So How Narrow is the Way?

So How Narrow is the Way?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jul 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The context of the word bribe is this
..Can we do anything to make Him act one way or another, can we bribe Him, can we do enough good things to atone for the wicked things we do?

The bribe in this case is doing good works. Nothing is evil about good works. So my answer is Yes God is pleased with good works.

Saved is not eternal life. Peopl ...[text shortened]... saved by the death of Christ. Eternal life is for those who do good works and live righteously.
Exodus 23:8
And you shall take no bribe, for a bribe blinds the clear-sighted and subverts the cause of those who are in the right.

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe.

I don't think so!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Exodus 23:8
And you shall take no bribe, for a bribe blinds the clear-sighted and subverts the cause of those who are in the right.

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe.

I don't think so!
Did you happen to read that in that very same Deut ,10 there is the statement that you should keep the commandments so that God will be good to you?

And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? (Deuteronomy 10:12-13 KJV)

That answers your question. God is pleased with those who are obedient to his commandments and favours them... like I said.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jul 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Did you happen to read that in that very same Deut ,10 there is the statement that you should keep the commandments so that God will be good to you?

[i]And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, ...[text shortened]... God is pleased with those who are obedient to his commandments and favours them... like I said.
Obeying God is not a bribe, you have a twisted view of obedience as well as righteousness.