Spirituality & Buoyancy

Spirituality & Buoyancy

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

Buoyancy: The ability or tendency of something to float (and not sink); a cheerful and optimistic attitude or disposition (that bubbles to the surface).

To what degree do your spiritual beliefs provide you with buoyancy?

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
Buoyancy: The ability or tendency of something to float (and not sink); a cheerful and optimistic attitude or disposition (that bubbles to the surface).

Reading the allegedly spiritual stuff in this forum leaves me deflated and in need of air.

rain

Moves
04 Sep 16
4 edits

Christians once believed that if a woman was a witch, she'd float. Jesus walked on water; did they believe he's a witch? Or is it one of those things that's a sin for women and not men, since Peter also walked on water?

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by vivify
Christians once believed that if a woman was a witch, she'd float. Jesus walked on water; did they believe he's a witch? Or is it one of those things that's a sin for women and not men, since Peter also walked on water?
Your cheerfulness has bubbled to the surface. 😵

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF

To what degree does your 'gut feeling' about God provide you with buoyancy?

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF

Are spiritual bouncy and spiritual depth two sides of the same coin?

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
To what degree does your 'gut feeling' about God provide you with buoyancy?
I'd say not at all. But I think there's potentially a lot more to the exercise of the human spirit than simply settling for one of the packages of explanations/instructions offered by religions. Although I was content to be a Christian for many years, losing those beliefs has been a positive experience and, sometimes, engaging with religious ideologues (in venues like this one) can make that whole process feel like it was ~ metaphorically speaking ~ a kind of floating up to the surface or coming up for air (and staying there).

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF

None. I get sent str8 to rock bottom