The Central Tenet of the Gospel of Jesus Christ

The Central Tenet of the Gospel of Jesus Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Thanks ...some very good points in there regarding the Gospel of Christ.

Now if only those who want to post about what they perceive the be the Gospel can do likewise ... i guess that is asking too much.
I know ToO thinks Jesus Christ was just a man (and has to ignore a great deal of the New Testament, including Jesus’ own words, to believe that.)

rajk - Do you also believe Jesus was “just a man?” Or do you accept that Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh? If the latter, what was the purpose of His crucifixion and Resurrection?

w

Moves
14 Mar 18

I will excuse you because you really do not know the Bible.
Stay out for a few days and read on the sidelines.
You will learn something.
You are free to retort but strangely you decide not to.

Just out of curiosity, do you think Mohammad was a man of God?

Moves
14 Mar 18

A couple references ?
According to the gospel of Rajk we don't have to believe.

According to the gospel of Jesus we do:
John 20:28-29

Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Mar 18

Thanks ...some very good points in there regarding the Gospel of Christ.

Now if only those who want to post about what they perceive the be the Gospel can do likewise ... i guess that is asking too much.
So we have the core of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Started by John the Baptist:
Continued by Christ as per post by ToO.
Then preached by the disciples:

In all cases the gospel preached is the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Repentance, baptism and living righteously are the requirements for entry into the Kingdom.

Almost all of the teachings and parables of Christ were designed to demonstrate this gospel of the Kingdom of God and to show who are the ones who will enter this Kingdom and who will not enter. There is no other teaching during the time of Christ, which pointed to any other gospel or good news.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, preached by John the Baptist, by the hundreds of disciples is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

So we have the core of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Started by John the Baptist:
Continued by Christ as per post by ToO.
Then preached by the disciples:

In all cases the gospel preached is the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Repentance, baptism and living righteously are the requirements for entry into the Kingdom.

Almost all of the teachings and ...[text shortened]... preached by John the Baptist, by the hundreds of disciples is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God.
The fact you won’t answer whether you believe Jesus Christ was just a man or God in the flesh says a lot. I suspect you’re a Christ denier just like ToO and the Pharisees.

To think you and ToO have the gall to speak for Jesus Christ when you deny His divinity is blasphemy. It’s as though the Pharisees, who also were Christ deniers and had Jesus put to death for claiming to be God, decided they would teach about Jesus.

God have mercy on both of you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18
2 edits

The Gospel of the kingdom included also the grace of God. And the preaching of the gospel of grace is for the kingdom of God.

Now grace is the enjoyment of God Himself to be everything that you need. What you don't have God comes in to BE for you and in you and on your behalf. This is grace.

Some say Grace is unmerited favor. That's good. But I think this definition is even better.

Paul brought the two matters together in his preaching.

" ... the ministry which I have received from the Lord Jesus to solemnly testify of the gospel of the GRACE OF GOD.

And now, behold, I know that you all, among whom I have gone about proclaiming the KINGDOM, will see my face no more." (Acts. 20:24,25)

Do you see? Paul's proclamation of the good news of the grace of God was intrinsically related to God establishing "the kingdom" [of God].

We need Christ Himself to be our redemption to enter into God's kingdom. And we need Christ Himself to be the life within to live a kingdom living.

The very way the believers initially RECEIVE Him should be the same way in which they continue to LIVE by Him a righteous living.

"As therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him." (Col. 2:6)

Amen.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @whodey
People like Raj would have us believe that Jesus died on a cross for nothing.
Jesus ' life was more significant than his death

If we could just live before we die!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Interesting how those who believe in "salvation by faith alone" so often misrepresent the positions of others. Seems likely that it's not a coincidence.
No coincidences , no accidents
Just Amnesia and confusion

T

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Jesus ' life was more significant than his death

If we could just live before we die!
Not that many Christians seem to really understand it, but the point is to "die" before one can live.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 18

Not that many Christians seem to really understand it, but the point is to "die" before one can live.
The 'poor in spirit' are blessed for they will enter the kingdom of Heaven

T

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
The 'poor in spirit' are blessed for they will enter the kingdom of Heaven
Indeed.

Matthew 16
24Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25 “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18
2 edits

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 18

Indeed.

Matthew 16
24Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25 [b]“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
26“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or ...[text shortened]... e glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS[/b].[/b]
*near tear*

Concise and elegant.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
The Gospel of the kingdom included also the grace of God. And the preaching of the gospel of grace is for the kingdom of God.

Now [b]grace
is the enjoyment of God Himself to be everything that you need. What you don't have God comes in to BE for you and in you and on your behalf. This is grace.

Some say Grace is unmerited favor. That's goo ...[text shortened]... e you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him." (Col. 2:6) [/b] [/quote]

Amen.[/b]
Nobody is arguing that.

The Grace is God is in sending his son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of man, and to set up the Kingdom on the Earth for the 1000 yr reign. That is the function of Christ.

This why Paul said that nobody had to work for it.. its free and its is the gift of God... eternal life through Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

Nobody is arguing that.

The Grace is God is in sending his son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of man, and to set up the Kingdom on the Earth for the 1000 yr reign. That is the function of Christ.

This why Paul said that nobody had to work for it.. its free and its is the gift of God... eternal life through Christ.
Do you believe Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh or not? Why not just answer “Yes” or “No?”

ToO says “No.” What do you say?