Jesus is God in the flesh?

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by sonship

It was an attempt at humour, you were being handed over to Satan for misusing scriptures, R J Hinds for eating meat. loosen up dude, you are way too uptight.

I suspected that maybe it was ... humor.
Now I know.

Okay. I cannot erase my response now.
This really is not that much of a laughing matter.
what is not?

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
Well doesn't the word of God claim that Jesus is God in the flesh?
where?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 13

Waste of time to repeat passages year after year to you.

rc

Moves
12 May 13
3 edits

indeed, for anyone can see that the Athanasian Creed is extra Biblical. A creed which you have adopted and promulgate as if it is Biblical. As I stated before, if you wish to make the Christ an object of idolatry then its your affair, but you cannot insist that others, who do not share that view in light of incontrovertible Biblical evidence to the contrary, should also engage in the practice. What is more to term them anti Christ and to be unfit as recipients of the Holy spirit is to be presumptuous.

What if you are wrong? What of Christ really is a created entity? With a beginning? the first born of all creation? subject to the father, neither co equal nor co eternal? and all this time you have been rendering sacred service to the creation, rather than the creator?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 13

There must be something about being a JW that causes them to get amnesia.

rc

Moves
12 May 13

There must be something about being a JW that causes them to get amnesia.
yeah its an aversion to Bull.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 13
1 edit

I have already given five lines of understanding, you may make reference to those.
That question from the Instructor must aheve been too hard for you. I will give you an easier one.

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man... And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.

Revelation 1:10-13, 17-19 NKJV)

In the above reference are you saying that some translations have the phrase “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last” while other translations omit "the Alpha and the Omega" portion in verse 11? But even if that is so, what difference does it make? What is the difference in meaning of saying "I am the Alpha and the Omega" and the meaning of "I am the first and the Last" as stated alone in verse 17?

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 13

yeah its an aversion to Bull.
Selective amnesia?

The Instructor

rc

Moves
12 May 13

That question from the Instructor must aheve been too hard for you. I will give you an easier one.

[b]I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesu ...[text shortened]... he meaning of "I am the first and the Last" as stated alone in verse 17?

The Instructor
I have already given five lines of reasoning, you may make reference to those.