Science vs Christianity

Science vs Christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by TheSkipper
Perhaps our reaction might be more of a reflection on you than on the RHP population at large. The fact that everyone seemed to assume you posted this story in seriousness might suggest to you that your previous postings were of such a quality and/or depth that rendered your "joke" a plausible dj2becker style argument.

I'm not suggesting your posts ar ...[text shortened]... ays to impact people's lives than the path you have chosen. Think about it.

TheSkipper
Thanks for the advice. I suppose a young kid like myself could do with a lot of this type of "constructive critisism".

I appreciate it. 🙂

W
Angler

River City

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Thanks for the advice. I suppose a young kid like myself could do with a lot of this type of "constructive critisism".

I appreciate it. 🙂
Now, that's funny!

If you are serious, however, then you have just taken your first step towards wisdom. Oh, happy journey. Go in faith and the spirit of truth, and you shall go far.

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Now, that's funny!

If you are serious, however, then you have just taken your first step towards wisdom. Oh, happy journey. Go in faith and the spirit of truth, and you shall go far.
😏

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
16 Feb 06

I appreciate it. 🙂
Well, I'm not sure I would say you need "a lot" and there are much better people than me to get it from. In any case the ability to take criticism is a sure sign of maturity and in spite of our fairly significant theological differences I cannot fault your attitude and respect you more than you may think.

TheSkipper

Moves
16 Feb 06

Well, I'm not sure I would say you need "a lot" and there are much better people than me to get it from. In any case the ability to take criticism is a sure sign of maturity and in spite of our fairly significant theological differences I cannot fault your attitude and respect you more than you may think.

TheSkipper
You are too kind. With regards to respect I can say the feelings are mutual.😉

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
16 Feb 06

You are too kind. With regards to respect I can say the feelings are mutual.😉
Who'd have thought a thread entitled "Science vs Christianity" would engender such a love fest?

We probably better knock it off before we go all "Brokeback Mountain" on each other... "I don't know how to quit you, dj2becker".

oh geez.

TheSkipper

Moves
16 Feb 06

Who'd have thought a thread entitled "Science vs Christianity" would engender such a love fest?

We probably better knock it off before we go all "Brokeback Mountain" on each other... "I don't know how to quit you, dj2becker".

oh geez.

TheSkipper
😀 What a pity I can't hand out recs...

k

Moves
16 Feb 06

hello I am new here and i want to tell you that God loves you and he wants us all to get along. God died on the cross for our sins something no normal human being could do so God sent his only son to do that for this world. so please spread the news and tell someone today that jesus love you.

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by kullyo
hello I am new here and i want to tell you that God loves you and he wants us all to get along. God died on the cross for our sins something no normal human being could do so God sent his only son to do that for this world. so please spread the news and tell someone today that jesus love you.
Hi Kullyo! Welcome to the forums.

Child-like faith. We could all do with some of it.

I suppose the best way to reach people is to live out this love.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
16 Feb 06

Hello and welcome, friend.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
16 Feb 06

Thank you for the thought kullyo - but the Christian God cant love everyone...else why would he have smote all of those people that the Bible says he smote?

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
Thank you for the thought kullyo - but the Christian God cant love everyone...else why would he have smote all of those people that the Bible says he smote?
Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We can either accept his love or reject it and face His judgement. His love and justice is unseperable.

L

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]http://www.microfiction.org/wwjd/

I guess you are amused by a bunch of childish non-sequiturs. Wasn't very funny IMO.[/b]
You must have missed the one that says "Jesus would take guitar lessons from a hot potato."

Now that's funny.

If the internet gives you lemons, you have to make lemonade (or something like that). One interpretation is that the website is paying homage to the deeply textured, thoroughly confounding, and myriad capabilities that Christ purportedly possesses. Oh, what it must be like to be supernatural! I own and play a guitar; I also own some potatoes and an oven; but, alas, my capabilities seem confined to the natural. Jesus is wonderfully different. According to this interpretation, the website is celebrating that fact. Besides, the ability to make a hot potato communicate effectively is really quite impressive.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
17 Feb 06

[b]So here we have a Post claiming to be a debate between Science and Christianity.

Wrong.[/b]
You started it!

Your opener was a shocker. You must be able to do better. Please don't try to polarise christians vs scientists. You'll create an atmophere where very little credit emerges.

Why do you assume a polarity between religion and science; I was taught biology (including evolution) by aa devout chritian. Get with the plot dj

a

Meddling with things

Moves
17 Feb 06

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We can either accept his love or reject it and face His judgement. His love and justice is unseperable.
These issues to do not impinge on science.