the age of the universe

the age of the universe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
28 Apr 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
i dont need the bible, i have this to protect me. it keeps my mind pure and free of all fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQxt9kSY0jU
what have i done to you why are you doing this?

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
28 Apr 12

Originally posted by tim88
for all of you believers

the age of the universe is only if the big bang happened and everything started from scratch? - BUT if god made everything it's a different story! there could be no telling of the age ? except in the holy bible
The Biblical account was demolished with Lyell's Geology early in the Nineteenth Century and long before anything resembling the Big Bang Theory was conceived.

t

Moves
28 Apr 12

Originally posted by finnegan
The Biblical account was demolished with Lyell's Geology early in the Nineteenth Century and long before anything resembling the Big Bang Theory was conceived.
back it up? or piss off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t

Moves
28 Apr 12

i said back it up? or piss off

t

Moves
28 Apr 12

If we have the possibility of knowing the truth, why would we choose to be deceived? (Isiah Berlin)

When you want to know the truth, you do not care who is right. (Richard Feynman)

If you want to tell the truth then you had better make it funny. (Rory Bremner)

A man may imagine things that are false but he can only understand things that are true. (Isaac Newton)

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence (Christopher Hitchins)
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kiss my ass (tim88!)

Moves
28 Apr 12
1 edit

sorry gf is a Google fudge 🙄
Are you ok?

You seem to be becoming unhinged from reality... Well more than usually unhinged from reality.

I had not yet posted in this ridiculous thread, and this is not the first time you have responded
to someone else while seeming to be responding to me.

Have you forgotten to take your medication?

t

Moves
28 Apr 12

you proved to me you know nothing about organic chemistry remember?

Moves
28 Apr 12

sorry gf is a Google fudge 🙄
its easy to tell us apart he's the erudite one and im the good looking one, i hope this helps.

t

Moves
28 Apr 12

its easy to tell us apart he's the erudite one and im the good looking one, i hope this helps.
what? so your GF?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
28 Apr 12

i dont need the bible, i have this to protect me. it keeps my mind pure and free of all fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQxt9kSY0jU
I hope your proud of yourself, Tim's only gone n signed up😠

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
29 Apr 12

I am a believer in God but we have consider some issues such as "The light travel time problem" I don't think that light traveled at a higher speed in the past it's not the best argument. This would be deception I think. However I do allow that God being supernatural could have created the universe anyway He desired but I can't accept a deceptive creator so there has to be another answer.

Manny

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by menace71
I am a believer in God but we have consider some issues such as "The light travel time problem" I don't think that light traveled at a higher speed in the past it's not the best argument. This would be deception I think. However I do allow that God being supernatural could have created the universe anyway He desired but I can't accept a deceptive creator so there has to be another answer.

Manny
Not to mention that you'd have to throw out the Theory of Relativity in the process. 😛

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Not to mention that you'd have to throw out the Theory of Relativity in the process. 😛
True 🙂

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
29 Apr 12

Right time and space are like a fabric I understand so what if God just stretched and warped space to give distance? The speed of light need not change. Someone else has suggested this I think.

Manny

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
29 Apr 12

If we have the possibility of knowing the truth, why would we choose to be deceived? (Isiah Berlin)

When you want to know the truth, you do not care who is right. (Richard Feynman)

If you want to tell the truth then you had better make it funny. (Rory Bremner)

A man may imagine things that are false but he can only understand things that are true. ...[text shortened]... ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kiss my ass (tim88!)
I regret that your suggestion (although it is not without merit) does not fit comfortably with the other quotes on my profile page but thank you for reading it and taking an interest.