1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 17:31
    @mchill said
    I was under the impression that logic is logic, no matter the source.

With all due respect, I'm not impressed with your impression. Human logic has its limitations, just as all humans do. God is limitless, using human logic to try to explain or understand God and/or his inspired word is futile.
    If I haven't impressed you, then I offer my warmest apology. However, I cannot say the same for you, because you do impress me. Likewise, with all due respect, you impress me as being a logical idiot. You cannot fathom biblical logic because scripture is anything but logical, literally.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 06:03
    @pettytalk said
    If I haven't impressed you, then I offer my warmest apology. However, I cannot say the same for you, because you do impress me. Likewise, with all due respect, you impress me as being a logical idiot. You cannot fathom biblical logic because scripture is anything but logical, literally.
    It seems that your opinion is that everyone who eventually realises that you’re a vacuous purveyor of waffly word salad… is an “idiot”.

Quite a coincidence.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 12:25
    @pettytalk said
    "You cannot fathom biblical logic because scripture is anything but logical, literally."

Illogical statement. Remarkably absurd. Patently false.

Lies and irrationality skew perceptions. Truth stands alone. Perceive and believe, or wallow in the dark.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 12:48
    @pettytalk said
    A real expert on reality made the following affirmation.

"The real world, was created by the real Jesus, who is the real Word of God, who entered into the real world He created, as the real incarnate Word of God made fully human."

The above affirmation begs questioning.

Question: In what world was Jesus/God living before creating the 'real' world into which he cam ...[text shortened]... eality and truth, there are myriad illusions and myriad lies.

Illusions = Lies as Reality = Truth
    Will the real Jesus please stand up?

He did, but not many recognized him. They still don't.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:06
    @josephw said
    Will the real Jesus please stand up?

He did, but not many recognized him. They still don't.
    How does a person recognise the “real Jesus”?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 10:47
    @divegeester said
    How does a person recognise the “real Jesus”?
    By the scriptures and the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 1:1-3
    ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

John 1:1-5
    ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    The same was in the beginning with God.
    All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

The central figure of scripture is Jesus Christ. By them we understand, know and recognize the "real Jesus."

Do you know of any other way?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 18:46
    @josephw said
    By the scriptures and the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 1:1-3
    ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding ...[text shortened]... Christ. By them we understand, know and recognize the "real Jesus."

Do you know of any other way?
    So what and whom are your referring to when you say people don’t recognise the real Jesus?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 20:42
    @divegeester said
    So what and whom are your referring to when you say people don’t recognise the real Jesus?
    How odd it is that you should ask.
    But then again, maybe not.
    And then again it depends on how you define "recognize".

When the instead-of-christ waltzes in, will you recognize him for who and what he is, or will you, like so many, believe the lie?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 04:45
    @josephw said
    How odd it is that you should ask.
    Why is it odd; you asserted something and I’m asking you specifically about what you said.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 04:46
    @josephw said
    And then again it depends on how you define "recognize".
    You’re the person who said that “people fail to recognise the real Jesus”, not me. So it is you who need to define “recognise”
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 04:48
    @josephw said
    When the instead-of-christ waltzes in, will you recognize him for who and what he is, or will you, like so many, believe the lie?
    Who is this person who will “waltz in”?
    “Waltz in” to where, when?
    What are you on about?

The Jesus I believe in is the one described in the Bible.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 05:28
    @divegeester said
    Who is this person who will “waltz in”?
    “Waltz in” to where, when?
    What are you on about?

I believe he is referring to the anti-Christ.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 12:31
    @divegeester said
    Why is it odd; you asserted something and I’m asking you specifically about what you said.
    You need to think for yourself. My "assertions" are clear. Not my fault you can't understand plain English, much less the scriptures.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 12:37
    @divegeester said
    That's what I've been saying, except you don't appear to know who that is, especially since, after cherry picking through the Bible to find what supports your preconceptions, you've discarded rest of what doesn't agree with you.

You're reduced to having only opinions, and nobody wants to debate over those.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 12:421 edit
    @moonbus said
    I believe he is referring to the anti-Christ.
    Seems obvious, yeah?

This is the 'FMF and divegeester' method of forum douchebaggery. Act like you have NO freaking idea what is being said. One wonders why he posts if he doesn't get it. The next step is to double-down on asking again and again and again and again and... what is being talked about. This is called 'acting as if the OP has no point.'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree