Spiritual Experiences on Drugs

Spiritual Experiences on Drugs

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
There is some music that you would have to be on some type of drug to think
it was something other than noise.
Look out mums come home early! 😕

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by JS357
Karoly's post reminds me of this topic.

I am speaking of real, chemical drugs here. YDMV.

Once about 35 years ago, outside an Alpha Beta grocery store in Saratoga, CA, I, being high on weed, had an experience that is hard to wordify but I will call it being one with the universe. It began by noticing the star filled sky. (You know the pothead question: H ...[text shortened]... just part of the process for me.

Does anyone have something similar they want to describe?
When I was in my teens (1970s) it was all about amphetamine because it was cheap and widely available. For some reason me and some pals obsessed on 'Von Danikens' 'Gold of the Gods' and 'Chariots of the Gods' books. We were convinced it was all true when we were speeding to the point of it feeling like a spiritual awakening of some kind. We also got into Salvador Dali on the odd occasions that we dropped Acid, not when we were blazing but during the chilled out coming down phase.

I know these are not spiritual experiences but they highlight a drugs tendency to open the mind of the user to experiences and view points a beer guzzling working class teenager would'nt normally look twice at

j

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
are you still pulling my leg? anyway those girls couldnt lace the andrews sister boots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfCFU3Mqww
Nice - the Andrews Sisters. I know that one too.

j

Moves
05 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
you mentioned your drug and rock and roll past and we all know what goes to complete that holy trinity .............sorry no more sex jokes, honest.

Whew ! Thanks.

[quote]
ravi shanker may have influenced the beatles but hardly changed the face of music on a global scale. how many more world famous eastern musicians and artists can re that good. I think the last serious rock group was probably Franky Lyman and the Teenagers.
how many more world famous eastern musicians and artists can you name from that era?

Not very many, I admit. But the music I like a lot - Sitar and drumming, the asymetric beats.

Ravi Shankar's daughter is really good. And there are a couple of Indian classical music female vocalists who I find to be very good. The names escape me.

But you have me if you ask me to name names from the 60s. But you know that Visnu Orchestra of John McGlouglin, Beatles, Yardbirds, all had that Indian sound in their creativity.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
06 Apr 12

Originally posted by jaywill
how many more world famous eastern musicians and artists can you name from that era?

Not very many, I admit. But the music I like a lot - Sitar and drumming, the asymetric beats.

Ravi Shankar's daughter is really good. And there are a couple of Indian classical music female vocalists who I find to be very good. The names esc ...[text shortened]... rchestra of John McGlouglin, Beatles, Yardbirds, all had that Indian sound in their creativity.
Kishori Amonkar, Shobha Gurtu ? There are many more female classical singers of great merit in India today. But I am no classical music fan, my taste runs to Ghazals and film music. Incidentally Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle, the great film music singing sisters of extraordinary talent had a grounding in classical music. By the way what easier way to come close to God than practising or listening to music ?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
06 Apr 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
your eastern 'safe' method doesnt give the world the beatles, stones, hendrix, dylan, and all the other awesome musicians and artists that were influenced by drugs....oh and all the sex that went with it (jaywill knows what im talking about😉)
One of the easiest and safest way to realize God, as per Hindu theology, is to practise or listen to music. Dancing has also been one of the many ways to realize God.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
06 Apr 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I caught the tale end of the rave generation here in the UK. A heady mix was taking ketamine with MDMA (ecstasy), it would literally blow you mind into another dimension. From the wiki article -

[quote]At sufficiently high doses (75-125 mg IM), users may experience what is called the "K-hole", a state of dissociation whose effects are thought to mimic ...[text shortened]... i would describe as God, but like a dream that fades i have very little recollection of it.
You practice and love music. Yet you have never felt the presence of God, presumably even while listening to the Great singers or instrumentalists or classical compositions. Yet you talk of a drug related experience ! Are drugs to be taken as the more successful method to realize God ?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
06 Apr 12

Karoly's post reminds me of this topic.

I am speaking of real, chemical drugs here. YDMV.

Once about 35 years ago, outside an Alpha Beta grocery store in Saratoga, CA, I, being high on weed, had an experience that is hard to wordify but I will call it being one with the universe. It began by noticing the star filled sky. (You know the pothead question: H ...[text shortened]... just part of the process for me.

Does anyone have something similar they want to describe?
On drugs you cannot go beyond –you are hooked in the realm of the projections of the mind that has hijacked you. You can be whatever you want –and, due to the impermanence, you can only be what you want herenow; getting to know yourself is crucial; being whatever you want herenow, you are always yourself. Changing constantly, you remain yourself being always anew and at the same time the same. And being yourself is essential, because if you are not yourself something has hijacked and keeps you down. Time on drugs is time in a room full of mirrors, all alone, where you can only enjoy the looks of your form. Who are you when you are on drugs and who are you when you are not? You cannot go beyond. Beyond, is Life. And Beyond, the forces and the conditions. And Beyond? There is no drug that can buy you a satori😵

Moves
06 Apr 12

Originally posted by black beetle
On drugs you cannot go beyond –you are hooked in the realm of the projections of the mind that has hijacked you. You can be whatever you want –and, due to the impermanence, you can only be what you want herenow; getting to know yourself is crucial; being whatever you want herenow, you are always yourself. Changing constantly, you remain yourself being a ...[text shortened]... Beyond, the forces and the conditions. And Beyond? There is no drug that can buy you a satori😵
Our "time on drugs" -- and being who we are when we are on drugs -- may be more the rule than the exception, if one considers endogenous drugs, particularly psychoactive ones. IOW, it can be said that we are always on drugs. How does that supposition affect where we can go, and when it is that we are ourselves?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
06 Apr 12
1 edit

On drugs you cannot go beyond –you are hooked in the realm of the projections of the mind that has hijacked you. You can be whatever you want –and, due to the impermanence, you can only be what you want herenow; getting to know yourself is crucial; being whatever you want herenow, you are always yourself. Changing constantly, you remain yourself being a ...[text shortened]... Beyond, the forces and the conditions. And Beyond? There is no drug that can buy you a satori😵
Are you on drugs now?😕

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
06 Apr 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Are you on drugs now?😕
I 'm high and I 'm down on my own😵

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
06 Apr 12

I 'm high and I 'm down on my own😵
I like that, concise and simple for us mortals, that would pass a drugs test🙂

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
06 Apr 12

Our "time on drugs" -- and being who we are when we are on drugs -- may be more the rule than the exception, if one considers endogenous drugs, particularly psychoactive ones. IOW, it can be said that we are always on drugs. How does that supposition affect where we can go, and when it is that we are ourselves?
It is my knowledge that my endogenous drugs keep me higher than the exogenous. I am always high on my endogenous drugs and I don't need a fix. So I control the projections of my mind and the channels I want to occupy, and this way I use my mind instead of letting it use me. Being high on myself, myself I remain and I drive the projections of my mind the way I want. I create my reality on my own and I know my reality is empty.
Who are you when you are not high on yourself, and who are you when you are high on drugs?
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
06 Apr 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
I like that, concise and simple for us mortals, that would pass a drugs test🙂
Me a mortal; I cannot die

Delusions; the religionists talk about G-d whilst all they have is a projection of their own mind. Some talk about reincarnation, meaning that they have somehow established a pathway from life to life, ignoring that rebirth is not “the birth of a human being, of an animal, of a deity, of a ghost”. Anthropomorphism of any kind does not hold; birth is the phenomenon of all kinds of signs within the realm of existence, an impermanent sign that fades away constantly and then dies, whilst the forces and the conditions from which it emerged and the forces and the conditions which they were caused from that sign come again into synchronization causing a new sign (rebirth), analogous or different than the previous

You cannot swirl whilst high on dope
Unfortunately
Delusions do not die this way
Being delusional, cannot be high on your own
Being not high on your own, you cannot swirl
Living without Swirling is to me pure misery;

Gate gate gate paragate parasamgate

Namaste
😵

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
06 Apr 12

What you call a "spiritual" experience on drugs is a misnomer. It is experience of "LIFE". Under the influence of weed, hash, LSD, whatever, our everyday hallucination that we are a separate entity collapses, and we experience UNITY with the cosmos. It is not spiritual, it is the realty that most of us are unable of experiencing without the help of drugs. It is, of course, so explosive an experience that we mistake it for a religious, spiritual enlightenment.