The death thread

The death thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 18

Who here is afraid of dying and if so why?
If not, why?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
If not, why?
When I close my eyes for the last time in this life, I'll open them immediately in the next, and Jesus will be right there to take me home.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
If not, why?
The only aspect of death that troubles my thoughts from time to time is the possibility of a long drawn out period of acutely debilitating or deteriorating infirmity that would be an emotional (and perhaps financial) strain on those who love and care for me while offering in return, for all concerned, only what might be a wretched quality of life.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
When I close my eyes for the last time in this life, I'll open them immediately in the next, and Jesus will be right there to take me home.
And believing this makes you not (or perhaps less) afraid of dying? If so, I think there is no harm in that at all.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
And believing this makes you not (or perhaps less) afraid of dying? If so, I think there is no harm in that at all.
Of course its a harmless delusion. If he is correct then all is well. If not, he wont know the difference. According to Jesus it is only an elect group of Christians has the privilege Second Son describes.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Apr 18

The only aspect of death that troubles my thoughts from time to time is the possibility of a long drawn out period of acutely debilitating or deteriorating infirmity that would be an emotional (and perhaps financial) strain on those who love and care for me while offering in return, for all concerned, only what might be a wretched quality of life.
No thoughts about the afterlife?

F

Moves
30 Apr 18
1 edit

No thoughts about the afterlife?
Not anymore, no.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Apr 18

My wife just said she thought that was a nice reply.

While I'm assured of my eternal destiny, there is still a degree of trepidation within me. Just to be honest.

Thing is though, being a believer, I think there is no file in us to come to complete terms with death since man wasn't created to ever die.

Death is way wrong.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Apr 18

Not anymore, no.
Dead already? Are you speaking to us from beyond the grave? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Of course its a harmless delusion. If he is correct then all is well. If not, he wont know the difference. According to Jesus it is only an elect group of Christians has the privilege Second Son describes.
And the elect all have absolute assurance of eternal life.

But not you, right?

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Dead already? Are you speaking to us from beyond the grave? ๐Ÿ˜‰
I am alive. And I have no use for notions of there being a "beyond the grave".

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Apr 18

I am alive. And I have no use for notions of there being a "beyond the grave".
So you have no 'notions' of there being anything beyond death?

Does that mean you know there's nothing after death?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Apr 18
2 edits

And the elect all have absolute assurance of eternal life.

But not you, right?
Assurance of eternal life comes from Christ, not the church pastor. There are a few places where Jesus addresses this topic. Here are a couple of them:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (John 10:27-28 KJV)

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. (1 John 3:14-19 KJV)

The sheep of Christ are those who follow Christ commandments and they have that assurance.

As for me? I dont discuss myself on a public forum.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Apr 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @rajk999
Assurance of eternal life comes from Christ, not the church pastor. There are a few places where Jesus addresses this topic. Here are a couple of them:

[i]My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (John 10:27-28 KJV)

We k ...[text shortened]... ommandments and they have that assurance.

As for me? I dont discuss myself on a public forum.
"Assurance of eternal life comes from Christ, not the church pastor."

And you think you're the only one here that knows that.

"As for me? I dont discuss myself on a public forum."

The hell you don't. Do you want me to dig all the references out of your public forum posts and prove it? No thanks. I already proved you're a duplicitous hypocrite in the thread The Troll Says...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Apr 18

[b]"Assurance of eternal life comes from Christ, not the church pastor."

And you think you're the only one here that knows that.

"As for me? I dont discuss myself on a public forum."

The hell you don't. Do you want me to dig all the references out of your public forum posts and prove it? No thanks. I already proved you're a duplicitous hypocrite in the thread The Troll Says...[/b]
Loosing your cool before the end of the first page ...lol ๐Ÿ˜€
Tell your wife to calm you down ...