Satan's role

Satan's role

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 13
2 edits

Never the less,it is a question that is never fully answered ,and to avoid addressing it ,is to ignor a fundamental and irreconcilable problem at the heart of belief in an omnipotent god.

I think it is addressed plenty. It may not be resolved to full satisfaction.

And I don't think this should paralyze anyone from not opening themelves to receive the Lord Jesus.

I think you are saying that until this philosophical paradox is resolved one cannot come forward to know Christ.

I think though that in human life there are a number of mysterious paradoxes which we encounter. But we do not let them totally paralyze us from making decisions.

Say a man is on a desert island and is starving to death. Someone comes and offers him a big sandwich to eat. The starving man requests to know what is in the sandwich. He requires to know more and more about the contents of the sandwich.

He requires before eating to know the chemical make up in every conceivable area. He insists to know the molecules and how they are constructed. He will also not take a bite until the atoms are discribed, the subatomic particles are explained.

He further does not trust to eat until the nuons and quarks in the sandwich are elaborated upon in total detail.

Now no one likes to be compared to a starving man on an island, I know. But the point is that his hunger will be met if he trusts the food and eats. The endless demand to explain the food will eventually cause him to die of hunger.

Likewise I am not without good questions. How can God be so foreknowing and yet I can choose? How does that work ? I cannot resolve the paradox to complete intellectual satisfaction.

Will that paralyze me from reaching out to the love of God in the Savior Christ ? I decide that I can reach out and receive Christ though some mystery remains about God's transcendent foreknowledge and my free will.

Do you have the sensation of being FORCED about the choice ?
I never felt my human will was being usurped in this way.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonship
Never the less,it is a question that is never fully answered ,and to avoid addressing it ,is to ignor a fundamental and irreconcilable problem at the heart of belief in an omnipotent god.

I think it is addressed plenty. It may not be resolved to full satisfaction.

And I don't think this should paralyze anyone from not opening themelv ...[text shortened]... f being FORCED about the choice ?
I never felt my human will was being usurped in this way.
The problem with your analogy is there is no "down-side" to the starving man
eating the sandwich. The "down-side" to a belief in the super-natural is that
you may pick the wrong team (likely since there are hundreds of religions) or
you may just be wasting your time, effort and intellect believing in something
which does not exist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 13
1 edit

The problem with your analogy is there is no "down-side" to the starving man eating the sandwich. The "down-side" to a belief in the super-natural is that you may pick the wrong team (likely since there are hundreds of religions) or you may just be wasting your time, effort and intellect believing in something which does not exist.

I think had Christ remained in the grave that would have been ample evidence that His "team" was the losing "team."

I am persuaded that His resurrection is the final seal demonstrating Him as the Ultimate Winner.

He cannot be put down. He cannot be defeated. That is how I think it sizes up. I've been persuaded.

I have been winning at life since I made such a decision. So I think I must be on the right track.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonship
I have been winning at life since I made such a decision. So I think I must be on the right track.
Tom Cruise isn't doing so bad either.
I guess Scientology is the right track too.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Apr 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Tom Cruise isn't doing so bad either.
I guess Scientology is the right track too.
Since you are so in to science worship, it may be difficult for you to see that Scientology is one of Satan's deceptions.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Since you are so in to science worship, it may be difficult for you to see that Scientology is one of Satan's deceptions.
Scientology has as much to do with science as your grade has to do with ability.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
11 Apr 13

Satan's roll? Ham and cheese I suspect.

Ooooooh! Role. My bad, I reckon he's the straightman to god's bumbling idiot comedy turn.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler

Ooooooh! Role. My bad, I reckon he's the straightman to god's bumbling idiot comedy turn.
*** Laughter ***

*** Applause ***

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Apr 13

Scientology has as much to do with science as your grade has to do with ability.
No? 😲

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Apr 13

No? 😲
... then why link the two in a post?

More dishonesty?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 13

... then why link the two in a post?

More dishonesty?
Because Scientology includes science fiction just like Evilution scientists. 😏

e

Moves
12 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Kepler

I think its easier to see the devil / satan then god - God is the gap between the starlings, but satan is everywhere, in wars, lies etc...

Not sure if this will interest you but these are my top 5 songs about satan - i think they are anyway you might not;

Leonard Cohen - Stranger Song

MGMT - Weekend Wars

Ian Brown - Corpses

Joy Division - 24 Hours

Satanic Warmaster - Distant Blazing Eye (only from scandinavia - truly bonkers )

There should be a rolling stones one in there too just can't think of it...

You like? You hate? 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 13

Originally posted by OdBod
The bible is full of exact predictions,to suggest we have free will is nonsense . It may be the illusion of free will ,you cannot have free will and predetermination.
Adam had free-will to choose to eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was predetermined what would happen if he did. The prophecies in the Holy Bible are predetermined by God in the same way and does not depend on our choices after the prophecy has been announced. Our free-will choices can no longer effect the outcome of the prophecy, but it can effect our own outcome.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

O

Moves
12 Apr 13

Adam had free-will to choose to eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was predetermined what would happen if he did. The prophecies in the Holy Bible are predetermined by God in the same way and does not depend on our choices after the prophecy has been announced. Our free-will choices can no longer effect the outcome of the prophecy, but it can effect our own outcome.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
I think your post is totally illogical ,but illustrates perfectly the limitations of a mind imprisoned by an unquestioning belief system .

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 13

Originally posted by OdBod
I think your post is totally illogical ,but illustrates perfectly the limitations of a mind imprisoned by an unquestioning belief system .
I question the theory of evilution. 😏