So How Narrow is the Way?

So How Narrow is the Way?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
It’s a simple question hanging on your vanity sonship, a simple question you cannot give a simple answer to.
I don't care how simple the question is Divegeester.
You seem to think everything hinges on how simple the question is.

Get some new tricks.
Some questions are answered with "Not necessarily" -
about conversant discussion of the nature of God and salvation.

Now you're going to tell us why YOUR opinion should be held in higher regard by us than the word of God in Luke 12:5.

Work on that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jun 18

Originally posted by @sonship
I don't care how simple the question is Divegeester.
You seem to think it hinges on how simple the question is.

Get some new tricks.
Some questions are answered with "Not necessarily."

Now you're going to tell us why YOUR opinion should be held in higher regard to the word of God in [b]Luke 12:5)

Work on that.[/b]
The issue in play is your vanity old chap.

I reject your teachings.. trinity rejected....eternal suffering...rejected.
I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and saviour though.

Is this scenario ok with you sonship?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 18
3 edits

The issue in play is your vanity old chap.

Old chap, the weakness of your position grows concurrently with the frequency of your ad homs.

Is being, like bar room folksy and wrong suppose to be safer ?

I reject your teachings.. trinity rejected....eternal suffering...rejected.

So you reject the triune nature of God and reject Luke 12:5 even though you admit God said it.

What do you want me to do? Plenty of people reject these things. That's their prerogative to disbelieve something in the Scriptures.

You're waiting for me to fall apart about that ?

BUT I'm SAVED AND I DISAGREE WITH YOU SONSHIP !!!

Okay.

Why wait for me to fall apart about that ??

I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and saviour though.

Wonderful.
Am I suppose to fall apart about that ?
Am I suppose to go whining to God because you're confused about some passages but have come to confess Jesus as Lord and believe that God raised Him from the dead ?

Oh, maybe I'm suppose to say "WELL THEN ... its not IMPORTANT about the nature of God being three-one."

Sure God's nature is important even though He didn't demand you be conversant on the subject before you received Christ.

Romans 10:9 seems clear enough.

Is this scenario ok with you sonship?

Yes.
Sounds like yourself is the one you're desperate to convince rather than me.

Is it alright with YOU that I don't reject the three-one mystery of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit?

Is it alright with YOU that I take Luke 12:5 as God's word OVER your annhilationist diatribes against the New Testament ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 18
2 edits

Divegeester, I guess you're working harder to project your fierce sectarianism unto other people who believe passages of Scripture that you don't.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 18
2 edits

Lest we soon forget.

You heard it here from Divegeester people. This is the word of God. Jesus taught this with HIS words. Nobody added it in latter because they were mean guys wanting to scare everybody.

"But I will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has the authority to cast into Gehenna,

yes, I tell you, fear this One." (Luke 12:5)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jun 18

Divegeester, I guess you're working harder to project your fierce sectarianism unto other people who believe passages of Scripture that you don't.
You believe in a monsterous version of a torturing god, I don’t.

Simple.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jun 18
1 edit

Lest we soon forget.

You heard it here from Divegeester people. This is the word of [b]God
. Jesus taught this with HIS words. Nobody added it in latter because they were mean guys wanting to scare everybody.

"But I will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has the authority to cast into Gehenna,

[/b]
Are the words of Jesus in the bible any more valid and authoritative than the words of John in revelation or of Isaiah in the OT?

If not then why do you keep going on about “the words of Jesus”; you sound like thinkofone...

Let me know I’d be interested in this one...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jun 18

Simple.
I believe what the scripture says and that without belittling God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I believe what the scripture says and that without belittling God.
That you actually believe (or at least use the phrase as an insult) that I would belittle God, is an interesting revalation into why we consistently fail to agree on virtually anything.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
26 Jun 18

Simple.
So you think the God of the Bible is a torturing monster?

Now you'll say, "no, I believe sonship's God is a torturing monster".

Sad that you should choose to interpret the scriptures and not let them say what they say. Instead you spiritulize the words to agree with you. You're in for a rude awakening.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jun 18

Originally posted by @secondson
So you think the God of the Bible is a torturing monster?

Now you'll say, "no, I believe sonship's God is a torturing monster".

Sad that you should choose to interpret the scriptures and not let them say what they say. Instead you spiritulize the words to agree with you. You're in for a rude awakening.
What is sad SecondSon, is that you can’t see past my defence of the moral reputation of my Lord, to the militant supporter of the gospel Jesus Christ that I am.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jun 18

That you actually believe (or at least use the phrase as an insult) that I would belittle God, is an interesting revalation into why we consistently fail to agree on virtually anything.
Well you are not addressing the point of contention which is scripture and how it is worded. Instead I see name calling towards God, due to the Word of God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Well you are not addressing the point of contention which is scripture and how it is worded. Instead I see name calling towards God, due to the Word of God.
I politely refer you to my post above.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 18
2 edits

is that you can’t see past my defence of the moral reputation of my Lord, to the militant supporter of the gospel Jesus Christ that I am.

Did Christ's "moral reputation" begin to suffer negatively when He uttered these words, WHICH YOU ADMITTED were put into His mouth by God ?

" But I will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has the authority to cast into Gehenna,

Remember, you're the poster who usually unequivocally and immediately answers questions put to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jun 18

I politely refer you to my post above.
I also politely refer you to your post!