1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 14:051 edit
    Spiritual Truth Poll

o It's out there; I've always wanted to know it and don't plan to stop now.[1]

o There's no such thing; I'll construct my own postulates, paradigms and principles.[2]

o Maybe it's 'out there', maybe it's not; I'm turned off by all the religious hypocrites.[3]

o I don't give a flying leap about 'spiritual truth' or 'god(s)'; I'm happy just being alive.[4]

o All of the above, except the first.[5]

o Prefer to abstain from voting in this poll; I'm a very private person and it's invaisive.[6]

o None of the above.[7]

Polling Notes: a) No internet links to bible verses or quotes from other so-called definitive sources, church blogs or clergy; b) No Smileys; they're intrusive and distracting; c) No Personal Attacks. Please Respect the Opinions and Points of View of Other RHP Members. Results should provide an interesting (and maybe surprising) profile. Thanks.
    -
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 14:11
    Please define 'spiritual truth' at least approximately as its a term I do not know.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 14:27
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Spiritual Truth Poll

o There's no such thing; I'll construct my own postulates, paradigms and principles.[2]

o Maybe it's 'out there', maybe it's not; I'm turned off by all the religious hypocrites.[3]

o I don't give a flying leap about 'spiritual truth' or ...[text shortened]... ults should provide an interesting (and maybe surprising) profile. Thanks.
    -[/b]
    (2)
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 17:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Please define 'spiritual truth' at least approximately as its a term I do not know.
    Here's an open address of a site that may be of help:

http://www.google.com/

Let's hope the excursion increases in your knowledge.
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 19:17
    I think it's a bit like military intelligence or political honesty.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 20:35
    Bit of 1 and 2 mainly.... except the "out there" bit.
    "In here" is where I'm aiming for.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 20:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Bit of 1 and 2 mainly.... except the "out there" bit.
    "In here" is where I'm aiming for.
    [acid honest to a fault]
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 21:03
    Here's an open address of a site that may be of help:

http://www.google.com/

Let's hope the excursion increases in your knowledge.
    As always, it appears you have no interest in genuine discussion, but only want to push your religion. I regret to say I cannot honestly answer your poll as I don't understand the question and you seem to have no interest in explaining it.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 21:421 edit

As always, it appears you have no interest in genuine discussion, but only want to push your religion. I regret to say I cannot honestly answer your poll as I don't understand the question and you seem to have no interest in explaining it.
    Easy there, twhit. Responding to an Informal Spiritual Truth Poll shouldn't present much difficulty for a Prolific RHP Spirituality Forum Poster such as yourself. Those unable to participate honestly may wish to opt for spectatator status or, simply, ignore the thread.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 23:381 edit
    [b]Spiritual Truth Poll

o I don't give a flying leap about 'spiritual truth' or ults should provide an interesting (and maybe surprising) profile. Thanks.
    -[/b]
    None of the above? But I dunno. You decide. Is there a prize?

A spiritual truth is as true as any truth there is. But it may not be either "out there" (1) or "in here" (2). It may lie in the connections between the "in here" and the "out there." In fact, knowing the spiritual truths may depend on having the right connections. 😀

(3) is a compound sentence and so may be answered yes to part 1 of it and no to part 2 of it.

I have a hard time buying a "yes" vote for (4) by anyone who frequents this forum.

(5) gets a "huh?"

I also have a hard time buying a "yes" vote on (6) from anyone who bothers to respond.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 01:11
    [b]Spiritual Truth Poll

o I don't give a flying leap about 'spiritual truth' or ...[text shortened]... ults should provide an interesting (and maybe surprising) profile. Thanks.
    -[/b]
    [8]
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 01:27
    Originally posted by JS357

None of the above? But I dunno. You decide. Is there a prize?

A spiritual truth is as true as any truth there is. But it may not be either "out there" (1) or "in here" (2). It may lie in the connections between the "in here" and the "out there." In fact, knowing the spiritual truths may depend on having the right connections. 😀

(3) is a compound sentence ...[text shortened]... I also have a hard time buying a "yes" vote on (6) from anyone who bothers to respond.
    Read a small book by Golfing Great, Ben Hogan, in my teens

which contained One Central Piece of Professional Advice:

to paraphrase, 'Go for Distance First; then, Focus on Getting the Ball in the Fairway'.

Apparently, you've read the same book (more than once).

JS, You're Still On the Tee >>>>>>> how about a hole in one [o]
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 01:29
    Originally posted by kevcvs57

[8]
    Apparently, We Have a Rugged Individualist in Our Midst.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 06:02
    Apparently, We Have a Rugged Individualist in Our Midst.
    "Rugged Individualist in Our Midst." with a deep seated fear of commitment.😉
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 06:101 edit
    Easy there, twhit. Responding to an Informal Spiritual Truth Poll shouldn't present much difficulty for a Prolific RHP Spirituality Forum Poster such as yourself.
    I merely wanted you to explain what you mean by the term 'spiritual truth' in your question. It is not self explanatory and I am not at all clear about what you mean by it. Searching for it on google is not going to edify me on the matter, any more than looking up 'God' will tell me what your concept of God is. That you seem reluctant to explain it, even in one or two sentences is strange. Do you want honest answers to your poll or not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree