Sexuality

Sexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08

At this point in the thread I just want to ask............

CAN ANY OF MY FELLOW CHRISTIANS PLEASE EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH HOMOSEXUALITY IS (aside from the fact that it's refered to in the Bible?) ?

Why does God have such a big problem with it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
Ok , simplification time. Unless a biological urge or condition can be shown to be harmful it seems silly just to label it as sinful purely for the sake of doing so with no good reason.

If a biological urge exists ( eg the urge to make love with the same sex) then why call it a sin and an abomination for no apparent reason except for the fact that ...[text shortened]... natural causes and they are free to express their sexuality in a private , non-harmful manner.
I repeat. Whether homosexuality is a biological urge is irrelevant. It is not a justification in itself. That argument is dead.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by black beetle
Alas!

For, Raj my friend, this miserable atheist had the feeling that whatever he does in privecy, in his house, has just to do with his personal taste and that is nobody else's ("god" included) business
😵

BTW, Merry Christmas my bad!
I totally agree with you.
Atheists have the right to do whatever they please but the issue here is that KM is displeased because the CHurch and Christians are following the law of God as stated in the Bible which they also have the right to do.

Merry Christmas to you to. 🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

..Why does God have such a big problem with it?
Its a traffic violation.
Using a magnifying glass, see if you can read the "ONE WAY" sign on your butthole .... 😀

Moves
24 Dec 08

At this point in the thread I just want to ask............

CAN ANY OF MY FELLOW CHRISTIANS PLEASE EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH HOMOSEXUALITY IS (aside from the fact that it's refered to in the Bible?) ?

Why does God have such a big problem with it?
I'm a Christian. God has no problem with homosexuality; after all, God created it and what was created supposedly was good. Or so the story goes.

Moreover, I think homosexuals are entitled to covenant with God, meaning all the sacraments and privileges: priesthood, baptism, communion, marriage. Jesus would not have discluded homosexuals from covenant with God. Humans, however, are are to willing to bring upon violence and shunning to the people and groups that are not like them or that they do not agree with. Such attitudes and actions, while not being Christ-like, are far too often Christian.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

Did God destroy Sodom and Gomorah purely due to homosexuality?
The sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was great, and examples of their sin were clearly stated... it was homosexuality.

Whats your answer to the same question - Did God destroy Sodom and Gomorah purely due to homosexuality?

rc

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by Badwater
I'm a Christian. God has no problem with homosexuality; after all, God created it and what was created supposedly was good. Or so the story goes.

Moreover, I think homosexuals are entitled to covenant with God, meaning all the sacraments and privileges: priesthood, baptism, communion, marriage. Jesus would not have discluded homosexuals from covenant wit ...[text shortened]... ree with. Such attitudes and actions, while not being Christ-like, are far too often Christian.
you purport to be a christian, how does that make you qualified to justify whether God accepts homosexuality or otherwise, its incredulous, you have exalted yourself above the word of God, something that Christ never done, not only that, you are attributing an act that is CLEARLY, let me say that again, CLEARLY condemned in the word of God and stating that God created it, is too much.

how you can make also the assertions that you make is beyond belief and please if anyone else is reading this, christian or not, please note these are not the teachings of Christ nor of Christians.

yes we are expected to show love to all, but this in no way means that we are to accept nor condone actions which are explicitly condemned in the word of God, and this attempt to do so is the epitome of those who would water the word down with atheistic thinking and ultra liberal so called theology so that they can establish their own criteria which supersedes the word of God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by Badwater

Moreover, I think homosexuals are entitled to covenant with God, meaning all the sacraments and privileges: priesthood, baptism, communion, marriage. Jesus would not have discluded homosexuals from covenant wit ...[text shortened]... ree with. Such attitudes and actions, while not being Christ-like, are far too often Christian.
God has a problem with all sin and homosexuality is clearly one. There is nothing to debate or discuss about that. According to the Bible homosexuality is a sin just as is adultery, fornication, stealing, coveting your neighbour's house, overeating, drunkenness etc.

The problem is that people sideline or discriminate against those whose sins are more grevious in their eyes. But Christ on the day of judgment wont do that. A homosexual who cannot control his 'desire' is likely to receive forgiveness easier that an overeater who can.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
I repeat. Whether homosexuality is a biological urge is irrelevant. It is not a justification in itself. That argument is dead.
I repeat that I accept that the fact it may be a biological urge does not justify it per se. What it does do is legitimise it as one of many urges that some human beings are subject to (like the urge to protect children or eat food).

With regards to our urges we tend to discriminate between them as to which should be curtailled and which are harmless. I cannot see how homosexuality is any more harmful then heterosexuality in and of itself. Can you tell me why it is harmful?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Its a traffic violation.
Using a magnifying glass, see if you can read the "ONE WAY" sign on your butthole .... 😀
You think that's the only way homosexuals can practice sex? What about lesbians BTW ?

So if all homosexuals agreed not to practice anal sex then you would be Ok with it?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you purport to be a christian, how does that make you qualified to justify whether God accepts homosexuality or otherwise, its incredulous, you have exalted yourself above the word of God, something that Christ never done, not only that, you are attributing an act that is CLEARLY, let me say that again, CLEARLY condemned in the word of God and statin ...[text shortened]... called theology so that they can establish their own criteria which supersedes the word of God.
You think the Bible is infallible? You think it's impossible that some homophobia crept in somewhere? Parts of the Bible have obviously succumbed to Jewish nationalistic pride , why not homophobia? If God can be so clearly misunderstood in the OT as a warmongering God who only has time for Jews then it's not that hard to imagine that the odd scripture on homosexuality might be mistaken.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08

God has a problem with all sin and homosexuality is clearly one. There is nothing to debate or discuss about that. According to the Bible homosexuality is a sin just as is adultery, fornication, stealing, coveting your neighbour's house, overeating, drunkenness etc.

The problem is that people sideline or discriminate against those whose sins are more grev ...[text shortened]... annot control his 'desire' is likely to receive forgiveness easier that an overeater who can.
According to the Bible homosexuality is a sin just as is adultery, fornication, stealing, coveting your neighbour's house, overeating, drunkenness etc. ====RAJK--------

And all but one of these can be clearly understood as sin for very good reasons. For all but one of these it could be said that they are harmful to others or self and the fabric of society.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08

The sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was great, and examples of their sin were clearly stated... it was homosexuality.

Whats your answer to the same question - Did God destroy Sodom and Gomorah purely due to homosexuality?
If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah simply because it was full of people who liked the opposite sex then he was wrong.

Statistically this wouldn't make sense though because homosexuals form less than 10% of the population.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 08

I repeat that I accept that the fact it may be a biological urge does not justify it per se. What it does do is legitimise it as one of many urges that some human beings are subject to (like the urge to protect children or eat food).

With regards to our urges we tend to discriminate between them as to which should be curtailled and which are harml ...[text shortened]... ty is any more harmful then heterosexuality in and of itself. Can you tell me why it is harmful?

It really does not. Many biological urges, if not most, are not socially acceptable.

With regards to our urges we tend to discriminate between them as to which should be curtailled and which are harmless. I cannot see how homosexuality is any more harmful then heterosexuality in and of itself. Can you tell me why it is harmful?

You seem really confused. I am not interested in arguing about the morality of homosexuality. I see that as rathr futile when you cast all your opponents as homophobes. I am only defending Whodey's first post which made the point that whether a behaviour has a genetic explanation is not a moral justification.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
24 Dec 08

And not rape?