Self righteousness

Self righteousness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
...So I feel strongly about this....
Strange then how you just come across as being your usual prickish self.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well, I have no particular reason to believe you. But you have plonked this supposed autobiographical stuff on the table. So be it. If it's true, fine. If it's just a yarn and part of your general trolling, fine. Whatever, as they say.
Why do you think I would make something like this up?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Strange then how you just come across as being your usual prickish self.
You certainly know how to radiate the love of Christ. 😉

F

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

Why do you think I would make something like this up?
Like I said, as a part of your general trolling routine.

F

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

My sister was abused by her church counselor and the church leaders covered it up. So I feel strongly about this.
If you "feel strongly about this" why do you describe engaging and tackling defenders of the organization's track record of institutional secrecy and cover up as trying to "drag their name through the mud"? It doesn't add up.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Feb 17

You certainly know how to radiate the love of Christ. 😉
I just call it as I see it. Heat and kitchens and all that 😛

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
If you "feel strongly about this" why do you describe engaging and tackling defenders of the organization's track record of institutional secrecy and cover up as trying to "drag their name through the mud"? It doesn't add up.
I don't believe him, and if he is lying then he's certainly not a Christian, and to lie about something like that...

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I was referring to the Geesters general dislike of JWs and his never ending attack on anything JW. I was not referring to that isolated incident.

F

Moves
27 Feb 17

I was referring to the Geesters general dislike of JWs and his never ending attack on anything JW. I was not referring to that isolated incident.
The only "general dislike of JWs" on his part that I aware of is centred around their track record on covering up child sex abuse, the institutionalized bullying of members and ex-members, and other policies such as the use of two or three words from the Bible to justify what amounts to child sacrifice. Why would tackling vocal defenders of these things in public be "dragging their name through the mud"? If you think the JWs should be defended on these things, why not defend them?

F

Moves
27 Feb 17

So if individuals in a church are aware of allegations and they don't report it you should hold the organizers responsible?
Do you not hold the church organizers responsible for covering up the alleged abuse of your sister?

It's as if you changed your mind ~ mid-troll, as it were ~ about which tack you wanted to take on this thread and you did so somewhere after page 2 and before page 4.

Once you introduced your "sister" into the discussion, what you'd said on page 2 didn't sit right anymore.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
The only "general dislike of JWs" on his part that I aware of is centred around their track record on covering up child sex abuse, the institutionalized bullying of members and ex-members, and other policies such as the use of two or three words from the Bible to justify what amounts to child sacrifice. Why would tackling vocal defenders of these things in publi ...[text shortened]... through the mud"? If you think the JWs should be defended on these things, why not defend them?
I agree with him on all those points, I just think his approach is sometimes a little loveless, that's all.

F

Moves
27 Feb 17

I agree with him on all those points, I just think his approach is sometimes a little loveless, that's all.
He seems to me to have much more warmth and generosity of spirit than you do and is a much better ambassador for his elaborate superstitions than you are. How would you describe your "approach"?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you not hold the church organizers responsible for covering up the alleged abuse of your sister?

It's as if you changed your mind ~ mid-troll, as it were ~ about which tack you wanted to take on this thread and you did so somewhere after page 2 and before page 4.

Once you introduced your "sister" into the discussion, what you'd said on page 2 didn't sit right anymore.
I hold the church leader responsible because he and the perpetrator were the only ones that knew about it (since the perpetrator went to confess it to the leader) and the leader covered it up. He told my sister she shouldn't tell my parents about it. Thankfully a few years later she did. That's why I said if someone has first hand knowledge they should report it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Feb 17

It doesn't read like that; here's what I think happened:

You start yet another thread on your pet topic.
I make a negative comment in post #2
Roigam, looking for an escape from the JW/sex abuse thread pops up in here and in his second post (I think), makes a negative comment about me.
You and he sort of join forces, he ducks out quickly, you pick up on the JW persecution piece, possibly catalysed by a quick PM between you.
You attack using the "JWs can't be saved" thing and I shoot you down with one post because you were talking bollox
You then start on about the sex abuse angle but quickly realise there is no mileage in it and in fact that you have run into forum quicksand
So shift gears, throw I need your "my sister was abused" story, like your "I was in a cult" story and tried o wheel-spin our way out.

Close?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
He seems to me to have much more warmth and generosity of spirit than you do and is a much better ambassador for his elaborate superstitions than you are. How would you describe your "approach"?
Of course there is no bias on your part.