The Free Gift

The Free Gift

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
No it is a gift if the value of what is received far exceeds the value of what was given. Eg if you by $200 in groceries and that entitled you to receive a $50,000 car, then that is not a trade.
So you think you can dollarize this “gift”?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Then this is the more interesting topic.

- Is your Christianity based only on the words attributed to Jesus?

- why not the rest of the NT? And how do you know that the gospels upon which you base your beliefs about the “words of Jesus” are reliable?

- if so then it is no surprise that you disagree on doctrine with those who take the entire Bible to be the word of god and surely you would be better off addressing this differential of thought
I addressed that many times. It is boring to have to say it over and over.

Here it is Jesus is the way, the truth and the life
For many Christians, Paul is the way, the truth and the life.

The bible does not give eternal life, neither does Paul. Jesus does
The bible is not the way, neither is Paul, the teachings of Jesus Christ is the way.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
So you think you can dollarize this “gift”?
The point is simple, and you choose to deliberately miss it. What you get in return for meeting the qualifying conditions for eternal life, far exceeds what you have to do.

It was never referred to as a free gift.
Justification is the free gift and Paul said it 3 times.
People like to assume eternal life is free also but it is not.

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
The point is simple, and you choose to deliberately miss it.
I didn’t miss it at all, it’s just that it missed its mark.

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
What you get in return for meeting the qualifying conditions for eternal life, far exceeds what you have to do.
One doesn’t have to “do” anything, that’s why it’s a gift.

Any gift which has to be in some albeit small way ceases to be a gift, by definition, and becomes a bargain buy.

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said

It was never referred to as a free gift.
All gifts are free.

Something which has to be paid for is not a gift, it is a purchase.

A purchase with a cheap price is still not a gift, it is a bargain.

Moves
07 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Then this is the more interesting topic.

- Is your Christianity based only on the words attributed to Jesus?

- why not the rest of the NT? And how do you know that the gospels upon which you base your beliefs about the “words of Jesus” are reliable?

- if so then it is no surprise that you disagree on doctrine with those who take the entire Bible to be the word of god and surely you would be better off addressing this differential of thought
Rajk999?

Moves
07 Jan 22

Two fundamental flaws:

1) definition of “gift”

2) definition of “word of god” as related to the written words of Jesus in the gospels, the written word of god in the OT and the written word of the apostles in the NT

Moves
07 Jan 22

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
I addressed that many times. It is boring to have to say it over and over.

Here it is Jesus is the way, the truth and the life
For many Christians, Paul is the way, the truth and the life.

The bible does not give eternal life, neither does Paul. Jesus does
The bible is not the way, neither is Paul, the teachings of Jesus Christ is the way.
Yes, Jesus is the way, the way into the Kingdom of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
We only interested in one thing and that is what the bible says, so forget about what you say or I say. So here it is again :

The expression 'free gift' appears 3 times in Romans 5 and never again in the bible. It is used only with regard to justification by the death of Christ. Paul said this free gift of justification came upon all people. All people in the ...[text shortened]... hat is a separate matter from the justification that came upon all men through the death of Christ.
And your explanation for these verses is?

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

(John 3:16)

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

(John 6:40)

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”

(John 8:24)

Where is commandment keeping mentioned in those verses? I could give you a lot more verses if you want them.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And your explanation for these verses is?

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

(John 3:16)

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.” ...[text shortened]... commandment keeping mentioned in those verses? I could give you a lot more verses if you want them.
Well there you found the loophole... you are a smart guy. I suggest on judgment day you go along with those verses in your hand and when Jesus says ... Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. , just say to Jesus ... Hey ..where is commandment keeping mentioned in those verses? I could give you a lot more verses if you want them...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Well there you found the loophole... you are a smart guy. I suggest on judgment day you go along with those verses in your hand and when Jesus says ... Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: nak ...[text shortened]... ndment keeping mentioned in those verses? I could give you a lot more verses if you want them...
You don’t realize our eternal destinies are decided on earth by whether we accept and believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection?

There are two judgments in the afterlife - the Judgment Seat of Christ for believers and the Great White Throne Judgment for unbelievers. I hope to see you at the former.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Yes, Jesus is the way, the way into the Kingdom of God.
Of course. Apparently you think Paul is the way.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Of course. Apparently you think Paul is the way.
Who do you think better knows what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is?

A man who had an encounter with the Resurrected Christ and who received the Gospel directly from Jesus and who was personally selected by Jesus to preach that Gospel to the Gentiles,

Or you?