"The Bible Verse No Guy Enjoys Reading"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
C'mon, we've already busted out the flint knives on helpless little kids. You might as well tell it.
Well, I may have overstated the case here, because I've also heard straight women tell the same joke. In fact, I bet most here have heard it at least once.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 16

C'mon, we've already busted out the flint knives on helpless little kids. You might as well tell it.
Ok, ok, but remember, you asked.

Q: What do you call that useless flap of skin at the end of a penis?

A: A man.

Harsh? Maybe. Keep in mind that this is the kind of joke the sisters tell each other when they go out drinking and have had a few.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Apr 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Is one of those your safe word?
I suspect safety is one of the key reasons you want the Earth to be flat.

Honestly dude, gravity is your friend.

rc

Moves
15 Apr 16

Actually they were adults and circumcised a second time. Ouch.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Let's have a citation.

A second time? Why on earth would anybody have to be circumcised a second time? Is that even possible? Is that anything like losing your virginity a second time? 🙄

rc

Moves
15 Apr 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Let's have a citation.

A second time? Why on earth would anybody have to be circumcised a second time? Is that even possible? Is that anything like losing your virginity a second time? 🙄
At that time Jehovah said to Joshua: “Make for yourself flint knives and circumcise the men of Israel again, a second time.”

Joshua 5:2, New world Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 16
1 edit

At that time Jehovah said to Joshua: “Make for yourself flint knives and circumcise the men of Israel again, a second time.”

Joshua 5:2, New world Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
Right.

"At that time the LORD said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time." -- Joshua 5:2, KJV

So I'm interested in hearing your reasoning as to what this "second time" is all about. You didn't answer a single question I posed in my post. You just posted the citation without comment. I'm wondering if you can get behind the literal translation to what it is actually talking about.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 16

They were adults, yes, but not circumcised a second time. Read a bit further. Do you really understand what this chapter (Joshua 5) is talking about?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Apr 16

Circumcised and defeated
Robbie's lost all hope
his wobbly belly shaken
the fiend is on the ropes.

He doesn't know his bible
he barely knows his name
and climbing in a dumpster
hangs his head in shame

(Chorus)

Wobble wobble wobble
wobble wobble wobble.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
15 Apr 16

Ok, ok, but remember, you asked.

Q: What do you call that useless flap of skin at the end of a penis?

A: A man.

Harsh? Maybe. Keep in mind that this is the kind of joke the sisters tell each other when they go out drinking and have had a few.
😲 I'm deeply offended!!!

(Kidding)

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
15 Apr 16

Let's have a citation.

Maybe there were "leftovers" from the first time. 😕

rc

Moves
15 Apr 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Circumcised and defeated
Robbie's lost all hope
his wobbly belly shaken
the fiend is on the ropes.

He doesn't know his bible
he barely knows his name
and climbing in a dumpster
hangs his head in shame

(Chorus)

Wobble wobble wobble
wobble wobble wobble.
lol 😵

rc

Moves
15 Apr 16

Maybe there were "leftovers" from the first time. 😕
nah unfortunately she is correct, man I hate when that happens 😵

rc

Moves
15 Apr 16
1 edit

They were adults, yes, but not circumcised a second time. Read a bit further. Do you really understand what this chapter (Joshua 5) is talking about?
fine, no need to labour the point and yes I understand everything about everything 😵

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
15 Apr 16

Originally posted by yoctobyte
The point I was going to make is, the 'Lord's Assembly' may not mean what it is first taken as (at least for me) and that is being a part of the family of God (or the given religious group)... thus being rejected if you don't have balls.. The following link would suggest that the 'Lord's Assembly' is marriage. If that being the case, it would be hard to ...[text shortened]... sembly-of-the-lord-refer-to

On another note, what would having the Holman Translation matter?
I think that this is pretty important to assessing the passage. There is something of a difference between the mutilated not being able to marry and them not being able to enter heaven. Does anyone have any idea whether this is correct - that the "Lord's assembly" or "congregation of the Lord" means marriage, and that the translation is misleading, or if the writers of the website yoctobyte referred to are mistaken?