Seashells at the top of Mt. Everest

Seashells at the top of Mt. Everest

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
But your question does assume that Noah's flood occurred less than 50 000 years ago? So I have every right to ask you why you made such an assumption.
There was no "Noah's flood", as far as I am concerned, except in your imagination. Despite my lack of belief in it, I am asking you about your belief in it.

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
There was no "Noah's flood", as far as I am concerned, except in your imagination. Despite my lack of belief in it, I am asking you about your belief in it.
It is amusing to see you back peddling. Why did you mention 50 000 years ?

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

It is amusing to see you back peddling. Why did you mention 50 000 years ?
What am I back peddling on? I mentioned that we know that the Aborigines were in Australia 40,000 years ago. If you believe the Flood/Noah story, do you think the Aboriginals came from one of Noah's sons? Do you think the Chinese Zhuang and the Nigerian Igbo came from Noah's sons? I don't believe in the Flood/Noah story. I am asking you about your belief in it.

Moves
09 Sep 17
1 edit

What am I back peddling on? I mentioned that we know that the Aborigines were in Australia 40,000 years ago. If you believe the Flood/Noah story, do you think the Aboriginals came from one of Noah's sons? Do you think the Chinese Zhuang and the Nigerian Igbo came from Noah's sons? I don't believe in the Flood/Noah story. I am asking you about your belief in it.
I wouldn't say we know. There are a lot of unprovable assumptions made when arriving at the figure of 50 000 years. Why would I possibly think they didn't ?

F

Moves
09 Sep 17
1 edit

FMF: Do you think the Aboriginals came from one of Noah's sons? Do you think the Chinese Zhuang and the Nigerian Igbo came from Noah's sons?

Why would I possibly think they didn't ?
You think it is impossible to not believe the Noah/Flood mythology?

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

Do yourself a favor and read up on mutations and exponential growth.
Do you think it's possible that the Noak's Ark story took place maybe even as long as many hundreds of thousands or even millions of years ago?

Moves
09 Sep 17

Do you think it's possible that the Noak's Ark story took place maybe even as long as many hundreds of thousands or even millions of years ago?
I don't think anyone knows exactly how long ago anything in the far distant past happend, there is a lot of guess work and unprovable assumptions made by modern dating methods.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Sep 17

I don't think anyone knows exactly how long ago anything in the far distant past happend, there is a lot of guess work and unprovable assumptions made by modern dating methods.
Specify some of these 'unprovable assumptions' please.

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @avalanchethecat
Specify some of these 'unprovable assumptions' please.
Specify the dating method and I'll specify the assumptions.

Moves
09 Sep 17

You think it is impossible to not believe the Noah/Flood mythology?
No you are free to believe what you decide to.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @rbhill
Thoughts?
The mountain top must have been under the water at some time.

I like the more regional names of those mountains
Mt. Everest is so boring.
K2 is even more boring.

But I love to pronounce -
Kanchenjunga ! (28,169 plus ft)
Nanga Parbot ! (26,660 ft)
Dhaulajiri ! ( 26,796 ft)

What great names.

Annapurna,
Lohtse
Makula

Sorry, since a kid my brother and I loved and read about high mountains.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Sep 17
2 edits

Specify the dating method and I'll specify the assumptions.
Oh so you don't actually know any and you want to google it up? Nah, it's alright, you clearly don't know your arse from your elbow anyway.

(edit: deleted "on this topic" )

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
09 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonhouse
ah, you mean the local list. I don't see any mention of the Aborigines in Australia or the Siberians or the Chinese.
After the tower of Bable we know were they went.

This as a map: https://www.google.com/amp/s/biblescienceguy.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/8-tower-of-babel-origin-of-people-groups/amp/

There is more just google images.

R

California

Moves
09 Sep 17

How many years do you claim there were between the three sons' children having sex with each other and the emergence of the ethnic diversity we currently see in the world? For example, the Australian Aboriginals date back at least 40,000 years. How does the story of Noah's three sons having children fit into that?
Your going to believe people that just pull a number out?

R

California

Moves
09 Sep 17

Don't think anyone knows for sure, if someone does let them speak up. Do you know how many years there were?
530 to 540 years.