The acid test of Christianity

The acid test of Christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
02 Sep 11
2 edits

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
don't mind him, he's not a real christian and doesn't know about the doctrine of 'turn the other cheek' and 'bless your enemies.'

but i imagine only the government has guns in your country. that's real smart. it's only a matter of time before you become the absolute property of the government, if you aren't already.
Oh you can buy a gun, just not from Walmart. Everyone is subject to the government
in some form or other, from traffic laws to paying taxes, i dont see how owning a gun is
going to make the slightest difference to any of that. You sound like one of those guys
from Montana who have their own private militia and think having policemen is a
conspiracy and an infringement of your rights.

rc

Moves
02 Sep 11
5 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Michael Moore is a propagandist who masquerades as an investigative
reporter making documentary films to spread his political views by
hook or crook. I really didn't know that the citizens of Britian did not
have to the right to own guns. There are many liberals in the Democratic
Party here that keep pushing to ban gun ownership and that in just one
o ...[text shortened]... hose in favor of abortion have no problem with how the baby is killed
in the abortion process.
a simple, no i haven't seen it would suffice. So there is no correlation to the violence in
your country and its predilection towards owning guns, i see - feels bum to make sure
he is still alive and not dreaming - yes everything seems to be in order.

Here people throw eggs and flour at politicians they dont like, in America, you shoot
them down on Sunday afternoons in front of their families, you aught to be ashamed
of yourselves, acting like that. Why anyone wouldn't want to live in a society that did
not have guns, is inconceivable.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
a simple, no i haven't seen it would suffice. So there is no correlation to the violence in
your country and its predilection towards owning guns, i see - feels bum to make sure
he is still alive and not dreaming - yes everything seems to be in order.

Here people throw eggs and flour at politicians they dont like, in America, you shoot
th ...[text shortened]... at. Why anyone wouldn't want to live in a society that did
not have guns, is inconceivable.
Here guns are also used for recreational purposes, like quick-draw,
trick-shooting, and various shooting competitions.

rc

Moves
02 Sep 11
2 edits

Here guns are also used for recreational purposes, like quick-draw,
trick-shooting, and various shooting competitions.
yes indeed but either you are missing the point or you are being evasive, let me
reiterate, is their a correlation between instances of violence and your predilection
towards owning guns. That you are free to wield a gun is not the issue, its written into
your constitution, based may I hasten to add partially on a much earlier document,
penned by Scottish nobles in 1320 and addressed to the Pope, the deceleration of
Arbroath.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Sep 11
1 edit

o ...[text shortened]... hose in favor of abortion have no problem with how the baby is killed
in the abortion process.
People can own guns here in the UK, a strict vetting procedure is in place though. Only shotguns or hunting rifles are allowed though i believe.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Sep 11

in the abortion process.
Another reason is abortion, including late-term abortions where the doctor pulls the baby out just far enough to puncture the neck below the skull and then suck the babies brain out.

Who the hell told you that?!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Sep 11

yes indeed but either you are missing the point or you are being evasive, let me
reiterate, is their a correlation between instances of violence and your predilection
towards owning guns. That you are free to wield a gun is not the issue, its written into
your constitution, based may I hasten to add partially on a much earlier document,
penned by Scottish nobles in 1320 and addressed to the Pope, the deceleration of
Arbroath.
No, at least I don't think so.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Sep 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
People can own guns here in the UK, a strict vetting procedure is in place though. Only shotguns or hunting rifles are allowed though i believe.
That's no fun. It is hard to be a real cowboy without a hand gun to
practice quick-draw.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Sep 11
1 edit

[b]Another reason is abortion, including late-term abortions where the doctor pulls the baby out just far enough to puncture the neck below the skull and then suck the babies brain out.

Who the hell told you that?![/b]
Former nurses of abortion doctors testified to what they had witnessed
because they could not take it anymore. This procedure was banned in 2003.
But they still kill the babies by other means anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-Birth_Abortion_Ban_Act

You can see pictures of aborted babies at the following link:

http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources/photosassorted/

P

Moves
02 Sep 11

Former nurses of abortion doctors testified to what they had witnessed
because they could not take it anymore. This procedure was banned in 2003.
But they still kill the babies by other means anyway.

You can see pictures of aborted babies at the following link:

Where does it say, or even suggest, "just far enough to puncture the neck below the skull and then suck the babies brain out. "?

And yes, partial birth abortion does sound pretty gruesome. I am wondering what the alternatives are, whether they are safer for the mother and when they became available.

Why would you want to be showing us pictures of aborted faetuses? In what way does it inform the discussion? Seems like an attempt at cheap emotional blackmail to me. What a dead baby looks like is irrelevant to the discussion.

P

Moves
02 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
[b]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-Birth_Abortion_Ban_Act

Where does it say, or even suggest, "just far enough to puncture the neck below the skull and then suck the babies brain out. "?

And yes, partial birth abortion does sound pretty gruesome. I am wondering what the alternatives are, whether they are safer for the mother and when th ...[text shortened]... cheap emotional blackmail to me. What a dead baby looks like is irrelevant to the discussion.[/b]
Found a more graphic description that does cover suction of the brain:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/abortion/medical/methods_1.shtml

All the surgical methods sound fairly horrific to be honest. I suspect they involve no experience of trauma to the fetus though, just emotional scarring to the mother. It's a difficult decision for the parents to make but it must still in the end be their decision.

These are the methods used in the UK:

http://www.btinternet.com/~devans_23/ab_meth.htm

They don't include partial birth abortion and all the nasty ones are done under general anesthetic.

--- Penguin.

rc

Moves
02 Sep 11

yes, its twoo!

D

Moves
02 Sep 11

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
03 Sep 11

Oh you can buy a gun, just not from Walmart. Everyone is subject to the government
in some form or other, from traffic laws to paying taxes, i dont see how owning a gun is
going to make the slightest difference to any of that. You sound like one of those guys
from Montana who have their own private militia and think having policemen is a
conspiracy and an infringement of your rights.
no, i'm one of those guys who think that the people should have power over the government and not the other way around. in fact, the role of government should be minimal if at all, delegated to civic duties of removing the garbage, maintaining infrastructure and such.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
no, i'm one of those guys who think that the people should have power over the government and not the other way around. in fact, the role of government should be minimal if at all, delegated to civic duties of removing the garbage, maintaining infrastructure and such.
I somewhat agree with you except I would say that the most important
role of the Government is to provide defense against foreign aggression.
Like when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and declared war on the USA.
That ended with the use of atomic bombs. Today, Japan is one of our
best friends.

P.S. I believe Jesus will use His version of atomic bombs when He returns
to deal with His enemies and the enemies of His people.