The book of Revelation

The book of Revelation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Oct 19

@sonship said
I stop here.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
26 Oct 19

@divegeester said
Certain Christians here have called/accused those of who you ignore:

- spreaders of faeces and germs
- of having diseased minds
- of causing hundreds of people to be burnt alive in hell
- of being an a$$hole
- of being a heretic
- dozens of other “personal attacks”

I’ve not called anyone any other these things.
Only because you didn't use those terms first no doubt.

Moves
26 Oct 19

@secondson said
Only because you didn't use those terms first no doubt.
There you go...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Revelation 2 English Standard Version (ESV)

“And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: ‘The words of him who has the sharp two-edged sword.
“‘I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. Yet you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith even in the days of Antipas my faithful witness, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. But I have a few thing ...[text shortened]... ife things that must be looked at in light of eternity not just the here and now as if this were it.

“And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

“‘I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first. But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality. Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works, and I will strike her children dead. And all the churches will know that I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you according to your works. But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not learned what some call the deep things of Satan, to you I say, I do not lay on you any other burden. Only hold fast what you have until I come. The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father. And I will give him the morning star. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

This passage of scripture once again stresses we must be overcomers, the Lord knows our works, our manner of life, and isn't at all happy if we even tolerate sexual immorality, but calls us to repentance. The expectation is that we are to be living holy lives unto the Lord. Is the manner of our lives filled with love and faith and service and patient endurance as we go through this life, not mingling our selves in the corruption of the world?

Moves
27 Oct 19

@kellyjay said

“And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

“‘I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first. But I have this against you, that you tolerate t ...[text shortened]... atient endurance as we go through this life, not mingling our selves in the corruption of the world?
From your post, what does this mean?

”The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father. And I will give him the morning star. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 19
2 edits

@divegeester

From your post, what does this mean?

”The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father. And I will give him the morning star. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

I didn't digest all of the exchanges that went between you and KellyJay.

But if you feel to ask someone else about the above passage, you may ask me. A simple -
"You explain then" as response before I labor on it, will do as indication you are asking me.

Moves
28 Oct 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

[quote] From your post, what does this mean?

”The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father. And I will give him the morning star. He who has an ear, let him ...[text shortened]... ] "You explain then" [/i] as response before I labor on it, will do as indication you are asking me.
Thank you but I’m not asking you sonship, I’m asking KellyJay.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
28 Oct 19

@divegeester said
Thank you but I’m not asking you sonship, I’m asking KellyJay.
What are you going to do divegeester? KJ isn't answering you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Oct 19

@secondson said
I don't believe he cares about answers in most OP; there was conversation about the Trinity I gave him answers for the questions he was asking. He told me he didn't care; it was the person that he was talking to wanted to show or prove something about that person, and more than likely it was something negative as almost all of his writings are when addressing others.

I hope I'm wrong and you two address his questions, but I doubt they are real concerns for him.

Moves
28 Oct 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I hope I'm wrong and you two address his questions, but I doubt they are real concerns for him.
My question to YOU about YOUR post is not a “concern” for me, no, why would it be a “concern”?

Instead of “hoping” that other people will answer my question to you, why don’t you stop acting like a 5 year old child and be a man?

Moves
28 Oct 19

@secondson said
But he is though; he is setting out his character for all to observe.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Oct 19

@kellyjay said

“‘I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first. But I have this against you, that you tolerate t ...[text shortened]... atient endurance as we go through this life, not mingling our selves in the corruption of the world?

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars.

“‘I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

One of the main reasons I'm not a once saved, always saved Christian. Jesus warning in that we can be dead, the Life of Christ isn't in us. We need to wake up, repent, and walk worthy of the Lord. How horrible will be for those who tasted what which is of the Lord and turn their backs on the Holy One who gave all to save us. We need to be walking in the faith, and if we see we are not, we need to repent and ask Jesus to be Lord of our lives, or remain apart from God in die in our sins.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 19

I think I would like to contribute by writing maybe some posts which link the seven churches together to show the progression.

1.) Ephesus is a good start of the church which however soon leaves her first love.

2.) Smyrna is pretty much totally occupied with persecution.

3.) Pergamos is a decline into worldliness - too much infiltration of the world into the church.

4.) Thyatira is a decline even further into that former situation becoming occult like, This is the church condition at its lowest.

5.) Sardis is a partial recovery and going up from the previous situation yet not completing the recovery.

6.) Philadelphia is a full recovery and only needs to hold on until the Lord's return.

7.) Laodicea is a proud Philadelphia that thinks she is rich but is not.

So we go down from Ephesus - down further from Smyrna - down further from Pergamos - down to the uttermost in Thyatira - begin to ascend (partially) in Sardis - ascend further to a healthiest state in Philadelphia - and fall back down again in Laodicea.

1.) Down -
2.) Down -
3.) Down -
4.) Rock bottom -
5.) Up some -
6.) Up more to the normal standard -
7.) Down again from there.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Oct 19
1 edit

@sonship said
I think I would like to contribute by writing maybe some posts which link the seven churches together to show the progression.

1.) Ephesus is a good start of the church which however soon leaves her first love.

2.) Smyrna is pretty much totally occupied with persecution.

3.) Pergamos is a decline into worldliness - too much infiltration of the world into the church ...[text shortened]... Rock bottom -
5.) Up some -
6.) Up more to the normal standard -
7.) Down again from there.
Are you really telling me from reading these comments from Christ about these churches, that there is such a thing as once saved always saved? Where in these long voluminous writings [2 chapters] can you identify one shred of evidence that a born-again Christian saint, who initially profess faith, who confesses sins, and who is saved by Christ, who then returns to his former life of sin and evil, can and will still inherit the Kingdom of God.

Let me answer, THERE IS NONE

In fact there is strong evidence to the contrary. In the words of Jesus-
- their names wil be blotted out of the book of life
- their candlestick will be removed
- they will be destroyed in the second death
-
-

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Oct 19

@rajk999 said
Are you really telling me from reading these comments from Christ about these churches, that there is such a thing as once saved always saved? Where in these long voluminous writings [2 chapters] can you identify one shred of evidence that a born-again Christian saint, who initially profess faith, who confesses sins, and who is saved by Christ, who then returns to his former ...[text shortened]... k of life
- their candlestick will be removed
- they will be destroyed in the second death
-
-
What you miss is in order to have your name removed it must first be there to be removed. What you have been avoiding is the only real question that matters and that is, is Christ in you now? If you are not abiding in Christ attached to the Vine, you have no part in Christ, if you don’t have the Holy Spirit now you don’t belong to God. Are our names written in the book of Life now, or are they put there after judgment day? You better know now and not just hoping!