The Fear Of God

The Fear Of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

Originally posted by whodey
If we had to live with the likes of people like Hitler, then torture would be eternal for everyone.
Hitler's gas chamber victims died almost instantaneously. They did not suffer "eternal torture". At least one Christian has admitted here on this forum that the "Lake of Fire" punishment is way, way worse than anything Hitler did.

w

Moves
03 Sep 14

Originally posted by FMF
I always try to avoid immoral acts and when my actions negatively impact people as a result of me straying from my code, I mostly regret that it has happened. If repentance means reflecting on one's behaviour and trying to avoid repeating it, and also confessing or apologizing to others, then yes I "repent". But nobody is perfect. I don't have this "fear" you keep mentioning.
Do you believe in Karma?

w

Moves
03 Sep 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Hitler's gas chamber victims died almost instantaneously. They did not suffer "eternal torture". At least one Christian has admitted here on this forum that the "Lake of Fire" punishment is way, way worse than anything Hitler did.
😲

Hitler's victims did not suffer?

Your nuts man.

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
Go cry the sky is blue on a clear day, it will not change the color. As I said,
I believe God is going to judge all of creation, we will stand before God and
judge angels, and demons, and we will give an account of our own lives.
And... as I said, your religionist concept of billions of people being tortured for eternity in burning agony for not believing the same things as you just so happen to believe [about "sin" and "faith"] is the darkest and most grotesque thing that the human imagination has ever come up with. And you subscribe to it.

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

😲

Hitler's victims did not suffer?

Your nuts man.
I did not say they did not suffer, whodey. I said "They did not suffer "eternal torture". His gas chamber victims died almost instantaneously.

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

Do you believe in Karma?
No. Not at all.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 14

Originally posted by FMF
As I said, one little lie brought about all the evil we see in the world today.
That is evil, that is what it does, and people lie at the drop of a hat, they
will do all manner of things. You just don't see evil because you have nothing
to compare it too, your life is filled with it to the point that you cannot see
the forest for all the trees. The contrast to evil is the goodness of God, which
as you know, I believe you have never experienced.
Kelly

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

Personally, I don't enjoy the notion of living an eternity with the likes of a Hitler or someone like him.
But you believe that you might be tortured for eternity in burning agony ~ along with billions of others ~ for your "sins". Right?

w

Moves
03 Sep 14

Originally posted by FMF
No. Not at all.
Where then is the justice for those who have been wronged?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 14

Originally posted by FMF
And... as I said, your religionist concept of billions of people being tortured for eternity in burning agony for not believing the same things as you just so happen to believe [about "sin" and "faith"] is the darkest and most grotesque thing that the human imagination has ever come up with. And you subscribe to it.
What are you suggesting, I subscribe to it? You think I'm happy at the thought
of people I love going there, because I most certainly believe that is going to
be the case. Nothing about Hell makes me happy, I wouldn't wish that on
anyone, but it is going to happen to more than those that miss out on it.
Kelly

w

Moves
03 Sep 14

Originally posted by FMF
But you believe that you might be tortured for eternity in burning agony ~ along with billions of others ~ for your "sins". Right?
I believe that I deserve such a fate for my sins.

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

As I said, one little lie brought about all the evil we see in the world today.
That is evil, that is what it does, and people lie at the drop of a hat, they
will do all manner of things. You just don't see evil because you have nothing
to compare it too, your life is filled with it to the point that you cannot see
the forest for all the trees. The cont ...[text shortened]... to evil is the goodness of God, which
as you know, I believe you have never experienced.
Kelly
I am not "evil" ~ not by any definition I know and accept. I hardly ever lie and can't remember telling anything more than social-lubricant 'white lies' for many years. I act ~ and endeavour to act ~ in a morally sound way day after day after day. My life is not "filled with evil" as you contend. I see plenty of "evil" in the world. I think I even do my tiny little bit to combat it. I could probably do more. It is nothing new for fundamentalist Christians on this message board to call me "evil" in the course of discussions on morality.

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

I believe that I deserve such a fate for my sins.
I believe that the ideology that underpins this belief of yours is the most depraved set of notions that the human imagination has ever conjured up.

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

What are you suggesting, I subscribe to it? You think I'm happy at the thought
of people I love going there, because I most certainly believe that is going to
be the case. Nothing about Hell makes me happy, I wouldn't wish that on
anyone, but it is going to happen to more than those that miss out on it.
Kelly
You either subscribe to the ideology or you don't. Simple as that. We are not discussing your happiness.

F

Moves
03 Sep 14

Where then is the justice for those who have been wronged?
People face injustice all the time. If you believe that "being tortured for eternity in burning agony" somehow creates "justice for those who have been wronged" then that is for you. I, of course, see it as simply being something in your imagination.