Take the test

Take the test

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
07 Jun 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
I failed the test. I had to exit after I said laws of science do not exist.
Did you fail the test or did god fail it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 08

Originally posted by Sushill
Did you fail the test or did god fail it?
According to this site, if there is a God, then there must be laws of science. And if there are not laws of science, then God must not exist. So God fails the test.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
08 Jun 08

Originally posted by josephw
http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/
"You have likely heard that it is impossible to prove that God exists. You have heard wrong"

Yeah... that's not much of an objective test now, is it?

S

Moves
08 Jun 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
According to this site, if there is a God, then there must be laws of science. And if there are not laws of science, then God must not exist. So God fails the test.
Thank you.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
08 Jun 08

The only redeeming feature of that test is that it dumped me on the Disney.co.jp website after it finished.

Like Fabs, I got to the absolute morality point and had to say "no".

In fact, the correct answer must be "no", for any Christian, look at the OT. Things that are morally wrong now were morally acceptable then. If that is to be the case, absolute morals do not exist.

Consider yourself educated.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
08 Jun 08

First question - does absolute truth exist? I answered "IDK".

Second question - you don't know if absolute truth exists. Is this absolutely true - or is it false?

That's the false dilemma fallacy. Your website fails to be logical.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jun 08

Originally posted by bbarr
I received the following message:

[b]To reach this page you had to acknowledge that immaterial, universal, unchanging laws of logic, mathematics, science, and absolute morality exist. Universal, immaterial, unchanging laws are necessary for rational thinking to be possible. Universal, immaterial, unchanging laws cannot be accounted for if the universe was r ...[text shortened]... sts. Are you on a quest to find religious idiots on the internet and report their "findings"?
Actually I'm on a quest to expose the lunacy that God doesn't exist. If it happens that a few loony Christians are exposed, so be it.

I hadn't realised that because the universe is not random and not wholly material, that it is fallacious to the conclusion that it was created by God.

After all, evolution claims that life came into existence randomly. Why should it not be concluded that it is fallacious to claim that order came from disorder?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
The only redeeming feature of that test is that it dumped me on the Disney.co.jp website after it finished.

Like Fabs, I got to the absolute morality point and had to say "no".

In fact, the correct answer must be "no", for any Christian, look at the OT. Things that are morally wrong now were morally acceptable then. If that is to be the case, absolute morals do not exist.

Consider yourself educated.
Where did you get educated? If there are moral absolutes, then it can only be logically concluded that those moral absolutes are always the same at any time and place.

Your assertion that what is morally wrong now, but was morally right then, is pure convoluted relativism.

The denial of the existence of universal absolute truth is irrational. If it were true you could know nothing for sure. Any argument for anything would collapse without truth to support it. It's a no brainer!

Are you learning anything yet? 😉

F

Moves
08 Jun 08
2 edits

Where did you get educated? If there are moral absolutes, then it can only be logically concluded that those moral absolutes are always the same at any time and place.

Your assertion that what is morally wrong now, but was morally right then, is pure convoluted relativism.

The denial of the existence universal absolute truth is irrational. If it were ...[text shortened]... d collapse without truth to support it. It's a no brainer!

You seem to have the false assumption that there are absolute morals. I cannot think of one moral that is absolute and garantee that it doesn't change over culture or time. Can you?

If not, then the proof that god exists is totally wrong. That is what we learn of this. What do you learn?

I once wrote "Yes, in my culture female circumcision is awfully morally wrong, I am dead sure. How can you think otherwise?" and you didn't answer that. How can you defend female circumcision ???

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
08 Jun 08

Overloaded words and failure to account for any nuance at all. Also predictable.

FAIL

s

Moves
08 Jun 08

...After all, evolution claims that life came into existence randomly.....
Joseph, I despair of you sometimes. Have you not yet learnt what evolution is and is not, after all the debates on this site, all the arguments, and the odd glimmer of hope sometimes that shows you are starting to think about it, then you come out with some statement like this? I put my head in my hands and give a despairing little cry; please please think for yourself :- and I know it is a struggle but try to recapture the idea that evolution is not claiming anything about abiogenesis, and the outcome of evolution is not random. I really don't know where you get these ideas that you trot out; but it really shows that you still don't get it; and this is the basic stuff here.

s

Moves
08 Jun 08
1 edit

The denial of the existence of universal absolute truth is irrational. If it we ...[text shortened]... d collapse without truth to support it. It's a no brainer!

Like FabianFnas, please give an example of ONE moral 'absolute'.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jun 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You seem to have the false assumption that there are absolute morals. I cannot think of one moral that is absolute and garantee that it doesn't change over culture or time. Can you?

If not, then the proof that god exists is totally wrong. That is what we learn of this. What do you learn?

I once wrote "Yes, in my culture female circumcision is awfull ...[text shortened]... you think otherwise?" and you didn't answer that. How can you defend female circumcision ???
You're beginning to sound like thinkofone.

You have obviously received your education within the last 20 years or so. The idea that there are no absolutes is bogus, and I pity the mind that is unaware of it.

F

Moves
08 Jun 08

You have obviously received your education within the last 20 years or so. The idea that there are no absolutes is bogus, and I pity the mind that is unaware of it.
Now you showed your real face. It wasn't pretty.

Your rules of thumb is the following:
(#1) I am always right, because I am better than every one else.
(#2) If it happens that I'm not right, see (#1).

T

Moves
08 Jun 08

In what way does he sound like thinkofone?

I've never said anything like what was posted.