1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:081 edit
    FMF,

I do not support banning Dasa but, what you fail to recognize in your defense of his status here, is that he is a constant breaker of common forum rules of discussion. Forget rules of actual debate, he threw them out the window a long time ago.

I would say if someone posts a message saying they've lost their home and all their possessions, it would be considered a breaking of many forum rules to callously suggest they are getting what they deserve.... then turn around and call everyone here child molesters and animal murderers.

There IS a case to have him banned or at least strongly warned. I've seen people outright banned from other forums for less.

But again, though it wouldn't hurt my feelings, I am not in support of the ban. I would rather he leave on his own accord -- and that will only happen when we have all decided we've had enough and quit taking the bait.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:17
    Originally posted by sumydid
    FMF,... what you fail to recognize in your defense of his status here, is that he is a constant breaker of common forum rules of discussion.
    What you fail to recognize is that my "defence" is actually of everybody's right to construct a "status" in this community and not just Dasa's. I think the web site is perfectly within its rights to remove posts that do not comply with the TOS or detract from the value of this site - which is a private enterprise after all.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:27
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I would say if someone posts a message saying they've lost their home and all their possessions, it would be considered a breaking of many forum rules to callously suggest they are getting what they deserve.... then turn around and call everyone here child molesters and animal murderers.
    You should alert the moderators about the post rather than insinuate that I in any way condone what Dasa said because I oppose banning him for it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:40
    Don't feed the troll.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 04:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't feed the troll.
    If you do, feed him meat.😛
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 07:54
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    If you do, feed him meat.😛
    😵
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 10:17
    Dasa da man!
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 11:42
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't read his posts. I already read enough, and the rest are the same.

You are being redundant rwingett. You said the same thing in another thread. In fact, not to hurt your feelings, you haven't said much of anything new in a long time.

And you didn't reply to me in another thread again. I'm beginning to think you're trying to torture me.
    And I'll say it yet again. Nobody's forcing you to read his posts. If you don't like them then just IGNORE them. Don't come around complaining about how we should do away with posts you allegedly don't read.

I don't know what other thread you're referring to where I've supposedly ignored you.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 11:43
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    That is dishonest.
    Dishonest? In what way?
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 11:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    ...or are we going to keep discussing him for the next three years?
    I find this thread to be rather objectionable. I think Dasa is a horrible troll, but the idea of raising a thread to rabble-rouse sentiment against him (and thanks to FMF re-posting your original text I think it's pretty clear that this was your initial intention) is entirely reprehensible. We should all count ourselves fortunate that you have no authority to decide who gets to post in this forum.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 11:54
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I find this thread to be rather objectionable. I think Dasa is a horrible troll, but the idea of raising a thread to rabble-rouse sentiment against him (and thanks to FMF re-posting your original text I think it's pretty clear that this was your initial intention) is entirely reprehensible. We should all count ourselves fortunate that you have no authority to decide who gets to post in this forum.
    i know, just think if he were a God, we would all be zapped!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 15:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't feed the troll.
    I understand Dasa has moved over to the science forum to teach them about
    lying science.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 15:48
    I am not for banning Dasa either. He has rights, just like any other poster.

He has the worst forum manners I've ever seen, and it's probably true that his posts might get him banned from other forums, but I rather think we are somewhat above that here.

All that said, however, I will not sit and be silent when he calls my beliefs "false religion". He can believe what he wants, and I wouldn't hold that against him. It is when he actively attacks Christianity as being a "false religion" and calls us "child molesters and child abusers" that I must take exception. When he calls the Bible a "fabrication of politicians", I must take issue with him.

I would relax considerably if he were to tone down his hate. I cannot be silent and condone his lies.

But no, I do not think he should be banned. He will reap what he sows, to be sure, but banning is a restriction of his rights to this site and forum, which we are all lucky to enjoy. I think it's strictly up to the site administrators and if they think he's violated their ToS. We're all here because they allow us to be here, and any decision to remove him should be theirs.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 16:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I am not for banning Dasa either. He has rights, just like any other poster.

He has the worst forum manners I've ever seen, and it's probably true that his posts might get him banned from other forums, but I rather think we are somewhat above that here.

All that said, however, I will not sit and be silent when he calls my beliefs "false religion". H ...[text shortened]... because they allow us to be here, and any decision to remove him should be theirs.
    Dasa is right about more things than you suspect.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 16:16
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Dasa is right about more things than you suspect.
    He's right about practically nothing.

Not about Christianity, anyways.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree