Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell

Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
29 Jan 07

I would rather be a king in hell.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by GinoJ
I would rather be a king in hell.
I don't know enough about the quality of "afterlife" in the two situations to make this call.

G

Moves
29 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't know enough about the quality of "afterlife" in the two situations to make this call.
I am not necessarily talking about afterlife concept or "hell" or "heaven" in a religious way. However, you are free to think so if you wish.

I have found this an intersting topic since it strongly adresses the roots of the anarchic philosophy.

p.s. Think about Fight Club and A Clockwork Orange.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Jan 07

I am not necessarily talking about afterlife concept or "hell" or "heaven" in a religious way. However you are free to thinks so as well.

I have found this an intersting topic since it strongly adresses the roots of the anarchic philosophy.
How can one talk about Heaven and Hell while not talking about religion or the afterlife?

G

Moves
29 Jan 07

How can one talk about Heaven and Hell while not talking about religion or the afterlife?
Hell is not somewhere you go, it is the failure of your best ambition.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Jan 07
1 edit

Hell is not somewhere you go, it is the failure of your best ambition.
You want to be king of the failures?

I'd rather be someone who succeeded in their best ambition.

What if my best ambition were to be king of those who failed their best ambitions?!

G

Moves
29 Jan 07

What if my best ambition were to be king of those who failed their best ambitions?!
What if I was James Hetfield?

G

Moves
29 Jan 07

I still wanne be a king, even a king as a chess piece is more noteworthy than a servant.

E

Moves
29 Jan 07

you dont get it, for example would you rather be on the bench of a varsity team or be a starter on a junior varsity team?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
you dont get it, for example would you rather be on the bench of a varsity team or be a starter on a junior varsity team?
You are assuming my best ambition is to be on the varsity team. I'd rather be on the bench of the varsity team than be a starter on the Jr team knowing I would never make it to the varsity team - assuming the goal is to be on the varsity team as you imply!

G

Moves
29 Jan 07
1 edit

You are assuming my best ambition is to be on the varsity team. I'd rather be on the bench of the varsity team than be a starter on the Jr team knowing I would never make it to the varsity team - assuming the goal is to be on the varsity team as you imply!
Any other opinions?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
30 Jan 07

Thats's funny ,,I thought you'd prefer being on a cheerleader

E

Moves
30 Jan 07

did i assume anything? i was explaining what he was saying

w

Moves
30 Jan 07

I still wanne be a king, even a king as a chess piece is more noteworthy than a servant.
Christ once said that if you want to rule over others, you must first be a servant to others. Christ did this and now he is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Conversly, someone like Adolph Hitler who had no desire to be a servant but rather to only rule over others was brought to nothing. Not just in this present world but in the next life to come.

E

Moves
30 Jan 07

Originally posted by whodey
Christ once said that if you want to rule over others, you must first be a servant to others. Christ did this and now he is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Conversly, someone like Adolph Hitler who had no desire to be a servant but rather to only rule over others was brought to nothing. Not just in this present world but in the next life to come.
serve god and you will be god😕