The Giants of Gen 6 myth or ?

The Giants of Gen 6 myth or ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Mar 12
2 edits

I think this subject has been brought up before but it's very interesting to say the least.

Gen 6:1

1 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not [b]strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

http://stevequayle.com/ interesting link

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Mar 12

Here is some info I think I pasted before on this. But I too find it an interesting thing to think about and how bad those dudes must have been. Freaks to say the least...

Who were the ‘sons of God’ that fathered the Nephilim?
Who were “the sons of the true God” that were involved? Were they men who were worshipers of Jehovah (as distinguished from the general run of wicked mankind), as some claim? Evidently not. The Bible implies that their marriage to the daughters of men resulted in whipping up the badness in the earth. Noah and his three sons, along with their wives, were the only ones in God’s favor and were the only ones preserved through the Deluge.—Ge 6:9; 8:15, 16; 1Pe 3:20.
Hence, if these “sons of the true God” were merely men, the question arises, Why were their offspring “men of fame” more than those of the wicked, or of faithful Noah? Also, the question might be asked, Why mention their marriage to the daughters of men as something special? Marriage and childbearing had been taking place for more than 1,500 years.
The sons of God mentioned at Genesis 6:2, therefore, must have been angels, spirit “sons of God.” This expression is applied to angels at Job 1:6; 38:7. This view is supported by Peter, who speaks of “the spirits in prison, who had once been disobedient when the patience of God was waiting in Noah’s days.” (1Pe 3:19, 20) Also Jude writes of “the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place.” (Jude 6) Angels had the power to materialize in human form, and some angels did so to bring messages from God. (Ge 18:1, 2, 8, 20-22; 19:1-11; Jos 5:13-15) But heaven is the proper abode of spirit persons, and the angels there have positions of service under Jehovah. (Da 7:9, 10) To leave this abode to dwell on earth and to forsake their assigned service to have fleshly relations would be rebellion against God’s laws, and perversion.
The Bible states that the disobedient angels are now “spirits in prison,” having been ‘thrown into Tartarus’ and “reserved with eternal bonds under dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.” This seems to indicate that they are greatly restricted, unable again to materialize as they did prior to the Flood.—1Pe 3:19; 2Pe 2:4; Jude 6.

Insight Book #2.

Moves
19 Mar 12

Originally posted by menace71
I think this subject has been brought up before but it's very interesting to say the least.

Gen 6:1

1 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Then the LORD said ...[text shortened]... men who were of old, men of renown.

http://stevequayle.com/ interesting link

Manny
There is a naturalistic possibility, of course, that early humans discovered large fossilized bones and came up with ideas as to their source. The old-earth evolutionists are lurking -- watch out there's one now!

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Mar 12

interesting side note depending on long cubit or cubit that a 5 cubit man would be between 7.5' to 8.5'

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Mar 12

Originally posted by JS357
There is a naturalistic possibility, of course, that early humans discovered large fossilized bones and came up with ideas as to their source. The old-earth evolutionists are lurking -- watch out there's one now!
yes or maybe they were hybrid ?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Mar 12

How about the book of Enoch ?

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
Possibly but it makes one think that something had to be going on here on this planet for God to take the extreem measure he did with the flood. There may have been other reasons that he had to flood the earth that we don't know about. I wonder if with these nephilim and their being not completely human or whatever they were physically and mentally and having materialized angelic fathers that they could have produced disease that would have eventually killed all humans because of not being a normal bacteria or germs or who knows what.
Of course the bible says the badness had gotten so bad which was true but there could have been more to it that only God saw and knew he had to do what he did.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Mar 12

these are borrowed tales from sumerian mythology, where gods would breed with humans and the offspring would be demi-gods; men of heroics and renown. see the epic of gilgamesh as an example.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Mar 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
these are borrowed tales from sumerian mythology, where gods would breed with humans and the offspring would be demi-gods; men of heroics and renown. see the epic of gilgamesh as an example.
No I think sumerians idea of these events were borrowed tales from realty of the time before the flood. These were actual events that were known to the family of Noah and would have been told to their offspring after the flood and easily passed on to the following generations.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Mar 12

Originally posted by galveston75
No I think sumerians idea of these events were borrowed tales from realty of the time before the flood. These were actual events that were known to the family of Noah and would have been told to their offspring after the flood and easily passed on to the following generations.
I agree with you on this also G-75 that these stories are echoes of the truth. The earth has like 200+ flood stories and while some of these stories sound outright ludacris we can't dismiss that these stories are a recolection of some a great cataclysm that happened. Also the stories of the demi-gods and titans and various different cultures have stories of the intermingling of the devinewith flesh. I think in myth is hidden truths. Lastly I believe man was more advanced before the flood than we think.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Mar 12

I agree with you on this also G-75 that these stories are echoes of the truth. The earth has like 200+ flood stories and while some of these stories sound outright ludacris we can't dismiss that these stories are a recolection of some a great cataclysm that happened. Also the stories of the demi-gods and titans and various different cultures have stories of ...[text shortened]... n myth is hidden truths. Lastly I believe man was more advanced before the flood than we think.
I agree. There are too many stories of the flood all over the earth in hundreds of cultures.
And yes with the influance of the demons that materialized one has to remember that they had existed for ions of time and had seen the earth and man being created by God. This is something that most don't think of but these spirit beings are extrememly smart and have more knowledge then we have now as far as knowing the universe and even worse, the weeknesses of man.
So again God knew what was going on before the flood much more then we do now and he knew if he didn't step in and do what he did, man may not have survived much longer or the ones who would have survived may not have been like any kind of humans we know now.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Mar 12

You have to ask the question why would these beings even care or want to intermingle with flesh? I've read that part of this was to try and corrupt the seed or line that would lead to the coming messiah. I know a lot of this stuff seems crazy and I was listening to that Steve Qualye guy and some of the archaeological finds supposedly (I say supposedly because it's second hand from the internet) of huge humanoid skeletons found at various places around the earth. Apparently he says it's like taboo archaeology and they try and hide or cover up these finds.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Mar 12
1 edit

http://www.stangrist.com/giants.htm

http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/N.Am/hidden.proofs.giant.race.html

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
the noah/flood story was also borrowed from the sumerians.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Mar 12
1 edit

I agree with you on this also G-75 that these stories are echoes of the truth. The earth has like 200+ flood stories and while some of these stories sound outright ludacris we can't dismiss that these stories are a recolection of some a great cataclysm that happened. Also the stories of the demi-gods and titans and various different cultures have stories of ...[text shortened]... n myth is hidden truths. Lastly I believe man was more advanced before the flood than we think.
given the cyclic events of global warming and cooling and the majority of human civilization occupying coastal areas, it is not unusual for most of them to have racial memories of flood cataclysms.