The Intellectual.

The Intellectual.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Oct 11

Originally posted by Dasa
If you are going to talk like a fool then I cannot help you.
When did you first hear this?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
04 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
Just lightening up the mood. It gets a little too dry in here sometimes. My apologies if you found it offensive.

Though I will admit to being curious. If the Vedic teachings don't contain anything on the subject, and they probably don't, then what is your personal take?

Is the cold blooded, first degree murder of a plant -- something that would anger your Pagan god?
Vedas do not proscribe or prescribe anything. They do not teach anything. They are, to put it simply, a collection of hymns to God apart from hymns describing rituals or sacrifices. They even contain a bit of the history of those times, e.g.the war of the ten kings ( Dash Radnya Yuddha ). But mistake not, the theological and philosophical content is most remarkably lofty. The Vedas describe horse sacrifice rituals to be carried out by kings. The present day version of the Hindu religion (about 2500 years old) does not proscribe meat eating except beef which Hindus do not touch. However, meat eating and other sensory pleasures are to be given up by a Sadhak.