Sinful Sexual Thoughts

Sinful Sexual Thoughts

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
31 Oct 07

God made us as we are. We are sexual beings, among other things. Healthy sexual thoughts bring us pleasure and harm no one. To claim that sexual thoughts are a sin in the eyes of God makes me abhor Christianity even more than I thought possible.

If these such thoughts are so terrible and sinful, why would a god make us this way and why would he program our DNA to be so sexual in nature? What is it about sex (pre-marital, extra-marital or otherwise) that is so sinful?

God made women to be beautiful, attractive, sensual, graceful, elegant, etc. He/She/It made us to be HAPPY and enjoy ourselves on this paradise. He did not create us to live by a rigid archaic dogma which results in men being asexual automatons.

"Love one another", Christ said, replacing the rules of old. Jealousy and possessiveness be damned. Let's love each other, as God intended.

Thoughts?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by darvlay
God made us as we are. We are sexual beings, among other things. Healthy sexual thoughts bring us pleasure and harm no one. To claim that sexual thoughts are a sin in the eyes of God makes me abhor Christianity even more than I thought possible.

If these such thoughts are so terrible and sinful, why would a god make us this way and why would he progra ...[text shortened]... sy and possessiveness be damned. Let's love each other, as God intended.

Thoughts?
Unfortunately, Christ didn't replace the rules of old; he made them worse.

"He who looks upon a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." -JC

d

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Unfortunately, Christ didn't replace the rules of old; he made them worse.

"He who looks upon a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." -JC
Thanks for killing my free-love buzz, SG.

s

Moves
31 Oct 07

If these such thoughts are so terrible and sinful, why would a god make us this way and why would he progra ...[text shortened]... sy and possessiveness be damned. Let's love each other, as God intended.

Thoughts?
Our sexuality is better explained by evolution; why else is it so hard-wired in? Because those for whom it is less hard-wired in continue to be evolved out of the human race....
A little book called 'Sperm Wars' will explain a lot; except the spiritual side of it all.....

Hmmm . . .

Moves
31 Oct 07

Thoughts?
Jealousy and possessiveness be damned.

I’d add exploitiveness to that, as well. (And a few “marriages” I’ve known seem to have been little more than contracts for mutual exploitation; while a few “non-marriages” I’ve known have been deeply loving relationships.)

I’m strictly monogamous—but that’s not out of rules or guilt. I simply find that sexual intimacy in the context of mutual deep love is nothing short of a mind-blowing mystical experience, in which the littleness of “I” gets exploded into the largeness of a We, wherein all the ego-boundaries collapse. Maybe other people don’t need the kind of relationship that I do for that to happen.

That doesn’t mean that otherwise I’d choose celibacy. (Requisite nod to all the risk factors, including that of causing harm.)

With all that said—

I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen:
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut,
And Thou shalt not writ over the door;
So I turn’d to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore,

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tomb-stones where flowers should be:
And Priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys & desires.

—William Blake, “The Garden of Love”

JJ

Moves
31 Oct 07

Thoughts?
Of course he wants us to be sexual... he gave us the bits and pieces for such activity...But he wants us to be respectful with it... no premarital sex,perversions etc,etc... He puts 2 together to reproduce.

I really feel that if you indulge in the perverted side of sex then you are upsetting God and delighting Satan.

s

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
Of course he wants us to be sexual... he gave us the bits and pieces for such activity...But he wants us to be respectful with it... no premarital sex,perversions etc,etc... He puts 2 together to reproduce.

I really feel that if you indulge in the perverted side of sex then you are upsetting God and delighting Satan.
go on then, I'll bite.

What do you consider to be 'normal' then? Sex for procreation only? Or are you allowed two pints of pleasure each week?

JJ

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by snowinscotland
go on then, I'll bite.

What do you consider to be 'normal' then? Sex for procreation only? Or are you allowed two pints of pleasure each week?
Normal is anything that is not perverted.... sexual relations within a marriage with your spouse is delightfully normal.

d

Moves
31 Oct 07

Normal is anything that is not perverted.... sexual relations within a marriage with your spouse is delightfully normal.
And perverted is anything that is not normal.

And around and around we go!

d

Moves
31 Oct 07

Sex can be "respectful" without "perversion" or marriage (whatever those terms mean).

JJ

Moves
31 Oct 07

And perverted is anything that is not normal.

And around and around we go!
Do you know the difference? i would say that perverted is not normal practise... i wont say what is perverted i think you can guess for yourself what is disgusting and depraved.

JJ

Moves
31 Oct 07

Sex can be "respectful" without "perversion" or marriage (whatever those terms mean).
You can be respectful in sex outside marriage but that is what God does not want... sex within marriage is god's wish...(i expect Twhitehead to comment soon!!!)

d

Moves
31 Oct 07

Do you know the difference? i would say that perverted is not normal practise... i wont say what is perverted i think you can guess for yourself what is disgusting and depraved.
Perverted = Not Normal.

Got it!

Thanks for your help.

JJ

Moves
31 Oct 07

Perverted = Not Normal.

Got it!

Thanks for your help.
You needed help?

d

Moves
31 Oct 07
1 edit

You can be respectful in sex outside marriage but that is what God does not want... sex within marriage is god's wish...(i expect Twhitehead to comment soon!!!)
Correction - Normal unperverted sex within marriage is God's wish.

EDIT - And also avoiding eye contact with extremely beautiful women is God's wish as well.