1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:511 edit
    @FMF

Ethics and religion can be like a breaking system. It is good that a breaking system of striving to be good prevents society from sinking completely into moral disintegration.

At what point such becomes hostility to the Gospel may be different.

You have labored to call God - Magic and belief in God the belief in Magic. That I regard as blasphemous opposition to God's Gospel.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:53
    @sonship said
    At what point such becomes hostility to the Gospel may be different.
    "Hostility"? When it comes to the Gospel, I am a non-believer ~ in terms of the supernatural dimension.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:551 edit
    @sonship said
    You have labored to call God - Magic and belief in God the belief in Magic. That I regard as blasphemous opposition to God's Gospel.
    So what? Wouldn't I need to share your beliefs in order for you saying this me to have any meaning or impact on me? Are you using the word "blasphemous" here so that your fellow Christians read it?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:551 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Or perhaps just the deployment of figurative language.

Culture changes language.

A Xerox is a word to express something in a new culture.
    To use an "app" is also related to a new culture.

To "download" or "upload" are also expressions to convey actions taken regularly in a new culture. To transmit expresses something of the technology of that culture. To use GPS or get a FAX use a FLOPPY or copy a CD also are words usages and phrases of a new culture to 300 years ago. You understand what I mean, I think.

When a culture changes, new expressions arrive.

Living in the realm of the resurrected and living Jesus Christ is a new culture, so to speak. And thus the New Testament, which is the new covenant, contains some new expressions to the world.

The arrival of a new culture caused the writers to have to come up with some new sounding expressions to convey the realities of that new culture - a culture of men and women living in union with the Son of God.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:561 edit
    @sonship said
    If we let Christ work in us, wroughting Himself into us we will not nullify the wonderful grace of God to degrade and discard the fallen man we inherited from Adam's collapse into the sinning nature infesting us since Adam.
    Do you urge Christians to always be striving for good and to be good?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:58
    @sonship said
    Ethics and religion can be like a breaking system. It is good that a breaking system of striving to be good prevents society from sinking completely into disintegration.
    Is this a 'yes' or 'no' to the questions on the previous page that you seem to be blocking out?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:01
    @FMF

Make a point if you want. You don't need to phrase it as a question.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:04
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Make a point if you want. You don't need to phrase it as a question.
    So you are refusing to answer the questions, is that it?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:07
    @sonship said
    The faith is even Christ's faith, as some interpret. We have no faith. He has to be the believing one FOR us. This is rather mysterious.

" ... and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith"

Whose faith Paul?

"the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Some understand that to be Jesus Christ's FAITH which He h ...[text shortened]... y the grace of God; for it righteousness is through the law, then Christ has died for nothing." [/b]
    More preaching designed to encourage sin, unrighteousness and disobedience to the commandments of Christ.

If you had an ounce of honesty you would also quote where Paul said that born-again Christian Saints in Christ who live sinfully will not inherit the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Christ. They are cast out.

The Grace of God which is eternal life through Christ, is given to all who are OBEY AND KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

Your doctrine is unadulterated Satanic hogwash, cherry picked from the writings of Paul.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:09
    @FMF

I urge Christians to abide in Christ. So then we too can learn to say with Paul the pioneer of these things - "it is Christ who lives in me".

That is how Christ also taught. We have to take Him in and ingest the living and available Jesus, to live because of Him.

"As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me shall also live because of Me." (John 6:57)

I urge everyone to see that Jesus is alive. Secondly to let Jesus come into their hearts through faith. Thirdly to look away to Jesus and not at your own resources. Take Him into every part of your soul more and more - eating Him.

If we enjoy Jesus in this way we will live because of Jesus.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:11
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I urge Christians to abide in Christ. So then we too can learn to say with Paul the pioneer of these things - "it is Christ who lives in me"
    Do you also urge your fellow Christians to always be striving for good? 
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:131 edit
    @Rajk999

More preaching designed to encourage sin, unrighteousness and disobedience to the commandments of Christ.

No, like the New Testament, we are to turn our whole being over TO Jesus Christ. That He may spontaneously flow out of our being so that we express Christ.

The one with a vested interest in denying God will of course stand by in accusation that no Jesus is being lived or expressed.

And the one trusting in his own self effort will concoct an excuse that we don't need even Jesus to be living. We just grit our teeth and imitate Jesus like a dog walking on its hind legs as a man.

This he calls following the commands of Christ.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:15
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

No, like the New Testament, we are to turn our whole being over TO Jesus Christ. That He may spontaneously flow out of our being so that we express Christ.

The one with a vested interest in denying God will of course stand by in accusatio ...[text shortened]... sus like a dog walking on its hind legs as a man.

This he calls following the commands of Christ.
    More delusional foolishness completely alien to Christ.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:18
    Is it OK for a Christian to be NOT always striving for good?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 13:212 edits
    @FMF

If you have a point you would like to voice, just state it.
    You do not always need to phrase it as a question.

My point - The core of the Christian life and even the proper human life is to be in union with the living God.

From the beginning God presented Himself to man as a "tree of life". In the end of the Bible the same "tree of life" prevails and remains for eternity - the FOOD of the saved for eternity.

It conveys that God wants to get in on the inside of man's being and become one with man in a united and mingled way.

God mingled with man totally occurred in history. It occurred in the Person of Jesus Christ - the man who was God become a man - a man who lived God.

Jesus Christ is therefore the standard model of what God intended in human beings.

The eternal purpose of God is to mass produce sons of God from the prototype the standard model of His Firstborn Son.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:29)

If you have something positive to contribute to the issue of spirituality you need not always package it in a question. State your positive or contrarian to me contribution or opinion otherwise held.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree