The Attributes of God

The Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Your tiresome drivel is getting as stale as my breath.
MY tiresome drivel? You have got to be kidding. Did you skip the first umpteen pages of this post?

'God is good and just', according to the bible and Freaky. Super! 'God is eternal', according to the bible and Freaky. Wow! 'God is virtuous and loves mankind, and is just so really, really...well...super', as per biblical scripture. Holy Gosh! I'm sorry, Hal...I must have dozed off right about there. What was I supposed to refute? That the bible says god is good and just and eternal and loves mankind? OK. I'll get right on that.

You do realize that you are also full of it DC.

Yes, we're all quite 'full of it', big fella...at least I am willing to admit it. Are you?

How about something new for a change -- perhaps even non-derogatory.

meh. Chapter 3 verse 16 of the Gospelicious of David C. "Thou shalt be an caustic prick to those that require thy Mighty Slap Upside the Head". It's one of my unrefutable attributes, Hal...why won't you let me be me?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
Some have pointed out the absurdities of his statements. Of course, as so many of us have iterated continually here, it really doesn't matter because his assumption that the Christian God (and really Freak's take on the Christian God) exists makes the whole exercised a nice boring closed loop.

As has been noted, one could do the same thing with Sauron n, something Freak has made impossible with very loose (and often meaningless) language.
That seems to be the point alluding you folks: this thread in particular is a theological discussion, God's existence is taken a priori. I personally would not have had this thread in the first place as there seems to be no appreciation for the spiritual in this forum (except if it's non-Christian).

The spirituality forum is mostly (with a few notable exceptions) about showing the opposition idiotic, scoring points at insulting the beliefs of others, goading for brash replies from the few earnest ones and bullying the less intellectual (or knowledgeable) into a stupor.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Mar 06

That seems to be the point alluding you folks: this thread in particular is a theological discussion, God's existence is taken a priori. I personally would not have had this thread in the first place as there seems to be no appreciation for the spiritual in this forum (except if it's non-Christian)

The spirituality forum is mostly (with a few nota ...[text shortened]... from the few earnest ones and bullying the less intellectual (or knowledgeable) into a stupor.
Jerk.

😛

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by David C
[b]MY tiresome drivel? You have got to be kidding. Did you skip the first umpteen pages of this post?

'God is good and just', according to the bible and Freaky. Super! 'God is eternal', according to the bible and Freaky. Wow! 'God is virtuous and loves mankind, and is just so really, really...well...super', as per biblical scripture. Holy Gosh! I'm so ...[text shortened]... e Head". It's one of my unrefutable attributes, Hal...why won't you let me be me?[/b]
It may have been drivel to you, but I didn't see any small print clause stating that everything in this forum should suite your taste. Perhaps I'm wrong in appealing to your compassion, since I (perhaps wrongly) believe that we are all capable of it, but why, if you can't challenge something intellectually must you make fun of it, or even better, poke the stupid a-hole with a stick in the eye?

Yes, I know this is just an internet forum and anybody who takes this seriously qualifies for psychiatric examination; who cares what we say or don't say, who we insult or don't insult?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by telerion
Jerk.

😛
I know. I'm having one of those downers again, where it's me against the rest of the world.

s

Moves
14 Mar 06

The spirituality forum is mostly (with a few notable exceptions) about showing the opposition idiotic, scoring points at insulting the beliefs of others, goading for brash replies from the few earnest ones and bullying the less intellectual (or knowledgeable) into a stupor.
I agree. 😞 It's really depressing.