show respect

show respect

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 May 17

What does that mean to you? I just wrote like six paragraphs with more to say, but I should shut up.I should empty my cup, so you can fill it.

Moves
09 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
I should empty my cup, so you can fill it.
Not from here.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Not from here.
Your crude side overwhelms the rest of you.

Moves
10 May 17

Your crude side overwhelms the rest of you.
Twit.

T

Moves
10 May 17

Evidently you're gonna have to dust off those six paragraphs for DG.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
10 May 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Evidently you're gonna have to dust off those six paragraphs for DG.
No, you can ask better than that. Plus both of you and everyone else could, you know, try to answer the question? Out of a general sort of respect, maybe.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 May 17

What does that mean to you? I just wrote like six paragraphs with more to say, but I should shut up.I should empty my cup, so you can fill it.
Respect, really try practicing what you preach.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 17

It's probably easier to show 'consistent respect' in our real life encounters. I believe this is much harder in an internet forum as we are staring at a computer screen rather than a human face.

The Ghost has spoken wisely.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 May 17

Respect to me involves knowing myself, my friends, my enemies were all together made in the image of God. Whoever they are there is something about them that has to remind me of God. For they are made in His image.

Respect to me involves realizing that as Christ groaned and shed His life's blood for my sins, so also He did for the other person be that one a friend or enemy.

Respect to me involves understanding that I am not better than the other person. So as Christ died for me, so also Christ died for him or her.

Respect for me involves remembering how much I was ignorant of Christ's love when I didn't know Him, how suspicious, how annoyed at the thought of God, how cold, how uninterested, how afraid that "God" meant to be to stop doing something fun.

Respect involves for me knowing that I should see everyone through the eyes of Jesus Christ. It is realizing in some sense that I only love God as much as the person I love the least.

Moves
10 May 17

Sometimes respect means forbearance: patient self-control; restraint and tolerance, noting that tolerance does not mean agreement, in fact, it means quite the opposite.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
It's probably easier to show 'consistent respect' in our real life encounters. I believe this is much harder in an internet forum as we are staring at a computer screen rather than a human face.

The Ghost has spoken wisely.
I would venture to say that those like you who show respect even to those on a computer screen find it easier to do it in life as well.

F

Moves
10 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I would venture to say that those like you who show respect even to those on a computer screen find it easier to do it in life as well.
What are we to surmise about what you are like in 'real life' from your behaviour here?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 May 17

Originally posted by JS357
Sometimes respect means forbearance: patient self-control; restraint and tolerance, noting that tolerance does not mean agreement, in fact, it means quite the opposite.
Well said

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I do occasionally put you on the rack. 🙂

T

Moves
10 May 17

No, you can ask better than that. Plus both of you and everyone else could, you know, try to answer the question? Out of a general sort of respect, maybe.
That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is.