The beauty of life

The beauty of life

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
A while back I came out of my house, where there are a number of stone steps, and was greatly surprised to find a single flower growing out of the concrete. It completely befuddled me how it had managed to grow there as there was zero grass or mud. (I took a photo of it on my phone). It survived for a day or two before dying.

Fleeting but beautiful.
I always notice when I see some kind of plant or grass growing out of the cracks in sidewalks and parking lots, and other barren places. There's a beauty in it knowing that it won't last, so I take the time to appreciate it.

But aren't you comparing apples with oranges? Man isn't just a plant or a beast. Man was created in God's image as a living soul with a spirit meant to be in touch with his maker.

There's nothing more beautiful than that.

F

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @secondson
I always notice when I see some kind of plant or grass growing out of the cracks in sidewalks and parking lots, and other barren places. There's a beauty in it knowing that it won't last, so I take the time to appreciate it.

But aren't you comparing apples with oranges? Man isn't just a plant or a beast. Man was created in God's image as a living soul with a spirit meant to be in touch with his maker.

There's nothing more beautiful than that.
Can a life spent "in touch with your maker" still be beautiful without hoping for or believing in an afterlife?

P

Moves
20 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
"The beauty of life does not depend on how happy you are - but on how happy others can be because of you."

Just read that on a friend's 'status' on WhatsApp.

How true is it? As explanations of 'the beauty of life' go, can it be bettered?
that is really quite good

this is a little different, yet simular. '' in giving you receive, and in receiving you give. ''

P

Moves
20 Sep 18

Can a life spent "in touch with your maker" still be beautiful without hoping for or believing in an afterlife?
I think that if you dont believe in an afterlife. that it wouldnt make a difference in your love.

Love is Love, period. Being in touch with your maker, that is your treasure

P

Moves
20 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
A while back I came out of my house, where there are a number of stone steps, and was greatly surprised to find a single flower growing out of the concrete. It completely befuddled me how it had managed to grow there as there was zero grass or mud. (I took a photo of it on my phone). It survived for a day or two before dying.

Fleeting but beautiful.
To me, this is one of the ways God shows us how much He loves us. Something ment JUST FOR YOU. as you said, it was gone the next day. This too is what i like about God. he is happy seeing you found pleasure in it.

P

Moves
20 Sep 18

I am very much a family oriented man and professionally a lot of what I do is about capacity building and training of others - or adding value to their efforts to succeed in what they seek to do - so the idea that the OP proposes rings true for me.

So what's your take on the beauty of life? How do you define it?
i know you were asking chaney that question. but i have to answer what ive seen as beautiful. i was at a rest area, when an Amish family came in. the children and mother went first (to the bathroom), then the father. a young daughter came out and sat on a bench, her feet swinging excitedly. when her dad came out, and about to walk by, she got up and jumped into his arms.

the whole moments just made me smile inside. it was just so beautiful to watch

F

Moves
20 Sep 18

Originally posted by @pudgenik
...the whole moments just made me smile inside. it was just so beautiful to watch
If they hadn't been Amish - or hadn't been Christians of any kind - would it have been "beautiful" in a different way?