The future....

The future....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by galveston75
Just wanted to see what you all feel will be the future of humans and this planet in the next 50+ years?
We're all gonna die! 😲

rc

Moves
15 Mar 17
4 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Would you agree this is due to the evolving intellect of UK citizens?
Actually can I get back to you on this. It has been the traditional view point that it was industrialisation what done it. People moving from countryside to city and the connection between church and laity was lost in the urban sprawl. You find clergy and sociologists going into the slums of London and Glasgow to record data like they were going into the Amazon to collect specimens. Also data does not always tell us everything and can be deceptive and open to interpretation. What we can say with some certainty is that there was a huge cultural shift in the early sixties which has not abated to this day. For example in the 1950's 2 million people went to see the American preacher Billy Graham in England, 1.2 million in Scotland. Less than a decade later statistics show that people were much less religiously inclined as represented by baptisms, church weddings etc. I have my own theory but the book I am reading explores the idea that it was the liberation of women which essentially did it. They were previously the backbone of the church and when the sixties came and with it alternative perspectives and they looked to other sources for guidance and this rearranged the fabric of society.

I don't think intellect has anything to do with it. Trollers gonna troll, haters gonna hate and Essex girls are gonna be Essex girls! 😵

Cape Town

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and yet the rhetoric form the UN is that we are facing a huge humanitarian crisis of some 20 million persons.
But not due to a world food shortage.

In Yemen for example there is a proxy war going on between Saudi Arabia and its backers and Iran and its backers. Its a political man made crisis. Are you blaming the US and the EU for this?
No. What gave you that idea?

Cape Town

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by galveston75
Hummm...Actually my research online shows it poverty, but distribution I'm sure is up there.
Poverty is a problem of distribution ie goods are not distributed equally but are available disproportionately.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
No I would not, I think it has more to do with the great falling away due to sin.
Yet there is a very clear correlation between education levels and this 'falling away'.

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Would you mind posting the links to your research?
I think he means "research" like Sean Spicer means "wiretap".

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
15 Mar 17

Actually can I get back to you on this. It has been the traditional view point that it was industrialisation what done it. People moving from countryside to city and the connection between church and laity was lost in the urban sprawl. You find clergy and sociologists going into the slums of London and Glasgow to record data like they were going i ...[text shortened]... o with it. Trollers gonna troll, haters gonna hate and Essex girls are gonna be Essex girls! 😵
My sister is an Essex girl.

😠

rc

Moves
15 Mar 17
3 edits

😠
ooops 😵

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
15 Mar 17

ooops 😵
And my granny.

😠

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I just looked up the rate of how many die a year and multi that by 50, so its 7,750,000.
So with nothing really bad happening that is the norm.
If something like a world war, or something else, it could get worse.
Again, you and I are not promised tomorrow.
I hope you have your life in order.
You are being diseingenous. do I really have to dig up your old posts?
Of course I know the difference between losing a lot of people (in a short time) or the normal losses that would occur anyway.
Anyway your maths may be wrong. By 2050 we should have an extra 2 billion people (if current trends continue)
We may not have a tomorrow... because there is no tomorrow 😀

But I hear you .

So there are 2 distinct points here. Ok.

Lastly I'm not worried about myself. I've done my 'soul' searching, my reflections on life.... and death.
Death would be a welcome relief compared to trying to keep going on this nasty little planet. This (forum) is relatively tame compared the costant bombardment of negativity that this world offers up day after day

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by JS357
They will all have to make do without me.
I don't know if I can man.
your presence , or lack of, will cause an irreversible negative trend, disrupting the balance of all life, heralding the end of life as we know it :'(

rc

Moves
15 Mar 17
1 edit

And my granny.

😠
double oooops 😵

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Mar 17

😠
And my wife.

(I mean she's an Essex girl not GoaD's sister!)

F

Moves
15 Mar 17

Also data does not always tell us everything and can be deceptive and open to interpretation.
Perhaps you can just embrace "data" that reinforces your opinions - or interpret it as doing so - and then dismiss or condemn "data" that is inconvenient to you?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel

We may not have a tomorrow... because there is no tomorrow 😀

Death would be a welcome relief compared to trying to keep going on this nasty little planet. This (forum) is relatively tame compared the costant bombardment of negativity that this world offers up day after day
Cheer up you live on the Gold Coast!!!!!