The Bible's Buried Secrets

The Bible's Buried Secrets

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

Originally posted by nook7
Only the naughty ones - the others just drowned. A little known fact is that the great flood drowned the land cause the water left the ocean - and therefore the water dwelling animals drowned due to lack of water - god hadnt told Noah to build a Submarine see.
Ahh...of course!

rc

Moves
17 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by caissad4
Let us not forget the Great God Mithras, Born of a virgin on Dec, 25 and who ascended into the heavens.
"Unless you eat of my flesh and drink of my blood you will not be with me in the next world" Mithras
and I wondered why there were so many southern death cults, now I know!

rc

Moves
17 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Good point. My question is this: If God saw that something was left out of the Bible that he originally wanted in there and was of importance to us humans, why would he not see to it that it was put back in or not allowed to be taken out originally? Is he not capable to do that?
Sure some things have been changed as in the removal of his personal name ...[text shortened]... ds of times, but then he has also made it clear to many those mistakes and has had it corrected.
Its easy for you and I to see that, however for those who deny the inspiration of the sacred text, on the flimsiest of grounds, or more commonly on mere opinion and hearsay, well, they can and do invent lots of reasons. It is the greatest folly of the rationalist, for once you deny the inspiration of scripture, nothing in it makes any sense.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Mar 11

Originally posted by caissad4
Let us not forget the Great God Mithras, Born of a virgin on Dec, 25 and who ascended into the heavens.
"Unless you eat of my flesh and drink of my blood you will not be with me in the next world" Mithras
How could we forget Mithras, of course? Here's a little snippet from the ever-lovin' Wiki:

The mysteries of Mithras were not practiced until the 1st century AD.

Quite the copiers, those early Christians...

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Mar 11

Originally posted by greenpawn34
"But I thought the God of the Bible was fashioned after Horus? "

Wrong. You are not reading it correctly.

The story is all there written in ancient and verified texts.

Horus who roamed Egypt about 3,000 years before JC was the son of God.

Born in a cave to a virgin mother, attened to by 3 wisemen
who folllowed a star from the east. ...[text shortened]... lists is endless....take your pick....You will live forever.
('cept with Darwin. Killjoy)
Born in a cave to a virgin mother...
Horus was born in a swamp.
And, I was under the impression that Osiris was married to Isis (prior to Seth murdering him), thus not a virgin.

attened to by 3 wisemen who folllowed a star from the east.
What is your source for this one? The Bible does not mention the number of men from the east and however many there were, they didn't catch up with Him until much later than at birth in the manger.

Neither was Horus' birth attended, as far as I can tell.

Nor was there a star in the east announcing Horus' birth or birthplace.

He had 12 disciples...
Um, no. He had a group of four minor deities, Heru-Shemsu, who were apparently the ancient equivalent to funeral directors.

...he performed miracles...
We have a winner. One for six so far.

... raised a chap called El-Azarus from the dead. (Lazarus??)
Said chap was El-Osiris--- his father, from whose dead body Horus was said to come forth--- but Horus did not bring him back from the dead.

He was put to death and after 3 days rose up.
If you mean 'got bit by a snake and was then made healthy again,' you are correct. Otherwise, wrong.

So the Jesus story has been copied from old legends the lads heard when they were slaves in Egypt.
Besides these ten pitiful stabs at the New Testament's supposed plagiarism, there are others who went to great lengths in vain attempt to claim even more similarities between the Gospel account and the myths of Horus. If one looks no further than the surface AND is willing to take generous liberalities with the narratives from both, one could easily convince oneself there is something rotten in Denmark.

However, the slightest bit of open-minded skepticism will result in the suggestion being deposited where it rightly belongs: the trash bin.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Mar 11

The story is all there written in ancient and verified texts.
References?

So the Jesus story has been copied from old legends the lads heard
when they were slaves in Egypt.

Maybe, maybe not.

Not. If (a big if) they ever were slaves in Egypt, and if the story had been handed down that long, don't you think there would be Jewish records as well as Egyptian ones?

e4

Moves
18 Mar 11

Hi

References:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen046.html

(if it's on the net then it must be true.) 🙂

Not sure if slaves would have been allowed to keep their own
religion and mingle enough to keep their tales going. They were slaves.

However not 100% convinced that slaves built the Pyramds.
I've seen them, climbed ½ way up one of them, been inside.
I'd say this was total dedication not forced labour.

(Though some of the smaller ones do look 'tatty' as if the art
of builing them had been lost or not yet discovered, perhaps then
slaves were used. Who knows?)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Mar 11

A 3 parter screening on BCC 2 at 9pm tonight.

Might be worth a look.
Evidence (as if we did not already know) that the ancients texts from which
the Bible is made have been tampered with or airbrushed out.

God has/had a wife (Asherah) again hardly startling news.
I read about this years ago but in the pre-programme blurb on R4
they claim to ha ...[text shortened]... mans cannot drink.
Only a woman would come up with that.
God had a wife and she was blonde. 😉
There are no buried secrets in the word of God.

God preserves His word so there's no need to worry.