The Big Bang Never Happened

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]WHY THE BIB BANG NEVER HAPPENED

I believe the video does give many reasons WHY the Big Bang never happened. First, nothing can't produce something. That is, an explosion can't come from nothing, and even if it could, an explosion would cause chaos, not an orderly universe.

Check the video carefully for the other reasons. Courteous of . . .

The Near Genius 😏[/b]
I refuse to believe that a Christian can't wrap his head around the idea that the Big Bang was simply the same "Let there be light" moment from Genesis 1.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Sep 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Not yet anyway.
According to Einstein, not ever.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
I refuse to believe that a Christian can't wrap his head around the idea that the Big Bang was simply the same "Let there be light" moment from Genesis 1.
There is a difference between that and the Big Bang Theory. There are many problems with the Big Bang Theory, but i can't think of one problem with God saying, "Let there be light" and there was light, because God had already created the heavens and the earth out of water.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
Either something was there to become something else, or some (other) outside force or agency was able to create something that had not previously existed.
Because you cannot understand something from nothing you discount it.
That is what I mean when I say you are limiting science with your own brain.
Luckily there are smarter people than you and I.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
22 Sep 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Yeah, lucky us...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Sep 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Yeah, I am smarter than you. I am not so sure about lemon lime. In your view, science includes magic when you can't explain it by normal science. I explain it by a miracle of God. 😏

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
22 Sep 15
1 edit

Yeah, I am smarter than you. I am not so sure about lemon lime. In your view, science includes magic when you can't explain it by normal science. I explain it by a miracle of God. 😏
I'm not so sure about lemon lime either, but I am smart enough to know what isn't smart. It isn't smart to say something came from nothing unless it can be explained and/or demonstrated how something can come from nothing.

If 'nothing' is defined as something other than mass/energy that later became mass/energy, then they should simply say so instead saying "something from nothing". If the people "smarter" than everyone else were smart enough to drop the "something from nothing" line and just explain what they mean, then the smarter people could prove their smartness without sounding utterly stupid. If someone is actually smart enough to understand what they claim to understand they would also be smart enough to explain what they understand.

Science isn't mysticism. If I ask for an explanation and the only answer I get is 'I know but you don't because I'm smarter than you', I'm smart enough to know what that means. It means I'm listening to a d****** who doesn't **** his *** from * **** in *** ******

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Sep 15

I'm not so sure about lemon lime either, but I am smart enough to know what isn't smart. It isn't smart to say something came from nothing unless it can be explained and/or demonstrated how something can come from nothing.

If 'nothing' is defined as something other than mass/energy that later became mass/energy, then they should simply say so instead s ...[text shortened]... at means. It means I'm listening to a d****** who doesn't **** his *** from * **** in *** ******
ROFL, well said.

K

Germany

Moves
22 Sep 15

Yeah, I know you can't get something from nothing. But that's what I mean when I say the question isn't IF it happened. And we shouldn't be asking atheists WHY, because as far as they are concerned there is no "why".

We must limit our questions and comments to HOW it happened, otherwise they can fall back on wisecracks and mockery when they don't know ...[text shortened]... e other nothing force (which also doesn't exist) and then lo and behold, something from nothing.
The Big Bang theory doesn't state that "something came from nothing," nor does it require it as an assumption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Sep 15

If 'nothing' is defined as something other than mass/energy that later became mass/energy, then they should simply say so instead s ...[text shortened]... at means. It means I'm listening to a d****** who doesn't **** his *** from * **** in *** ******
Then maybe we should not listen to him. What do you think about that? 😏

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Sep 15

It isn't smart to say something came from nothing unless it can be explained and/or demonstrated how something can come from nothing.

I agree.

But it has been explained.

And it has been demonstrated.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
22 Sep 15

[youtube]P-B2hACS0dQ[/youtube]
there was a big bang in my bedroom last night.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Sep 15

Originally posted by redbadger
there was a big bang in my bedroom last night.
Not that big, or so I've heard.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Sep 15

And less of a bang, more of a whimper...

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
22 Sep 15
1 edit

you aint seen the Badger Rut, remember you need a big hammer to knock a huge nail in.