The mystery verse.

The mystery verse.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Apr 16

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/brdup/Brihadaranyaka_Upanishad.pdf

When I look at this Brihadaranyaka by swami krishnananda, I cannot find the verse 6.4.9.21.

Does the verse exists.

Can you find the verse and translation in swami krishnananda translations of Brihadaranyaka.

Apparently the verse posted last week which has caused trouble and strife ......cannot be found in the scripture it is suppose to belong to.

It won,t go away........but I want to resolve this.

Any ideas.

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by Dasa

When I look at this Brihadaranyaka by swami krishnananda, I cannot find the verse 6.4.9.21.

Does the verse exists.

Can you find the verse and translation in swami krishnananda translations of Brihadaranyaka.

Apparently the verse posted last week which has caused trouble and str ...[text shortened]... it is suppose to belong to.

It won,t go away........but I want to resolve this.

Any ideas.
If you can't find it and you don't know whether it exists, how were you able to post what you said was the correct translation of it?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
If you can't find it and you don't know whether it exists, how were you able to post what you said was the correct translation of it?
It was the meds.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
😀

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
You seem to think I care one way or the other.

This verse was planted in the forum by an agitator and troublemaker last week.

If I never see the verse ever again, that would be a great thing.

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

[b]This verse was planted in the forum by an agitator and troublemaker last week.]
But you provided the forum with what you said was the correct translation of it and then justified the rape that it depicted in your version of it. Don't worry about some other version of it. Let's talk about your version of it.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Apr 16

You seem to think I care one way or the other.

This verse was planted in the forum by an agitator and troublemaker last week.

If I never see the verse ever again, that would be a great thing.
Putting your hands over your eyes won't stop the verse from existing.

As FMF has observed, if it did not exist how were you able to provide an alternative translation? Did you make that up?!

Not to worry you, but the verse was just one example i found in the Vedas that was abhorrent. If you don't like that one, would you like to post other examples?

w

Moves
02 Apr 16

My guess is that someone has corrupted the Vedas little Bible. I guess you alone will then have to come up with the real Bible and inform us all what exactly that is.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Apr 16

Does the verse exists.

Any ideas.
Your confusion is caused by the fact that the PDF you linked to does not contain a full listing and translation of the Brihadaranyaka. It is instead a discussion of the Brihadaranyaka.
You seem to know surprisingly little about your own holy books.

Purchase this book:
https://books.google.co.za/books?id=Lsp18ZvstrcC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

For a more complete listing and translation.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Apr 16
1 edit

If you are too poor to buy the book, then try this one:
http://ia600500.us.archive.org/28/items/BrahadaranyakaUpanishad-ShankaraBhashya-English-SwamiMadhavaananda/BrahadaranyakaUpanishad-Madhavaananda.pdf

And the original text in Sanskrit, the perfect language, is there for all to see.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
But you provided the forum with what you said was the correct translation of it and then justified the rape that it depicted in your version of it. Don't worry about some other version of it. Let's talk about your version of it.
No..............

I found a verse that was different to the one posted.

There are 6 translation of the verse by different people............proving there are good translation and bad translations,

If you want o resolve this you MUST get the translation from a pure devotee,
otherwise it shall never be resolved.

BUT I don't careless about this verse at all.

It was a plant in the forum to create an argument with me.

Such is the nature of persons in this forum to do such a things.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
Your confusion is caused by the fact that the PDF you linked to does not contain a full listing and translation of the Brihadaranyaka. It is instead a discussion of the Brihadaranyaka.
You seem to know surprisingly little about your own holy books.

Purchase this book:
https://books.google.co.za/books?id=Lsp18ZvstrcC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

For a more complete listing and translation.
Yes ....and where is the discussion about the verse.

YOU Find IT if you are sooooo interested in it, because I couldn't care less.

And I do know very little about that ..........................thankfully

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Putting your hands over your eyes won't stop the verse from existing.

As FMF has observed, if it did not exist how were you able to provide an alternative translation? Did you make that up?!

Not to worry you, but the verse was just one example i found in the Vedas that was abhorrent. If you don't like that one, would you like to post other examples?
It is wonderful and beautiful when you have the correct translation.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Apr 16

It is wonderful and beautiful when you have the correct translation.
Give us a link to this correct translation.

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Give us a link to this correct translation.
According to Dasa it's here in his first post on Thread 168125.