the bible

the bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jew.

Moves
08 Jun 06
1 edit

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Jun 06

Originally posted by 7ate9
what does the bible mean you?

as a child i found the bible had quite a profound meaning, which i guess was interpreted through my non-judgemental love. as my intelligence grew in the bible later in life, the bible seemed to lose a lot of that good meaning.

when i look at a lot people who write in here i also see this same effect. in our intellect we ge ...[text shortened]... ellect, but it's impossible for some to genuinely increase it. this way, it holds no prejudice.
When I was a child, one of my relatives got me a children's illustrated version of the bible for Christmas. Man, was I upset. What a waste of a present. That was about as good as getting underwear. But at least the underwear would have served some useful purpose.

Jew.

Moves
08 Jun 06

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Jun 06

i guess it's also proportional to the life around you, and also yourself.
Are you implying that me or my life are unsatisfactory because I have no use for a bible?

Jew.

Moves
08 Jun 06

Cape Town

Moves
08 Jun 06

.... people can decrease their intellect, ....
Since you have clearly been extremely successfull in this regard, maybe you could undertake the task of translating the Bible and revealing its hidden truths to those of use who still have inteligence?
And why exactly does God not want inteligent people? (Adam and eve story)

Jew.

Moves
08 Jun 06

Jew.

Moves
08 Jun 06

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
08 Jun 06

what does the bible mean you?
It's an incredible repository of story, although it's kind of dull between Acts and Revelation.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
08 Jun 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
And why exactly does God not want inteligent people? (Adam and eve story)
What does knowledge of Good and Evil have to do with intelligence?