Sick of Christianity - Let's have a reincarnation

Sick of Christianity - Let's have a reincarnation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
20 Mar 05

Let's have a change of pace...Many new-age bretheren believe in reincarnation as do Hindus (I think). Do we have any believers lurking at RHP? If so, may I ask a question.

As the number of people on earth today are far greater than those who existed in the past, where do the souls come from to be reincarnated? Does someone create new souls?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Mar 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser
Let's have a change of pace...Many new-age bretheren believe in reincarnation as do Hindus (I think). Do we have any believers lurking at RHP? If so, may I ask a question.

As the number of people on earth today are far greater than those who existed in the past, where do the souls come from to be reincarnated? Does someone create new souls?
I was once the Duke of Sandwich. Or was I an Earl? I forget, it was so long ago.

P

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
20 Mar 05

You were an Earl. Not only did you invent sandwiches but also bowling, I understand.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Mar 05

You were an Earl. Not only did you invent sandwiches but also bowling, I understand.
Whoallly Crap! Are you kidding? I knew I did the sandwiches... but I must have forgot about bowling... that is really messed up, I hope you are not pulling my leg.

P

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Mar 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Whoallly Crap! Are you kidding? I knew I did the sandwiches... but I must have forgot about bowling... that is really messed up, I hope you are not pulling my leg.

P

The Royal Balls, Phlabby ..... I told you so

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Mar 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

The Royal Balls, Phlabby ..... I told you so
My dreams are dashed!

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20030606.html

Mr. 700

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
20 Mar 05

since I'm a frog in this incarnation , I wanna come back as a Prince in the next?

A
Lazy Sod

Everywhere

Moves
20 Mar 05

The way I understand it (and no, I am not a carnationist πŸ˜› ), is that humans are the end of the line, so to speak.

So, if we start off as amoeba and end up as humans, the intermediate animal links would become fewer in number (as is happening through the extinction of species).

So, the souls are always there, but the number of humans increase, as the number of lesser animals decrease. Problem solved, no need to "create" souls.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
20 Mar 05

http://www.exn.ca/Stories/2004/04/13/51.asp

Or How about a surplus of souls, even more then one per prson?

http://www.exn.ca/Stories/2004/04/13/51.asp

Nyxie

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
20 Mar 05

Hmm. Makes sense to me. Perhaps I can now become a reincarnationist - but will that mean my Border Collie will die?:'(

M
the Mad

Jupiter

Moves
20 Mar 05

Hmm. Makes sense to me. Perhaps I can now become a reincarnationist - but will that mean my Border Collie will die?:'(
Yes.

But you knew that anyway didn't you? πŸ™‚

MÅ¥HÅRM

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
20 Mar 05

Originally posted by Alcra
The way I understand it (and no, I am not a carnationist πŸ˜› ), is that humans are the end of the line, so to speak.

So, if we start off as amoeba and end up as humans, the intermediate animal links would become fewer in number (as is happening through the extinction of species).

So, the souls are always there, but the number of humans increase, as the number of lesser animals decrease. Problem solved, no need to "create" souls.
Does this mean that higher caste humans will increase in number and lower caste ones decrease?

The Apologist

Moves
20 Mar 05

Where did the souls come from in the first place to be reincarnated?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Where did the souls come from in the first place to be reincarnated?
Where did God come from, in the first place to create everything?

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
20 Mar 05

Maybe they are souls from species that have become extinct ? There might even be one or two former dodo's here in the forumsπŸ™‚