Sit Down

Sit Down

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

The sky

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by royalchicken
True; sometimes the word 'evolved' is applied to ideas which change due to small influences caused by individual people.
Hm, yes, you are right. I have to revise my standpoint a bit. Regarding chairs, I believe in both creation and evolution. It was created by an intelligent designer, and it keeps evolving through the influence of intelligent designers. I guess that's much like what most Christians believe regarding creation and evolution.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The question may have not been precise enough, and for this I apologize. Let me re-phrase it. Have you ever personally accepted Jesus Christ, whether publicly or otherwise?
"Accepted" him as what? A chair?

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
01 Mar 06

I was taken to sit on the chair by my Mum, who'd been sitting on that chair her whole life (still does), as had her father and mother, and so on ... you get the point.
Didn't really think much about it - it was just a chair to sit on, didn't everyone sit on chairs?
Kept sitting on the chair as a teenager - there were girls on the chair, hormones kicked in.
Then I discovered that most of the girls on the chair were actually a bit boring, and I started wondering about other chairs I'd heard of. I started doing a bit of reading about chairs and discovered a huge variety. Got into a buddhist chair for a while, but in the end, I realised all of the chairs were pretty much the same.

And I stood up.
No need for chairs anymore.
I'm happy on my own two legs.
(Although I still like looking at the girls on the chairs ...)

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by David C
"Accepted" him as what? A chair?
Tee-hee.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Mar 06

Anyone else want to take a shot at my lame analogy? Come on, I know you can't be through yet, ye sofa-phobes.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Mar 06

Anyone else want to take a shot at my lame analogy? Come on, I know you can't be through yet, ye sofa-phobes.
I consider myself lucky enough to have escaped any early childhood indoctrination into Christianity. Chairs are for sitting comfortably, not eternal redemption of one's ego. Will you be getting to your point any time soon, Freakster?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
01 Mar 06

Chairs are for sitting comfortably, not eternal redemption of one's ego.
I feel a little uncomfortable at the sight of Van Gogh's painted chairs.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Mar 06

Why are you asking if anyone's sat in Jesus' lap in his chair!?!??!?!?!

s

Moves
01 Mar 06
3 edits

As He [Jesus] was more likely a stonebuilder...
That's funny. I've been told he was a carpenter. 😲🙄😴

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Mar 06

Will you be getting to your point any time soon, Freakster?
Still collecting data.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Mar 06

Suppose that sitting on a certain chair were analagous to saving faith, meaning, one is saved for sitting on the chair, just once. Regardless of whether or not one stayed sitting, imagine the issue is whether or not one ever simply sat in said chair.
With respect to Jesus Christ, how many people who frequent the debates and discussion here, have ever sat ...[text shortened]... and continue sitting. How many here have ever sat, to walk away, renounce ever sitting or etc.?
If the chair is specifically a "saving faith" chair then you cannot sit in it and get out. I have believed in God, in my indoctrinated childhood, but I could not have had saving faith as there is nothing to be saved from and no one to do the saving!
When you stand up and get out of the chair, you realise that it never was a magic chair in the first place!
What amazes me is how many people are so afraid of falling that they wont get out of the chair!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
02 Mar 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
If the chair is specifically a "saving faith" chair then you cannot sit in it and get out. I have believed in God, in my indoctrinated childhood, but I could not have had saving faith as there is nothing to be saved from and no one to do the saving!
When you stand up and get out of the chair, you realise that it never was a magic chair in the first place ...[text shortened]... hat amazes me is how many people are so afraid of falling that they wont get out of the chair!
I'll count that as a 'yes.'

ab

Moves
03 Mar 06

I have not attempted to sit on any chair, because I have not seen any.
I am sceptical about the existence of chairs.
There are a lot of chair shops, but I haven't seen any with chairs in stock.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Mar 06

Originally posted by aging blitzer
I have not attempted to sit on any chair, because I have not seen any.
I am sceptical about the existence of chairs.
There are a lot of chair shops, but I haven't seen any with chairs in stock.
I'll count that as a "no."

d

Moves
03 Mar 06

I'll count that as a "no."
Will the results of your analysis be as anti-climactic as the Ayn Rand-Emma Goldman debauchle?