Stop Explaining To The Narcicist

Stop Explaining To The Narcicist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
My point of view is that you are not a liar when it comes to your beliefs.
So YOU don't know and Christians who come with the teaching of Jesus are sincerely deluded.

Could be.
Then again maybe that's just the thoughts of man who has been in the dark so long that he's afraid of the light.

Ie. "Nobody else could know what I don't know. And I don't know God."

F

Moves
09 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
But you don't impress me as a man with a more sober grasp of reality than Jesus Christ.
Choose Jesus then, sonship. I have never asked me to choose me.

F

Moves
09 Jul 18

So YOU don't know and Christians who come with the teaching of Jesus are sincerely deluded.
I am not a Christian, if that's what you are getting at. I don't believe the same things you believe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 18

Choose Jesus then, sonship. I have never asked me to choose me.
Good advice. I do.

And He said "Go into all the world and preach the gospel ...".

Guess what I do?

F

Moves
09 Jul 18

Then again maybe that's just the thoughts of man who has been in the dark so long that he's afraid of the light.
I don't think anything you say qualifies as "light" ~ I wish it did ~ and none of your 'non-believers hung out burning on chains' and aliens from other planets deterred stuff makes me "afraid".

F

Moves
09 Jul 18

Good advice. I do.

And He said [b] "Go into all the world and preach the gospel ...".

Guess what I do?[/b]
I have never accused you of lying about your religious beliefs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 18

I am not a Christian, if that's what you are getting at. I don't believe the same things you believe.
I am not an atheist, if that's what you're getting at.
I don't have the same unbeliefs as you do.

If that is what you're getting at.

F

Moves
09 Jul 18

You don't impress me as a man with a clearer mind on the nature of the most important issues of human life, its origin, it destinies then the writers of the New Testament.
The feeling is mutual, sonship. I have been imploring you for years to talk about "the most important issues of human life" but you just talk about supernatural things.

F

Moves
09 Jul 18

I am not an atheist, if that's what you're getting at.
I don't have the same unbeliefs as you do.

If that is what you're getting at.
Exactly. And that's why I can see the complete and utter heart of darkness at the very core on your superstitious beliefs. I wonder where you get your moral compass from.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 18

Exactly. And that's why I can see the complete and utter heart of darkness at the very core on your superstitious beliefs. I wonder where you get your moral compass from.
I don't wonder where you get yours from.

F

Moves
09 Jul 18

I don't wonder where you get yours from.
That just about sums you up - and the difference between us - doesn't it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 18
1 edit

That just about sums you up - and the difference between us - doesn't it?
It sums up the New Testament some.

F

Moves
09 Jul 18
1 edit

It sums up the New Testament.
It sums you up. And it was a pretty narcissistic thing for you to say, as you will know. On-topic then.

I believe you have pretty much the same moral compass as me and have got it from pretty much the same sources.

The Bible has been part of the environments from which both of us have been socialized as moral agents.

That's nurture. And we have whatever influence from nature too.

Your stuff about torture and chains and wrath and vengeance and people on other planets and burning people and hoping the world ends sooner or later ~ despite the billions of humans that would be destroyed ~ is, I think, a kind of psychological burden you've saddled yourself with.

But I believe, if push were to come to shove, you'd instinctively ditch all that ghastly superstitious stuff, and be guided by more or less the same simple trusty moral principles that I have been guided by, both as a Christian and as a non-Christian.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 18
3 edits

The Bible has been part of the environments from which both of us have been socialized as moral agents.

So has mathematics something related to our culture and socialization. And 2 + 2 still equals 4.

That something is related to socialization or environment doesn't necessarily mean that truth is not conveyed.

Let me know when you have something better than Jesus Christ and His life and teaching. He certainly has touched many cultures and societies over long tested centuries.

Besides, the most influential ministries on my Christian life came out of mainland China in the 20th century. - Atypical for Western civilization.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 18
1 edit

FMF let me know when you have something better than Christ and the Gospel of Christ, to live by.

I mean your humble "I don't know" is only of so much use to me.