The Apocaholic Chicken and the Egg

The Apocaholic Chicken and the Egg

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@FMF
You mean you don't want to talk about YOUR spirituality of making religion out of your faith in naturalism and technological advancement and Darwinism - and all the things which make God unnecessary in your Spirituality.
You can talk about it if you want. I wonder why you want to rinse all useful meaning out of the words "religion" and "religious".

Judaism, Islam, Ice Hockey, Christianity. etc.

Personally, I don't even think Buddhism is a religion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

This guy near the beginning of the video boasting how he was "debaptized"

The godless church and the atheists taking the US by storm

&ab_channel=TheGuardian

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Are people who are pessimistic and misanthropic about the human condition and the state of the world often drawn to religious beliefs that feed their pessimism and misanthropy, or does religion too often turn some people into pessimists and misanthropes?
Apocaholic?

Did you invent a new word?

Sounds like you had a few apocaholic drinks before creating this thread.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
08 Feb 22

@fmf said
Do you think that Christians who anticipate the 'end times' with some eagerness and impatience are misanthropic?
No, but then I cannot read the minds of others.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
08 Feb 22

@fmf said
Do you believe we can generalize about most or all non-believers based on your experience?
Generalizing is generally a waste of time. I prefer to do tactics training, since I have some tournaments in the future.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Feb 22

@mchill said
Are people who are pessimistic and misanthropic about the human condition and the state of the world often drawn to religious beliefs that feed their pessimism and misanthropy

The short answer is - No. As a Christian I'm quite optimistic about the human condition, and as to the state of the world, I'm confident it is unfolding in keeping with God's plan.

Non-believe ...[text shortened]... esus, and the beginning of Gods kingdom on earth.

Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10🙂
As a non believer, that is not how I see the world at all. I have great optimism for the future of the human race as we progress further into science and space exploration, a future that will evolve away from religion and paper money.