The Authority of Paul

The Authority of Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The practical joke [which had absolutely no element of impersonating women in it] and the ensuing apology happened in 2010, that's eight years ago. Why do you insist on mentioning it now in 2018 ~ eight years later ~ seemingly every day?
The irony here of course is that you are the one who keeps bringing it up.

F

Moves
11 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
The irony here of course is that you are the one who keeps bringing it up.
This is not true. Romans1009 has brought it up a few times every week since the beginning of February.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
You think I care if anonymous atheists respect me, an anonymous Christian, on the forum of a chess website?
Who cast the first stone?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The woman is a dangerous liar.
I hate liars.

Your flirting with her on these forums
excludes you from having an unbiased opinion on that issue.
So just keep out of it.
Ay !!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
So in your estimation, 'goats' believe all of scripture and 'sheep' cherry pick? 🙄
Jesus clearly identified who are goats and who are sheep.

The sheep of Christ:
- hear his voice
- they follow his commandments
- they get eternal life.

Goats
- dont hear his voice
- they dont follow his commandments
- they dont get eternal life

If you want eternal life in the Kingdom of God, then become a sheep.

If you want to be saved then profess your faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Mar 18

Jesus clearly identified who are goats and who are sheep.

The sheep of Christ:
- hear his voice
- they follow his commandments
- they get eternal life.

Goats
- dont hear his voice
- they dont follow his commandments
- they dont get eternal life

If you want eternal life in the Kingdom of God, then become a sheep.

If you want to be saved then profess your faith.
You’re obsessed with a parable that you don’t understand. At least try to understand it if you’re going to keep citing it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Mar 18

God is the one who grants spiritual growth to people.
Paul, Peter, Apollos and any other servant of God can only plant and water. God has the divine life. And only He can cause that life to grow within people.

With all this clamor against a servant of God like the Apostle Paul the Christians should beware of over reacting to exalt him.

His own attitude was that he was nothing, as all other faithful servants of God were nothing compared to God who makes people grow in Jesus Christ.

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused the growth.

So then neither is he who plants anything nor he who waters, but God who causes the growth. " ( 1 Cor. 3:6,7)

F

Moves
12 Mar 18

Hey sonship what's that yellow star next to your screen name; do you know?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Hey sonship what's that yellow star next to your screen name; do you know?
Yes, let’s bring that up for the 1,000th time,

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Mar 18

You’re obsessed with a parable that you don’t understand. At least try to understand it if you’re going to keep citing it.
Well explain it to me then.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Mar 18

I’ve already done that and I’ve explained the doctrine behind it countless times. At some point, it becomes pointless and a waste of time,

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Mar 18

I’ve already done that and I’ve explained the doctrine behind it countless times. At some point, it becomes pointless and a waste of time,
No. You provided opinions. Im interested in what Christ said.

T

Moves
12 Mar 18

Romans can't reasonably explain what Matthew 25:31-46 actually says, so he finds ways to avoid doing so. It flies in the face of the core of the doctrine that he has been taught, so at most all he is willing to do is to reiterate the core of the doctrine that he has been taught.This tactic is intellectually dishonest at best.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Romans can't reasonably explain what Matthew 25:31-46 actually says, so he finds ways to avoid doing so. It flies in the face of the core of the doctrine that he has been taught, so at most all he is willing to do is to reiterate the core of the doctrine that he has been taught.This tactic is intellectually dishonest at best.
I've expounded Matthew 25:31-46. And no one I know of has offered an effective counter argument.

That judgment is not the last judgment.
It is the judgment of those living on the earth at the end of the great tribulation. Some of which will be transferred into the millennial age and some of which will go to the lake of fire.

Their judgment is not based upon the gospel preached in the church age concerning the grace of Christ. Their judgment is about how they treated or mistreated the persecuted saints of God during the great tribulation and the time of the Antichrist.

This is the briefest and most concise comment on a subject which calls for much more in depth examination.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
You can claim I haven’t already addressed that all you want but I have. And I’ve explained how salvation by faith alone does not minimize the importance of good works and that good works are evidence of salvation and God’s Holy Spirit indwelling a believer but y’all just don’t want to hear it.

Nor do you want to explain how the thief on the cross obtained salvation, what God’s New Covenant with man was, how your view of salvation is different from the Old Testament, what is meant by the “good news” of Jesus Christ and on and on.

If you would stop and think for two minutes instead of lashing out at the doctrine of salvation by faith alone, you would realize that the only way a saved person would not do good works is if he or she died very shortly after accepting Christ and didn’t have the opportunity to do them (like the thief on the cross.)

God’s Holy Spirit indwells a believer after he or she accepts Christ and works to change his or her heart, leading to an aversion to sin and good works. The only way good works do not result is if the person either dies very shortly after accepting Christ or if his or her acceptance was not sincere.