1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 22:19
    a person restricted to a wheelchair would love to be told he could go out and run for miles but a person who has legs would most likely hate to run, are they taking the ability to walk/run for granted? dont you feel we should be more greatful and make use of the things we have that others dont, cuz if we dont its going to waste.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 22:20
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    a person restricted to a wheelchair would love to be told he could go out and run for miles but a person who has legs would most likely hate to run, are they taking the ability to walk/run for granted? dont you feel we should be more greatful and make use of the things we have that others dont, cuz if we dont its going to waste.
    No. Your argument is full of non sequiturs.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 22:20
    Yes, you're right. I appreciate all that I have every day.
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 22:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Yes, you're right. I appreciate all that I have every day.
    well i ask that because i dont, and i probably should.
  5. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 06:03
    well i ask that because i dont, and i probably should.
    I think everyone of us, one way or the other, would take things for granted. The question is: to what extent? My dad had a heart attack when he was 52. Doctors found that 2 of his arteries were block; one totally, and the other 70%. For the next few days while waiting for his trauma to stabilise, he was in the hospital bed feeling sorry for himself. He regretted how he has abused his body all those years. After all, he never cared about counting calories. He smoked 4 packets of cigarettes per day etc. He was allergic to practically any type of exercise. Well, perhaps with the exception of having sex. He felt it's not fair if the good Lord takes his life then. He had a lot more to do in this world, he said. BUT! now he said IF he makes it, he will change. He will quit smoking, and start doing exercises.

Then he had a procedure known as the angioplasty. It worked wonderfully! Within a few days, he was up on his feet again. And then within 6 months, he was again back to being a chimney. He smoked 4 packets of cigarettes per day. He reckoned it's OK, he's as good as new! Oh how quickly can one forget?

Well, at the age of 60 he had another heart attack. And this time, no angioplasty could help him. He had to go through an 'open' heart surgery which was more intrusive, and therefore more dangerous. And again he regretted and made promises to change his ways. And again he made it through the surgery. Now one year later, he's back to his old ways again. People just never learn, you see. They take things for granted. Maybe, and only maybe, they get to regret only when it's too late.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:54
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    I think everyone of us, one way or the other, would take things for granted. The question is: to what extent? My dad had a heart attack when he was 52. Doctors found that 2 of his arteries were block; one totally, and the other 70%. For the next few days while waiting for his trauma to stabilise, he was in the hospital bed feeling sorry for himself. He regr ...[text shortened]... ke things for granted. Maybe, and only maybe, they get to regret only when it's too late.
    hes going to die of a heart attack.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 08:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree