Scientology

Scientology

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Houston, Texas

Moves
09 Feb 12

I am relatively new. Have there ever been any scientologists posting in this forum? I am not saying anything negative, as I understand they may suit your ass in court if you defame them.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 12

Originally posted by moon1969
I am relatively new. Have there ever been any scientologists posting in this forum? I am not saying anything negative, as I understand they may suit your ass in court if you defame them.
I read Hubbards book, found it in a laundrette when i was a student, seemed to me to
be a mixture of psychology and and self hypnosis.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
09 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I read Hubbards book, found it in a laundrette when i was a student, seemed to me to
yes, it's about as silly as the bible.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
No the bible is very practicle

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Feb 12

No the bible is very practicle
The Holy Bible is practical and truthful.
Scientology is more Satanic delusions and deceptions.

Ro

Moves
09 Feb 12

I have always thought Scientology was Hubbards experiment to see how easily you could get people to believe in palpable nonsense, without questioning it rationally.

Tucked away are videos of him recording a message explaining that he made the whole thing up, to be released in 20 years or so, and telling people that they shouldn't have been so gullible and used their brains. At which point his disciples will argue that the videos are faked, taken out of context, or a test of their faith. More and more videos will be released, detailing how the whole sham was cooked up, and the arguments to ignore them, and to keep faith, will become ever more artful. Thus proving his point.

Unfortunately, the intended recipients of Hubbards message will miss the point as well.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Feb 12

Dianetics is theoretical psychology, yes, but Scientology was nothing more than a tax dodge for Hubbard. He saw that churches got tax-exempt status and so set about creating his own church.

Moves
09 Feb 12
1 edit

Everybody's -ism is bogus except mine.

Edit: Especially those they masquerade as an -ology.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Feb 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
No no no! Dianetics is far less silly than the bible. It's basically advocating a form of psychotherapy and there's no doubt that psychotherapy can be very beneficial in many cases. Once you get beyond that however it does seem to get rather silly, and also pretty scary.

Also, it provided some of the inspiration for "Joe's Garage", and you have to thank L Ron for that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Feb 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
No no no! Dianetics is far less silly than the bible. It's basically advocating a form of psychotherapy and there's no doubt that psychotherapy can be very beneficial in many cases. Once you get beyond that however it does seem to get rather silly, and also pretty scary.

Also, it provided some of the inspiration for "Joe's Garage", and you have to thank L Ron for that.
Satan is a good deceiver and you are falling for it just like Eve did. 😏

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Satan is a good deceiver and you are falling for it just like Eve did. (edit - idiot smug face deleted)
Satan cheats at chess too, I expect.

u
semper fi

Moves
09 Feb 12

Satan cheats at chess too, I expect.
Zing... That got a chuckle out of me.

Houston, Texas

Moves
09 Feb 12

About 20 years ago, one of my brothers (a smart guy) stayed up all night reading Dianetics and had a striking thought/revelation that the technnique would help his girlfriend who had been sexually abused as a child for years by her father. He called me first, as we were close, and said that he was going to take her to do the scientology program. I questioned does it really have merit. He responded, oh yes, "very very very much merit." His reaction and thoughts about it were scary to me. He never did it.

Moves
10 Feb 12

About 20 years ago, one of my brothers (a smart guy) stayed up all night reading Dianetics and had a striking thought/revelation that the technnique would help his girlfriend who had been sexually abused as a child for years by her father. He called me first, as we were close, and said that he was going to take her to do the scientology program. I questio ...[text shortened]... very very much merit." His reaction and thoughts about it were scary to me. He never did it.
I suggest a google on scientology sexual abuse and looking at one find for example if interested:

This look will bring other related youtubes.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I have always thought Scientology was Hubbards experiment to see how easily you could get people to believe in palpable nonsense, without questioning it rationally.

Tucked away are videos of him recording a message explaining that he made the whole thing up, to be released in 20 years or so, and telling people that they shouldn't have been so gullib ...[text shortened]... int.

Unfortunately, the intended recipients of Hubbards message will miss the point as well.
It just goes to show you how gullible people really are, to fall for a man made religion 2000 years ago and to fall for yet another clearly man made religion in the 20th century. Both have equal value. Basically zero.